You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watford(a) match thread

LFC 6 Times

The comms tonight never shut up about us throwing away a lead late or letting in a goal.

It is like everybody expects it - comms, opposition fans (their lot tonight were silent until last 20 then came alive as they sensed blood) our fans are nervy as well (mate of mine was there tonight and said nerves were clear in crowd)...opposition seem to just want to stay in game then get into us for last 20...and of course reports like that above and how many of us thought tonight 'we are gonna give up a soft goal'? Has to be in players minds as well.

And of course but for the width of the woodwork it nearly happened again.

Thankfully it didn't and we got a massive 3 pts.

Good result. Great goal from Can, so unlucky from Lallana with the one that hit the bar too.

Big pisser that Coutinho got injured just as we get Lallana back, hopefully it's not too serious.

We're having to grind it out a bit though at the moment, not creating too many opportunities and relying on worldies and set pieces (although Lallana and Sturridge should both have scored near the end, I suppose).

Still not confident we'll win the next 3 on the bounce, but at least it's one down.

Three points, and some steel shown. Well done you red men!

Without our attacking riches all on the pitch we're grinding it out a bit, but we still should have scored at least one more tonight to settle it. We were vulnerable to a sucker punch and it almost came at the death, but that would have been an enormous injustice.

Made up. We're not there yet though. Time to knuckle down and do it again.

Not even Lallana's mum believes in her son as much as stringvest does. Shine on stringy you crazy diamond. We have a championship coach and a mid-table squad. Wish we had owners this club deserved.

You are a nutjob

• Upvote 1

Not even Lallana's mum believes in her son as much as stringvest does. Shine on stringy you crazy diamond. We have a championship coach and a mid-table squad. Wish we had owners this club deserved.

I just think that for the way Klopp wants us to play, he's our best player.  There's no way he's getting dropped for any new signings.  Considering it was his first game for 5 weeks, it was a pretty impressive performance.  Let's see what happens in the summer before we start blaming the owners, because for me, it's not clear where the responsibility lies for our lack of recent activity in the transfer market.  If it turns out it is them, then fine, but I'm not yet convinced. 

• Upvote 3