You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Leicester City 3 Liverpool 1 (Feb 27 2017)

tlw content

Grim. I don't think we can turn things around unless we buy players with the purpose of improving us now, not some potential profits player we can develop, we can't develop shit. I want to see a list of that Michael Edwards recruitments, stealing a fucking living. We buy players that are barely good enough because they dont want to pay wages this is their savings account.

Where's the pride in these players they're supposed to be sportsmen they are frauds. dre beat wankers.

This was probably the most alarming performance of the season so far for me. Other games you could say goals went against us at the worst possible times during the match, quite often against the run of play, but here we were fortunate to get through the opening stages without going behind and yet still couldn't settle down or wake up.

Really just fed up with us right now. Was hopeful we could still salvage something from the season (albeit not what we all wanted a few months back) after the Spurs game but this just killed that hope completely. Yet again with months of the season still to go I'll be happy to just see it end and we can spend the last few months of the season watching other teams play important games while ours mean nothing.

I think questions have got to be asked about why Joe Gomez isn't getting more game time. We're seriously stretched at centre back, he's looked decent any time he's there, so why the fuck is he not playing? On that point Sakho couldn't have picked a better time to play again could he? Palace win and they keep a clean sheet. Now maybe he's a head case, but fucking hell, as a defender he shits all over Lucas and Klavan

Clyne can't attack and is mediocre (at best) in defence. How much did he cost? He wasn't cheap.

The fact that people think replacing him isn't a priority tells you how shit we are.

Makes you realise what great managers Shankly and Paisley were in that they had full backs in Lawler and Neal that scored 120 goals between them....I can't think of another manger in the game (there may well be but I can't think of who they are, it certainly isn't Clough, Ferguson or Wenger) that has managed to incorporate full backs into such attack minded players and yet still give fuck all away at the back.

And the Dutch think they invented total football....bollocks to that.

This was probably the most alarming performance of the season so far for me. Other games you could say goals went against us at the worst possible times during the match, quite often against the run of play, but here we were fortunate to get through the opening stages without going behind and yet still couldn't settle down or wake up.

I agree. Out of the cups we had all the time in the world to prepare for this one, even going abroad for a boost.

Despite all that we got served that shit yesterday. It's completely unacceptable.

I remember Newcastle fans moaning about Wijnaldum's complete anonymity in away games. 

He's just another nice boy among the rest. 

Does Lee Cattermole still play football? I'd have him down as the first name on the teamsheet for the rest of the season even if he's now twenty stone and a heavy smoker. 

Clyne can't attack and is mediocre (at best) in defence. How much did he cost? He wasn't cheap.

The fact that people think replacing him isn't a priority tells you how shit we are.

This is what I've been saying all along. He might have the worst first touch out of any player in this league and that's no exaggeration. You can't be a big club and expect to play fluid, attacking football when one of your fullbacks can't control a football. Southampton replaced him with a better player and now European champion for about 4m. 

Makes you realise what great managers Shankly and Paisley were in that they had full backs in Lawler and Neal that scored 120 goals between them....I can't think of another manger in the game (there may well be but I can't think of who they are, it certainly isn't Clough, Ferguson or Wenger) that has managed to incorporate full backs into such attack minded players and yet still give fuck all away at the back.

And the Dutch think they invented total football....bollocks to that.

Well, Dutch Total Football slightly pre-dated Phil Neal, but as a club we were certainly as good as anyone at it.

Indeed, I think Red Star Belgrade might have convinced Shanks things had to change.

• Upvote 1

There is no winning culture at the club whatsoever nor the desire to impose one. Its sole purpose is to extract money from gullible cunts like me.

There's a winning culture in the club souvenir shops... FSG can point to the 18 League titles and 5 European Cups on all the merchandise and be as "winning" as they like for as long as they like.

Trading and leaching off our history to vacuous populists around the world like me.

You know how loads of players get mentioned and people say that they or the team they play for are flat truck bullies.

I think we should sign some of them.

We play like a small time club, shit against teams that are considered shit and then raise our game against the bigger sides.

There was a quote from Shanks that I can't remember exactly but it was about players at smaller clubs putting in performances in the FA Cup and along the lines of "if they actually put that effort in every week they wouldn't be playing for a smaller club".

That's a huge amount of our players and seems to have been for years.

Raise their game against someone we are expected to struggle against then against teams we are expected to beat they turn up and stroll around like they have some kind of right for the opposition to roll over and let us win.

If we sold the entire squad in the summer and started with 22 brand new players I am not sure we'd be any worse off than with this bunch of losers. 

We take the piss out of Arsenal for bottling at the end of the season, we do it every couple of months and have done for years. 

• Upvote 5

We play like a small time club, shit against teams that are considered shit and then raise our game against the bigger sides.

That's true to a certain degree, but even that can't be relied on in a crunch situation.

Chelsea in the League 13/14.

Man City and Sevilla in finals last year.

That's true to a certain degree, but even that can't be relied on in a crunch situation.

Chelsea in the League 13/14.

Man City and Sevilla in finals last year.

I really should have said, raise our game against the bigger sides when the pressure is off.

If they are expected to do the business they fail. 

As I and a few others have said on here before, you can already predict the rest of this season, we'll bumble along picking up the odd result until we are looking like top 4 is out of reach, then we'll string together a run and get near. As soon as there is talk of top 4 being do able they'll fall apart.

Same pattern every fucking year.

• Upvote 1

I really should have said, raise our game against the bigger sides when the pressure is off.

If they are expected to do the business they fail. 

As I and a few others have said on here before, you can already predict the rest of this season, we'll bumble along picking up the odd result until we are looking like top 4 is out of reach, then we'll string together a run and get near. As soon as there is talk of top 4 being do able they'll fall apart.

Same pattern every fucking year.

Indeed.

And they play for a club where, before they were born, top 4 was considered total failure... unless is was top 1.

Lalanna and Coutinho's attitude was an absolute disgrace on Monday eve

There was a moment in the match before a goal had been scored when the ball bounced in Leicester's half and Coutinho sort of jumped for the ball and so did a Leicester defender.

Coutinho literally ducked his head and crouched down to avoid contact.

Pretty much sums the team up. When it's fancy tippy tappy counter attack possession, our players are well up for it. Against physical teams, not for me Clive.

You know how loads of players get mentioned and people say that they or the team they play for are flat truck bullies.

I think we should sign some of them.

There was a quote from Shanks that I can't remember exactly but it was about players at smaller clubs putting in performances in the FA Cup and along the lines of "if they actually put that effort in every week they wouldn't be playing for a smaller club".

That's a huge amount of our players and seems to have been for years.

Raise their game against someone we are expected to struggle against then against teams we are expected to beat they turn up and stroll around like they have some kind of right for the opposition to roll over and let us win.

If we sold the entire squad in the summer and started with 22 brand new players I am not sure we'd be any worse off than with this bunch of losers.

We take the piss out of Arsenal for bottling at the end of the season, we do it every couple of months and have done for years.

Just to add to that mate,the side that Shanks built around 62 was the toughest bunch of fuckers I've ever seen,but by fuck they could play.

Chelsea won the Champions League with Roberto di matteo after buying every manager in world football.

We will win the league again at some stage and it may not necessarily be the best manager that wins us it.

I said in about 2009 I didn't think we'd ever win the league in my lifetime, I was 29 then.

My opinion hasn't changed.