You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

and fat.

It's a shame really, the guy has a hell of a lot of talent.  But seems to have put on far too much muscle, which goes to flab whenever he's picks up a knock - which is often.

Muscle doesn't go to flab.

• Upvote 1

Liverpool are ready to compete with Manchester United to sign Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas should the 29-year-old decide to leave Stamford Bridge this summer. (Daily Star)

He is obviously a clever footballer , but my first thought is that he is glacially slow and wouldn't suit our style of play in the slightest, and I can't see Jurgen being interested.

Listening to the anfield wrap podcast tonight on way home from work and Tony Barrett is on.

The £200m figure was mentioned to him, he just laughed and then said "but the club think they're getting £40m for Sturridge and £30m for Sakho".

The £200m figure probably includes selling Coutinho, Mane, and Matip.

How much are these strong and stable yacht cunts actually going to put in from their own pocket?

I reckon we'll see a figure somewhere around sales plus £60m or so.  Maybe a bit higher, if you consider that the CL is probably worth something like £40-50m when you add up the UEFA TV money and the added sponsorship clauses.

But I honestly don't think we really need more than that.  If we get £80m from sales, which is easily doable with just the fringe players leaving (Sturridge, Sakho, Markovic, Wisdom, Lucas, etc) and add £60-70m on top that should get us anyone we need.  Even if we get our first-choice targets, which is doubtful.

Gimenez (because there's no way we're getting van Dijk) - £35m

Keita - £35m

Brandt - £35m

Sessegnon - £12m

which leaves you with something like £25m to go after a striker.  Not sure who that gets you (maybe Werner?), not someone in the Lacazette bracket but if you get to spend £140-150m in a single summer I'm not sure you can really complain too much at that point.

And I appreciate this is all a bit FM, but I really do think we're going to see a LOT of money go out the door on fees this summer if we end up in the top 4, just hope the players we get end up being worth it all.

Liverpool are ready to compete with Manchester United to sign Chelsea midfielder Cesc Fabregas should the 29-year-old decide to leave Stamford Bridge this summer. (Daily Star)

He has been talking about not wanting to leave london and how much he loves it there...i am sure 150k a week from man utd will change that.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/cesc-fabregas-to-reject-30m-summer-move-to-ac-milan-move-despite-chelseas-40m-tiemoue-bakayoko-deal-a3528126.html

He has been talking about not wanting to leave london and how much he loves it there...i am sure 150k a week from man utd will change that.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/cesc-fabregas-to-reject-30m-summer-move-to-ac-milan-move-despite-chelseas-40m-tiemoue-bakayoko-deal-a3528126.html

Couldn't see him going there - he was one of the ones who fell out with Mourinho last season

So you're not in favour of signing Redmond and Fraser as our new wide attacking players?

Nathan Redmond would be a real statement of intent.

The statement would probably be "If a player is good enough for Southampton, then they're good enough for us."

I'm not sure about Fraser. Is he the lad at Bournemouth? It's only up the road from Southampton so pick him up on the way back perhaps?