You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2017 Transfer Thread

Anubis

Panama mate, come on...

Defoe won't be back at West Ham. They hate him. That West Ham ownership is all about playing to the gallery as well, common sense won't prevail. He might be tempted to go somewhere to try and pick up a few more medals. But then, he might struggle for fitness at a club where he's not playing.  Who knows

Swap Michael Keane for Lovren. Just hope Burnley don't cotton on that a Liverpool player is worse than one of theirs. When did we become SO shit that BURNLEY have a better defence?

Is started with a twat of a Manager in Hodgson then we went one further with the absolute no mark Rodgers. We still haven't recovered from that.

I'd have bought defoe in January (if it wasn't mental pricing) and used him off the bench in tight games, which has been pretty much all of them. If we were to buy a striker this summer to replace Sturridge, I wouldn't mind defoe as a supplement to our options.

Didn't we do similar buying that Southampton lump? Will we ever learn?

• Upvote 1

Didn't we do similar buying that Southampton lump? Will we ever learn?

Defoe is a better player than lambert. He'd be free this summer and better than any option from the bench we currently have. He wouldn't be a key signing for me, but we need to increase the size of the squad, so bring in someone of top quality to replace Sturridge who can be a viable option to firmino, defoe would allow us to have a player around the squad who knows where the goal is and buys us 12 months while we figure out if ings has anything left.

I've read and heard from our fans to buy Defoe for the last 12 years, he's 34 now and there's still people calling for him. I agree he'd score more than what our "strikers" do given the chances we create but I think the attack as a unit would suffer and would score less. He'd be ok to start the games against Burnley and Palace where they just play 10 men behind the ball, well and the Utd games of course, but would he be happy with that at this stage of his career, he's just got back in the England squad. He's a bit of a mercenary so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go to Newcastle.

Depends on what he wants to do

A squad player and have a shot at a medal(he only has a league cup medal) or playing every week

I'd guess that staying in and around the England squad and going to a final World Cup would be quite high on his priorities, granted if he did well here he'd have more of a chance of getting in the squad and does he really think here he has more of a shot of a medal?

TBH I'd say that going to Newcastle and Rafa doing the business in the cups where he's an expert he'd have more of a chance winning the League Cup with them than anything with us, we're not winning the league, don't really want to win the FA or League Cups and our starting XIs show that and we're not winning the Europa or if we don't completely fuck things up the Champions League.

I was arguing with a United fan last night both of us pissed I mentioned them having the most expensive team in the world and he said it's not true you can't count players they have brought through. Is it a true statement it's the most expensive side? Fucked if I know anymore. Football is so polarizing there's no point in talking about it with other fans it descends into bollocks regardless.

I've read and heard from our fans to buy Defoe for the last 12 years, he's 34 now and there's still people calling for him. I agree he'd score more than what our "strikers" do given the chances we create but I think the attack as a unit would suffer and would score less. He'd be ok to start the games against Burnley and Palace where they just play 10 men behind the ball, well and the Utd games of course, but would he be happy with that at this stage of his career, he's just got back in the England squad. He's a bit of a mercenary so I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him go to Newcastle.

I wouldn't sign him to start games. We have firmino and I want another top class player to fight and rotate for that number 9. I'd have him for games where we struggle to score, to come off the bench, plant himself by the penalty spot and just pinch the odd goal. If we had that and changed 4 draws into wins, we'd have been in the mix to win the league.

I appreciate he's just got into the England squad, but if he's successful for us, he could full the same role for England and he won't be dead on his feet after playing 40 games at the age of 35. And if we get champions league, how much of that has he played in his career, has he played any?

My view is we play with one striker and klopp seems not to vary from that. Firmino is fine and stays fit normally, so if we get someone else, to challenge him, we hopefully can cope the whole season with the 2 of them. We'd then have defoe and origi for the bench.

I was arguing with a United fan last night both of us pissed I mentioned them having the most expensive team in the world and he said it's not true you can't count players they have brought through. Is it a true statement it's the most expensive side? Fucked if I know anymore. Football is so polarizing there's no point in talking about it with other fans it descends into bollocks regardless.

It's the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the sport.

I think the real point is he is not good enough. Watching the Palace game earlier and Allardyce hooked Benteke when he was losing after 70 minutes, Keane had him in his pocket yet a week earlier Lovren was largely responsible for the shuffling lump being a match winner. We will win fuck all with him at the heart of our defence and for me its No 1 priority

The winner was on Firmino I thought.

It's the most expensively assembled squad in the history of the sport.

Think I read yesterday on Sky Sports News Man City's is like £1m more, I was gutted, I been dining out on that fact with my Manc mates all season.

Edit..just re read it, Man Utd have the highest pound per point squad in the league and it's still the most expensive, by a couple of mill over Man City.