You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football 2016/17.

Trumo

In fairness we were a bit tasty ourselves in the first half with the odd elbow and leaving the foot in. Taylor's tackle went well above and beyond that though

I agree with Chris Coleman and Saunders. Neil Taylor's not that type of player so he obviously didn't mean to do it the problem is he's just shit, really really shit. God knows what he was thinking going in for that tackle after hesitating, he was never getting there after that. Clearly it's a bad one so you've got to feel for Coleman but like you said there was some bad ones from both teams really, mostly Ireland though. I think the bad ones from Wales was probably accidental like Ramsey's on Wheelan and Bales on O'Shea.

Bales was a potential leg breaker too. Martin O Neill was telling Irish tv after that O Shea had a bad gash on his leg after. But I don't think either tackle was malicious at all. Don't know what was going through Taylor's head for the challenge though.

I agree with Chris Coleman and Saunders. Neil Taylor's not that type of player so he obviously didn't mean to do it the problem is he's just shit, really really shit. God knows what he was thinking going in for that tackle after hesitating, he was never getting there after that. Clearly it's a bad one so you've got to feel for Coleman but like you said there was some bad ones from both teams really, mostly Ireland though. I think the bad ones from Wales was probably accidental like Ramsey's on Wheelan and Bales on O'Shea.

In the interests of diplomacy, we can call that "a Welsh perspective".

• Upvote 1

England U19 3-0 Spain U19: Trent Alexander-Arnold scores brace to seal place at European Championship

• Liverpool's Trent Alexander-Arnold opened the scoring after nine minutes 
  • Alexander-Arnold doubled England's lead with 26 minutes left to play on Friday 
  • Arsenal's Chris Willock sealed England's place in the European Championship 
  • The 2017 European Championship this summer will be held in Georgia 

England comfortably made it past Spain on Friday to seal their passage to the Under-19 European Championship in Georgia this summer.

Liverpool youngster Trent Alexander-Arnold was the star of the match at St George's Park as he scored twice despite being played in defence.

The rapid full back put Keith Downing's England ahead inside 10 minutes when he fired past Spain goalkeeper Daniel Martin Fernandez at the near post.

3E9AD17000000578-4347530-image-a-3_14903

+7

Trent Alexander-Arnold is congratulated by his team-mates after scoring the opening goal

3E9AC34800000578-4347530-image-a-4_14903

+7

Chris Willock's 86th minute strike secured England's passage to the European Championship

The 18-year-old is greatly admired by Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp who has given the player chances to impress in the first team.

This display would only have helped cement the thought that Alexander-Arnold is developing into a fine defender.

Indeed, he demonstrated his attacking potency with 26 minutes remaining when he drove down the right flank before passing to Chelsea's Dujon Sterling.

3E9ACF0100000578-4347530-image-a-5_14903

+7

Everton youngster Tom Davies captained Keith Downing's side on Friday afternoon

3E9AD49500000578-4347530-image-a-8_14903

+7

Fulham's talented full back Ryan Sessegnon put in another promising display for England

Sterling darted into the Spain penalty area before being taken down by Cucu.

A penalty was awarded by referee Bastian Dankert and Alexander-Arnold converted from the spot.

The win and the crucial three points were secured four minutes before full-time. 

Not good news if it is as bad a break as Bust's. Dont think he ever played again, didnt he? I know the lad's a bluenose and I actually think he's a decent player so hopefully he does make a recovery.

I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy mate, as you say he may not play again.

Gutted for the lad.

• Upvote 1