You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Batman Vs Superman

Sugar Ape

There were aspects that I liked, notably Affleck's performance and the characterisation of the older Batman, but just thought it was a convoluted mess. There were times I was actually bored watching it.

I think there were the components for a good film somewhere in there, but I think Snyder's a piss poor director. He's just a professional geek with no concept of what makes the source material great, such as themes and character arcs. Watchmen was the perfect example of this.

I bought the 60s Batman TV series boxset the other week to watch with teh kids. Its fantastic.

There is a good chance I never see Batman Vs Superman

Some of the double entendres are sublime.

There's one episode where Batman fights the Middle Eastern Boxing Champion, Mushy Nebuchadnezzar... where there's a reference to him "getting Mushy in the ring".

• Upvote 1

Are you watching it on your Bat-DVD player under your Bat-Television whilst drinking a Bat-Brew from a Bat-mug

You following Bat Labels as well...?

I did get a Batman t-shirt for a bday present last week, although I haven't watched whilst wearing it yet, although the The Woolstinho did watch it wearing his Batman PJs, mask and socks. Batman is his favourite and without ever seeing so much as a cartoon on TV, so getting the box set was just for him, obvs...

The bomb scene from the film is utterly tremendous, I can remember watching it stoned one night after I'd been the boozer & everybody in the room was doubled over for about half an hour. Nothing in any of the recent Batman films can hold a candle to that scene.

batman-bomb.jpg?__SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSI

• Upvote 2

You following Bat Labels as well...?

I did get a Batman t-shirt for a bday present last week, although I haven't watched whilst wearing it yet, although the The Woolstinho did watch it wearing his Batman PJs, mask and socks. Batman is his favourite and without ever seeing so much as a cartoon on TV, so getting the box set was just for him, obvs...

If the kid likes batman get him the 90s cartoon box sets. Mark Hamill voicing the joker. They are brilliant
  • Upvote 1

Caught some of Avengers Assemble last night on telly and quite liked it to be fair, good actors and well written. Cavill is Man of Steel just put me off this film massively before it was even released though. I liked Toby McGuire's Spiderman but never bothered with the reboots for exactly that reason - they were reboots, it just felt like someone was taking the p*ss.