You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Batman Vs Superman

Sugar Ape

Nolan's version of this would have been better. Superman wouldn't have had any super powers, he'd have just been a Chinese bloke with a kiss curl. 

watch-the-world-burn.jpg

"When I was in burma, I saw a man once who could shoot lasers out of his eyes. It turns out, I'd just eaten some magic mushrooms". 

• Upvote 1

It'd be a huge surprise if it was shit.

Would it though?

Man of Steel was rubbish

Zach Snyder is largely shit at anything that isn't huge action set pieces.

DC (and WB's) envy at the Marvel Cinematic Universe has prompted them to ignore all aspects of what made it so successful and try to fast forward to the result doing everything in reverse (Justice League/BvS being the catalyst for independent films not standalone films being the catalyst for Justice League).

When you have a film pitched on the battle between two heroes at 2:30 long and, by all accounts, the protagonists barely speak and the confrontation amounts to 10/20 minutes of the film then something is wrong. We've just seen the way to handle two 'heroes' facing off in Daredevil, lot's of dialogue to establish the story and lots of action to pay off that dialogue.

All of it has been a reactionary measure to Disney/Marvel

Would it though?

Man of Steel was rubbish

Zach Snyder is largely shit at anything that isn't huge action set pieces.

DC (and WB's) envy at the Marvel Cinematic Universe has prompted them to ignore all aspects of what made it so successful and try to fast forward to the result doing everything in reverse (Justice League/BvS being the catalyst for independent films not standalone films being the catalyst for Justice League).

When you have a film pitched on the battle between two heroes at 2:30 long and, by all accounts, the protagonists barely speak and the confrontation amounts to 10/20 minutes of the film then something is wrong. We've just seen the way to handle two 'heroes' facing off in Daredevil, lot's of dialogue to establish the story and lots of action to pay off that dialogue.

All of it has been a reactionary measure to Disney/Marvel

Nah was joking, it was always going to be shit. 

Some scathing reviews around, all centering that Zak Snyder is shite, he was shite before Superman & he's still making the same shite films with the same mistake.

Is anybody surprised?

Is Kermode's review out yet? He was slating it before he'd even seen it, I bet it's hilarious.

Did Zack Snyder not make Watchmen? I thought that was pretty good,

Man of Steel was fucking awful though & I suspect this will be the same having seen the trailer.

I'm half thinking of going to see it anyway, partly because I have four days off work & also because I love a good moan about how shite everything is.

• Upvote 2

Now down to 33%...this doesn't look good. But then I'm surprised anyone held out hope for a movie made by Zack Snyder.

Looks like a concerted effort from DC fanboys to bump up the reviews anywhere it can as it's pulling a 8.1 on IMDB.

Nah was joking, it was always going to be shit. 

Fair enough, my mistake.

I liked the Dawn of the Dead remake, think it was one of the better attempts from Hollywoods back catalog of destroying  much loved IP's

It wasn't awful but didn't interest me too much, compared to the original. Always like a bit of Sarah Polley, though.