You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Newcastle (A) - 06/12/15

ZonkoVille77

Fuck off. Blaming Benteke & Allen? I thought Allen played ok, Benteke didn't but there was worse on the pitch. Firmino was fucking awful, I thought Ibe was shit, he's just so frustrating. But I recognise that you need scapegoats & Benteke & Allen are usually the ones to pick on. I'm surprised you didn't 'blame' Lucas too.

Firstly wind your neck in Rambo. I'm a fan of Benteke but he was doing a flawless impression of Carroll at his worst yesterday. Allen was a disgrace, utterly contemptible shit house performance, which allowed them to waltz through our midfield with total disregard.

Lucas did his job in fairness to him, but he was poor as well. At least Firmino and Ibe were trying to make something happen, which under the circumstances was more than can be said for most of them.

Not yesterday, but Benteke is comfortably better than Carroll.

Carroll had the side better set up for his style, when he managed to get out on the park, and didn't do a lot.

I'd say Benteke is more of a square peg in a round-hole set-up, at the moment.  I think it will be interesting to see what becomes of his time here.

Really nice goals already against United, that header at Anfield (was it Soton?) and a neat one at Chelsea.

Not the worst.  His price is much more of an issue/problem than him I think.

Benteke and Firmino cannot play together and need more mobile players around them

Having said that Firmino's movement was pathetic yesterday

At least Benteke won his ball and set up play

Would have liked to see either play with Origi's movment beside them

Sturridge looked like the guy you do not want going out with your sister such was his attitude

Benteke and Firmino cannot play together and need more mobile players around them

Having said that Firmino's movement was pathetic yesterday

At least Benteke won his ball and set up play

Would have liked to see either play with Origi's movment beside them

Sturridge looked like the guy you do not want going out with your sister such was his attitude

I'm not sure there would be much of a chance of that even if she was 15 years younger. 

People also would rather carry on the we've got a "poor" squad line. The squad is good. We've seen that when the team is setup right we can beat anyone. We've seen it this season already.

We do have a poor squad, and this "when the setup is right we can beat anyone" is probably the weakest argument you could possibly make for justifying the current players. Newcastle just beat us, so obviously when the setup is right for them, they too can beat anyone. Would you care to take on their squad?

The squad is mediocre. Deeply mediocre. To think otherwise is to fool yourself. 

• Upvote 2

Firstly wind your neck in Rambo. I'm a fan of Benteke but he was doing a flawless impression of Carroll at his worst yesterday. Allen was a disgrace, utterly contemptible shit house performance, which allowed them to waltz through our midfield with total disregard.

Lucas did his job in fairness to him, but he was poor as well. At least Firmino and Ibe were trying to make something happen, which under the circumstances was more than can be said for most of them.

Allen is the perfect example of how our club has gradually come to embrace mediocrity. He is a consistent 6 out of 10, barely having any meaningful influence on a game for months on end, and then he will finally have a decent game, and suddenly a whole bunch of people will be crowing "See, Allen is great! All you idiots writing him off, he's fine our squad is fine! You Sky generation losers, always on a players back!".

Then Allen does fuck all for another two months, but (say) Lallana has his one good game in 10, and they are at it again: "See, Lallana is great! All you idiots writing him off, he's fine our squad is fine! You Sky generation losers, always on a players back!".

And so we continue to just plug away, being good in some games, crap in others, and the fans arguing individual trees as the forest slowly withers away.

• Upvote 6

How can you not see that situation is a result of him sprinting across to cover Divjan's man, who is casually running into the space behind him while he stares at the ball. Clyne is then forced to cover Skrtel's man and there is one left over. Meanwhile Lovren is free from any blame.

Hahaha what?! He's running backwards not across, if he'd moved forward we could have played offside or at least given Newcastle no space. He's atrocious.

Thought Allen was one of our better players yesterday. That isn't saying much, given how bad we were, and he wasn't great himself, but I thought he comfortably outperformed the likes of Lucas, Milner, Benteke and Firmino.

Worst on show:

1. Firmino

2. Clyne

3. Lucas

4. Milner

5. Benteke

6. Sturridge

7. Ibe

8. Skrtel

9. Allen

10. Lovren

11. Mignolet

12. Lallana

13. Moreno

• Upvote 1

No it's not, it's the usual nonsense. When you say "control" what exactly do you mean? There was no time whatsoever in that whole game that I would have used the word 'control" to describe Liverpool's performance.

We were absolutely diabolical. One of the worst games of football I've seen for a long time.

No rhythm, no movement, no leadership.

He should have changed it earlier than he did, just to try to change the dynamic.

Dreadful from beginning to end.

We had the majority of the ball and it was rare for them to have possession in our half, before the game I expected a poor performance but I was impressed with our start and how we were dominating the game.

There was no drop in intensity or effort from the players which is why it's hard to understand the loss, I don't think it's a lack of quality we are just short of a couple of star players who can get the first goal which opens the game.

It's not the worst thing that Klopp has got a reminder that we struggle in these kind of games, we are not shit and don't need a a lot of players added we just need one or two top class players who hopefully Klopp can attract.Even Klopp was being too harsh with what he said about he game imo, I have no problem with that though as a manager should never be completely satisfied no matter what the result.

After Milner's attitude and display yesterday he should never play for us again.

He lead by example alright.

Not at his best and he's not good on the left imo, he gave a decent performance defensively though, how did newcastles main

attacking threat in their rb do?

Millers a water carrier, does the defensive side and gets the ball to the attacking players.We are missing a special player in our am positions especially with Coutinho out, add one and the rest will look better.

Don't get this new Lovren love. He has improved under Klopp, slightly, but he was still utter shite yesterday.

Got turned for the goal and does non-stop unbelievably stupid shit, but swaggers round like he's fucking Franco Baresi.

He dives in all the time, rushing out of position and doesn't then chase back. He's fucking terrible. When is Sakho back?

Hardly "Lovren love" being the best of a bad bunch Yesterday.  I'd happily sell the joke tomorrow along with a few others in the squad.

Yep Klopp can claim credit for bring Lovren back from the dead but he was let down badly by most of them yesterday. When a 19 year old is the only player that looked interested there is something badly wrong. Klopp should have gone with more pace and played with two up top . Origi deserved to be selected and we didn't need both Allen and Lucas playing deep, 

Lallana instead or Firmino and Origi instead o Allen and we would have pissed that game.

Manager got it wrong yesterday and tried to wing it with a statue up front and only Jordan Ibe 

with any pace about him supporting.

When you play shite just go for the fucking jugular and don't piss about.

• Upvote 2

I thought Newcastle were awful and, despite us playing pretty poorly throughout, we were still the better team for much of the game. We deserved a draw at least. Too many players just not at it and the absence of Can, Coutinho and Lallana (for much of the game at least) also played a role.

Firmino and Benteke look like they want a divorce, Milner tried very hard but he seemed to have only 70% control over his legs, Clyne looked like he was going to the Christmas party as Glenn Johnson, and Lucas seemed perplexed as to why he could no longer even make his trademark 5-10 meter passes.

But even given all of that, it took some bad luck for us (Moreno's wrongly disallowed - and rather fantastic - goal) and bad finishing (Benteke and Sturridge) and good fortune for them - yes, Lovren was at fault for their goal, but, repeat that scenario 10 times and how often  does Wijnaldum score from that position? No more than the 1 he got yesterday, is my bet - for them to take the 3pts.

It was dispiriting to see the opposition drag us down to something near their level of ineptitude, but we have played worse and got something out of matches, and we deserved more than we got yesterday. Despite being shite.

• Upvote 1

Joe Allen is like when you play 7-a-side and the other team has a wiry 12 year old in the lineup. He's skilled for his age and works hard but it doesn't bother you because you just brush him aside with ease in duels and watch as he powder-puffs decent shot opportunities.

• Upvote 1

I don't think Klopp got it right either, His subs were way too late and also not what we needed. For once he seemed to struggle sorting out what was the Achilles' heel.

We lacked steel effort and guts = put Hendo in for Firmino at half time if not earlier. Firmino wasn't just bad yesterday, he seemed uninterested and lazy. A disgrace really. 

Then some minutes later, if getting control of the game back wasn't enough to make us create chances, throw Sturridge in, But not as replacement for Benetke. Let them play togetther for at least 10 mins to see how they'd work together. Then if that wasn't enough call for Adam Lallana.

I accept changes from the Soton game was necessary, but 6 changes? A bit too much?

• Upvote 1

Shit performance, like we sometimes had even during our best times.

I'd like to see us prioritise the West Brom game over the Sion game.

We should definately look only at the WBA game, pick the starting 11 and keep all of them at home training. Let the kids have som fun in Switzerland.

Shit performance, like we sometimes had even during our best times.

I'd like to see us prioritise the West Brom game over the Sion game.

Can't agree with that. We draw and we win the group - something we need to do. Only way to make sure is to go for the win.

Besides, we know what Pulis will do - we couldn't fucking break Newcastle down.

I don't think Klopp got it right either, His subs were way too late and also not what we needed. For once he seemed to struggle sorting out what was the Achilles' heel.

Thought we missed an opportunity to get Sturridge and Lallana on at half time. Instead Newcastle seemed to grow in confidence the longer they held us at bay for, which wasn't too difficult. Maybe Klopp was concerned about fitness issues of his bench though, with only Lallana match-fit.

JP posted:

We had the majority of the ball and it was rare for them to have possession in our half, before the game I expected a poor performance but I was impressed with our start and how we were dominating the game.

There was no drop in intensity or effort from the players which is why it's hard to understand the loss, I don't think it's a lack of quality we are just short of a couple of star players who can get the first goal which opens the game.

A stat been produced showing we misplaced 124 passes, the highest number in years.

Probably explains the result and performance.