You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January Transfer Window 2016

aRdja

It's not so much that we're shit at it (since none of the teams above us it are doing it any better than we are), it's that our fans expect us to consistently do what we did with Coutinho and Suarez, by signing world class £30-80m players for less than a third of that price. The players who are legitimately worth £15-20m are the ones our fans moan like fuck about not being good enough.

Best bit of business we did was getting Pepe, Alonso, Masherano and Torres for a combined £55m...

• Upvote 1

Every club in the league has a better success ratio with transfers. Stop chatting shit

Same as when you claim Arsenal massively outspend us, another lie

An Arsenal squad that cost less than ours, has a subs bench that walks into our first team and qualifies for the European cup year after year. No our transfer success ratio must be very similar, it's just George playing the wrong tunes pre-match that is holding us back.

Every club in the league has a better success ratio with transfers. Stop chatting shit

Same as when you claim Arsenal massively outspend us, another lie

The irony of you telling anyone to stop chatting shit...

I don't think I've ever claimed Arsenal massively outspend us. I might have said they spend more than us on wages and prior to this summer were spending more than us on transfers but that's about it.

• Downvote 1

LIVERPOOL BID £10 MILLION FOR LEROY SANÉ

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp already has his eyes on improving his side in January, according to German publication BILD, the former Dortmund boss has made a £10 million bid for Schalke winger Leroy Sané.

The Daily Telegraph (via BILD) reported that the new boss is planning to raid the league where he learnt his trade, the 48-year old is expected to introduce several players to the Anfield fateful.

465345764.jpgJan Kruger/Getty Images Sport

Klopp’s time in Liverpool has been seen him only lose once in his opening four games. The German’s first win as Liverpool boss came against Premier League champions Chelsea, where a brace from Philippe Coutinho and a goal from Christian Benteke enough to see off Jose Mourinho’s side. However prior to the international break, he tasted defeat for the first time to the hands of Alan Pardew’s Crystal Palace.

Sane was awarded a call-up to the German national side following his good form for Schalke. This season, Sane has scored and assisted five times in the Bundesliga, helping the Royal Blues to a league high of 3rd in the Bundesliga but in recent weeks Andre Breitenreiter’s side have slumped to fifth.

http://readbundesliga.com/2015/11/17/liverpool-bid-10-million-leroy-sane/?

Ron Vlaar on a free might be a shout. He's been captain at clubs so presumably a leader, will add much needed depth to centre back. He's at least as good as Lovren and better than Toure at this point.

Seen him linked with Everton and Milan today.

He's turning 31 in a few months and has just recovered from a serious injury. Don't think he would accept a short term deal with us when he could easily sign a 2-3 year contract elsewhere.

He's another attacking midfielder.... We have 4 already vying for 2-3 positions. Markovic is to come back too. Sell Allen, get someone in who could challenge Lucas please Klopp e.g. Sebastian Rode.

Sane is left footed though, which we don't have.

Plus I guess the idea is he will develop into a goalscorer from the wide position which Lallana, Firmino, Markovic et al don't really look like doing.

Sane Firmino Coutinho

--------Benteke

With Lallana, Ibe, Sturridge and Ings as bench options.  Not bad.  Would be really good if Firmino gets better and Sane develops into a worldie.

Ron Vlaar on a free might be a shout. He's been captain at clubs so presumably a leader, will add much needed depth to centre back. He's at least as good as Lovren and better than Toure at this point.

Seen him linked with Everton and Milan today.

I like your thinking, probably younger than Toure was when we signed him (i havent checked) and a leader, not something we have an abundance of.

Plus his name is Ron. Yeats, Moran....Harris. I need say no more

I like your thinking, probably younger than Toure was when we signed him (i havent checked) and a leader, not something we have an abundance of.

Plus his name is Ron. Yeats, Moran....Harris. I need say no more

I'd rather give youth a try for a 4th or 5th choice centre back.

• Upvote 1

I think we might be in for Vardy in January.

He's non-stop, a classic geggenpresse player.

Bringing him in for, realistically, £15-£18m wouldn't break the bank and would be a sound investment in our striker ranks for 2-3'years

it then buys us time to find a buyer for Sturridge, and to get Ings back fit, and in the summer we can then go shopping for our marquee striker to replace Sturridge.

Vardy and Klopp are made for each other.