You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

FSG are not shit

Dave D

I should be gutted at tonight's result really but I'm not, and why? Because these cunt owners have slowly but surely leeched the passion from me. I know that even if we get through to the next stage, or the stage after, or even win the CL (!) that they have no interest in re-creating a club which competes for trophies at the top of the game year in year out. They have no interest in the club or the community beyond the money it makes them.

Fuck off FSG scum.

• Upvote 2

sort of where I'm at. we've actually got a pretty nice team; enough to cause any other side in the world problems on our day. but probably a few too many positions where the gulf in quality in so wide from where it needs to be (left back; right back; at least 1 centre half position; 1 midfield position -- variously goalkeeping) that we cannot possibly offer a consistent showing, and are therefore at the mercy of the fates as to what will happen in any 1 passing game. zero appetite from ownership to rectify.

I should be gutted at tonight's result really but I'm not, and why? Because these cunt owners have slowly but surely leeched the passion from me. I know that even if we get through to the next stage, or the stage after, or even win the CL (!) that they have no interest in re-creating a club which competes for trophies at the top of the game year in year out. They have no interest in the club or the community beyond the money it makes them.

Fuck off FSG scum.

In one

Until these parasites with a smile are gone we may get used to pleasures of watching our superb attack and realise we'll never be consistently good. No team getting outspend by newly promoted sides is.

sort of where I'm at. we've actually got a pretty nice team; enough to cause any other side in the world problems on our day. but probably a few too many positions where the gulf in quality in so wide from where it needs to be (left back; right back; at least 1 centre half position; 1 midfield position -- variously goalkeeping) that we cannot possibly offer a consistent showing, and are therefore at the mercy of the fates as to what will happen in any 1 passing game. zero appetite from ownership to rectify.

I think it's very obvious that with FSG as owners we'll be in a constant state of rebuilding.

A horrible feeling.

Yeah .. until you max out on the luck of picking the Manes/salahs up at below market value, and then the club really is fucked. sort of what happened tail-end of the hicks/gillett era / arsenal when they went through that period of spending no money and at the same time the gems dried up. take Tottenham away as the anomaly who've created a great team out of almost nothing (all credit to Poch) and I'd still see us as a team/club that is over-achieving TBH.

Yeah .. until you max out on the luck of picking the Manes/salahs up at below market value, and then the club really is fucked. sort of what happened tail-end of the hicks/gillett era / arsenal when they went through that period of spending no money and at the same time the gems dried up. take Tottenham away as the anomaly who've created a great team out of almost nothing (all credit to Poch) and I'd still see us as a team/club that is over-achieving TBH.

Tottenham have spent stupid money for years before this and have lucked out a bit themselves but still seem a bit short themselves in that they are not prepared to go above a certain threshold in terms of wages and transfer fees. They actually arent any better than ourselves other than the fact that they bought a good defence first and then built from there,we are doing the complete opposite.

Yes — but they are investing a huge amount into a new stadium, which is a mitigating circumstance to their not spending now. FSG won’t countenance renovating half of Anfield never mind a whole new ground ... remarkably short sighted strategy from the money balling ‘smartest men in the room’.

I can foresee the future!

Due to fan pressure Klopp will get sacked because 'he can't set up a defence.' Fan pressure will then see the return of Rafa who will then be forced to buy all his 'Plan B' players and we will be playing insipid football and the same fans will long for the style of play of Jurgen Klopp's teams. Rafa will have a public argument with the owners about lack of quality signings and will resign or be sacked....and then maybe,just maybe,the fan base will realise that the reason we are where we are,well behind City,Chelsea,United is..... the owners.

The end....and nobody lived happily ever after.

• Upvote 1

Fan pressure to sack Klopp could and probably would be the worst thing we could do, especially under this ownership.

Klopp isn't unsackable, no manager is, but we won't get anyone better in my opinion. Plus, for the obvious negatives they are still vastly outweighed by the positives and he has earned the time to rectify the issues and continue improving us.

The major failing for me of Klopp's is that we are still in a position of having a team devoid of character when the chips are down. It was a problem we had before he arrived and still lingers, however there is clearly a method in buying first team players such as Mane and Salah who both have fit in seamlessly. We've spent major money on Ox and Wijnaldum too, they're not in the Mane or Salah bracket but neither of them are shit and will contribute largely unspectacularly but by and large won't let us down unlike Moreno who always has a performance like last night's in him. Wijnaldum frustrates the hell out of me especially when we are playing away from Anfield and I suspect he won't be playing anywhere near as much next year once Keita arrives but he's part of what is a very shades of beige paintbox in that position so we will have to persevere until the significant upgrade arrives next July.

Likewise if/when we get VVD, he will definitely improve us. Crucially both him and Keita seem to have the much needed character as well as ability, and in this regard I also think that TAA will establish himself possibly even in midfield; he's one of the few with character but we are managing him very carefully.

Obviously nobody except a couple of voices are calling for the manager's head so this is a bit of a pointless post in that respect but I guess all I am saying is that we are whether we like it or not we are highly likely to keep getting results & performances like last nights but equally there does appear to be an albeit very slow moving plan to rectify it and become the team that we'd consistently like to see. We've been flaky as fuck this year but are still well within touching distance of being top 4 in May, and CL qualification is still in our own hands. So whilst I'm frustrated after last night and completely understand why people are fuming I'm still willing to ride it out somewhat.

Not sure this post really belongs here as I only meant to reply briefly to Vladimir Illych but I kind of got on a roll.

If the owners did sack Klopp quite a few players would probably fuck off. They go anyway once they realise we are in a permanent cycle of transition but a lot of the players like him and want to play for him.

The owners would probably replace Klopp with someone like Marco Silva or another yound manager from another league. We would be back to the situation under Brendan Rodgers. Diego Simeone or Carlo Ancelotti wouldnt come and work for FSG.

Fan pressure to sack Klopp could and probably would be the worst thing we could do, especially under this ownership.

Klopp isn't unsackable, no manager is, but we won't get anyone better in my opinion. Plus, for the obvious negatives they are still vastly outweighed by the positives and he has earned the time to rectify the issues and continue improving us.

The major failing for me of Klopp's is that we are still in a position of having a team devoid of character when the chips are down. It was a problem we had before he arrived and still lingers, however there is clearly a method in buying first team players such as Mane and Salah who both have fit in seamlessly. We've spent major money on Ox and Wijnaldum too, they're not in the Mane or Salah bracket but neither of them are shit and will contribute largely unspectacularly but by and large won't let us down unlike Moreno who always has a performance like last night's in him. Wijnaldum frustrates the hell out of me especially when we are playing away from Anfield and I suspect he won't be playing anywhere near as much next year once Keita arrives but he's part of what is a very shades of beige paintbox in that position so we will have to persevere until the significant upgrade arrives next July.

Likewise if/when we get VVD, he will definitely improve us. Crucially both him and Keita seem to have the much needed character as well as ability, and in this regard I also think that TAA will establish himself possibly even in midfield; he's one of the few with character but we are managing him very carefully.

Obviously nobody except a couple of voices are calling for the manager's head so this is a bit of a pointless post in that respect but I guess all I am saying is that we are whether we like it or not we are highly likely to keep getting results & performances like last nights but equally there does appear to be an albeit very slow moving plan to rectify it and become the team that we'd consistently like to see. We've been flaky as fuck this year but are still well within touching distance of being top 4 in May, and CL qualification is still in our own hands. So whilst I'm frustrated after last night and completely understand why people are fuming I'm still willing to ride it out somewhat.

Not sure this post really belongs here as I only meant to reply briefly to Vladimir Illych but I kind of got on a roll.

I made the point about Klopp being sacked as I think that is what the owners will try to do to deflect from their own lack of investment in the club and modern fans are also most likely to blame the manager first. I would preferably lose the owners over Klopp as we know what he is capable of when given funds to spend on players. Patience is still needed but I worry that fans will not give it and allow the owners an easy way out of their own shortcomings.

Tottenham have spent stupid money for years before this and have lucked out a bit themselves but still seem a bit short themselves in that they are not prepared to go above a certain threshold in terms of wages and transfer fees. They actually arent any better than ourselves other than the fact that they bought a good defence first and then built from there,we are doing the complete opposite.

They are also better in a finishing-higher-in-the-league way.

It's been obvious for a while that Klopp was going to take the blame for not being world beaters on a shit budget.

We're firm favourites to qualify for the knock out rounds of the champions league for the first time in fuck knows how long. We're just shy of 2 pt a game in the league but you would swear we're having a season similar to many we've witnessed under Rodgers and Woy of late.

It's fans turning on Rafa and pretending ge was backed because he got Aquilani all over again.

Things aren't going to get better consistently until there's an ownership change. It's as simple as that. And right now things are a fuck load better than our spending deserves.

Ten years of being raped by American businessmen has took it's toil. Liverpool football don't act like a big club so stop expecting it to be one based on history.

• Upvote 2