You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should the UK remain a member of the EU

Anny Road

317 members have voted

1. 1. Should the UK remain a member of the EU

• Yes
    • No

I think you lot have jumped the gun a tweet from the FT see below.

Have you also considered the fact that discussing the issue of globalism and explaining how a stronger manufacturing industry might possibly give those who voted leave a reason to vote remain. Seems good politics to me, discuss your manifesto and address an underlying issue of why some may have voted leave. 

Corbyn team is complaining that his words about "cheap labour" have been taken out of context and on this occasion they are absolutely right: he was talking about "imports" made abroad with cheap labour, not cheap labour coming here - here's the relevant passage. Please retweet

Di3_GHz_YX0_AAKRD.jpg

Corbyn team is complaining that his words about "cheap labour" have been taken out of context and on this occasion they are absolutely right: he was talking about "imports" made abroad with cheap labour, not cheap labour coming here - here's the relevant passage. Please retweet

So Raab and the DExEU demoted after a week and the government isn't stockpiling food, instead it will ensure there's enough food to go around. Who is old enough to remember ration cards? Apart from Stringy.

I think he said manufacturers should stockpile. Where, being the very obvious response.

I think you lot have jumped the gun a tweet from the FT see below.

Have you also considered the fact that discussing the issue of globalism and explaining how a stronger manufacturing industry might possibly give those who voted leave a reason to vote remain. Seems good politics to me, discuss your manifesto and address an underlying issue of why some may have voted leave.

Iw_6UKUc_reasonably_small.jpg

Jim Pickard

@PickardJE

Di3_GHz_YX0_AAKRD.jpg

Iw_6UKUc_reasonably_small.jpg

Jim Pickard

@PickardJE

So the pigeon loft is still cat-free.

Well not really as in order not be bound be EU procurement rules we have to be fully outside the EU, so hard Brexit or he’s making it up.

You're going to have to explain that a bit more.

He's already said that Labour will respect the Referendum result, but will seek to negotiate a customs union (lower case) and the best access to the Single Market (short of being a Member State) in order to protect jobs.

I don't get why that would demand that we adhere to EU public procurement regulations (which only apply to Member States).

You're going to have to explain that a bit more.

He's already said that Labour will respect the Referendum result, but will seek to negotiate a customs union (lower case) and the best access to the Single Market (short of being a Member State) in order to protect jobs.

I don't get why that would demand that we adhere to EU public procurement regulations (which only apply to Member States).

Because being in, until we leave, and are fully out means we remain subject to EU procurement laws. If you were the EU would you allow us to opt out?

Because being in, until we leave, and are fully out means we remain subject to EU procurement laws. If you were the EU would you allow us to opt out?

I've not heard Corbyn's speech from today. What you're saying is while we're an EU member we have to abide by EU procurement regs, but if we leave we don't. Is Corbyn (or anyone) saying any different?

I've not heard Corbyn's speech from today. What you're saying is while we're an EU member we have to abide by EU procurement regs, but if we leave we don't. Is Corbyn (or anyone) saying any different?

I’ll let you listen to it then. The gist is ‘we’ll give uk contracts to uk companies.’ Which we can’t.

Interested why you blame Corbyn for Brexit but it's 'your lot' that held the vote, led the leave campaign and have fucked it up ever since?

When have I blamed him? He could have done more in the referendum, I’d have voted for him if he’d said he’d keep us in. Blame lies with Cameron but Corbyn seems happy with it.

When have I blamed him? He could have done more in the referendum, I’d have voted for him if he’d said he’d keep us in. Blame lies with Cameron but Corbyn seems happy with it.

Your lot continue to perpetuate it, Johnson, IDS, Fox, Davies. Clueless all, as is Rabb. Doing and saying anything to save face and turning what was an unstable situation into an out and out clusterfuck for one reason and one reaon only- it's a party founded on individualism where only personal ambition counts.