You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

My ma used to sing for a church choir in Crosby. She moved to Litherland to a smaller house and make a bit if cash. Said some of them actually refused to speak to her after she moved out of Crosby because she had dared to leave the utopia that is L23.

A woman in work is a bad stuck up snob who thinks Formby is the centre of the universe, she manages to blag pointless trips to London in order for her friends to think she has a very important job. A lad and his bird in work bought a house in Formby last year and have about £200 a month disposable income between them. She turned up at their house the day after they moved in with a bottle if champagne and a card saying "welcome to Formby" on it.

• Upvote 1

* Debates starting world war 3. Hmmm. Ah, what the fuck *

Vinegar is shite. Just makes your chips soggy and disgusting. So there.

Fucking Hell, I genuinely feel sorry for you

Your tastebuds must be completely ravaged with bad aids 

And yeah, Lizzie, balsamic glaze is lovely

They bang on about how their property has appreciated when all they have done is go to bed every night and the housing market has sorted the rest out. They have lived there 20 years

'Our house has trebled in value' as they nod towards the double glazing or new bathroom in order to make you think you are talking to Kirsty Allsop.

They also talk up their area, Huyton becomes Huyton with Roby, or just Roby.  I swear the boundary for that area is moving at a quicker rate than the land grab of the Israelis.

• Upvote 1

I did some work in Leicestershire's most expensive house today.

The place will have had somewhere in the region of £10m spent on it when it's all completed in a few months time.

I realise this doesn't exactly fit with the middle class tone of this thread but I did mutter something to my workmates a few times today which would be fairly apt in here.

I fucking hate rich twats

As you were

What about the vinegar left over in a jar of pickled onions? Bang some fork holes into the lid and you're good to go. Boss with chips and about as far from middle class as you can get on the all important vinegar scale.

What about the vinegar from a jar of cockles? Ive actually drank it. More than once

Come ed

What about the vinegar from a jar of cockles? Ive actually drank it. More than once

Come ed

I don't mind cockles. Actually bought a jar for the first time in ages after you mentioned them on here the other week. That vinegar on chips though? No. I bet you drink jif lemon straight from the bottle as well you dirty bastard.

• Upvote 1

Guy in work is the worst middle class wannabe I've ever met. He lives in Stuart Road in Waterloo but constantly refers to it as Crosby, even though he has an L22 postcode and not an L23 one.

He pretends he shops in Waitrose which is "just down the road" it isn't because it is in Formby. Also tells people in work that he rings the fishmonger up in Waitrose to select things for him and keep them until he arrives at Waitrose after work. He said once he won't eat fish that hasn't been caught the same day.

He takes his family on holidays to the Dordogne every year but only drives as he won't consider ever going on a budget airline. His two daughters are 15 and 18 yet have never been anywhere on holiday apart from France simply because their Dad likes drinking wine and cheese. They must be bored out of their skulls when all their mates probably go to Spain, Portugal, Turkey etc and actually have fun.

He hated the fact that a woman in work bought a nice house overlooking Crosby Beach because she is a grade lower than him and therefore beneath him. The fact that her husband is a builder enraged him even more because he's be able to improve the property at a fraction of the cost he would and add value to it.

Said he likes going to the Fly in the Loaf because "anyone from any age range, profession or class" can go in and be comfortable. Whenever I've been in I didn't do a market survey of everyone, I just had a few bevies.

I looked at some house in Hall Road, Blundellsands on Rightmove and he was straight over to my desk saying "oh that's just down the road from me". I told him it wasn't as it was nearly 2 miles away from where he lived and he didn't speak to me. I told him I knew exactly where he lived as I used to live in Crosby.

For some reason he still needs to do the "school run" even though he has two teenagers who go to a school 5 minutes away. Tells everyone in work that his daughter is county standard at swimming despite the fact that she's never done any competitions.

this sort of shit makes me glad that I'm working class and enjoy getting shit faced on a Saturday night, having a Sunday afternoon wank followed by salt and pepper chicken wings for my tea.

can't live your life keeping up appearances to people who wouldn't give a fuck if you died.

• Upvote 4

I don't mind cockles. Actually bought a jar for the first time in ages after you mentioned them on here the other week. That vinegar on chips though? No. I bet you drink jif lemon straight from the bottle as well you dirty bastard.

Copying me now

Bean eating radioactive fucker

• Upvote 1

this sort of shit makes me glad that I'm working class and enjoy getting shit faced on a Saturday night, having a Sunday afternoon wank followed by salt and pepper chicken wings for my tea.

can't live your life keeping up appearances to people who wouldn't give a fuck if you died.

And yet thats everything to some people. Spot on there mate.

Wait, am I middle class or not? I'm confused. I thought I was working class, but I have 2 types of vinegar in my cupboard. I do look down my nose at most people though. But that's because they're cunts, not because of any perceived class.

Bollocks. Neg in error when I wanted to rep instead.

* Debates starting world war 3. Hmmm. Ah, what the fuck *

Vinegar is shite. Just makes your chips soggy and disgusting. So there.

I thought we were on the same page when it came to chips after last week's debacle when NV and others outed themselves as raging nonces, but I have to point out that If vinegar makes your chips soggy, your problem is shite chips.

I've got a key to that park. Or more accurately my bird has through work. Put a picture of the cunt up and I'll piss in a bag of crisps and throw them at him.

Or to hurt him even more I could say " it's really gone down hill here since they gave people from Waterloo a key " whilst pointedly looking at him.

Does this park have a 20 foot high electric fence round it or something because if not, I'm not really grasping how this whole 'key' business works in terms of preserving its exclusivity.