You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

I have red sauce with superchip gravy so I suppose it's not that far a stretch.

But, middle class or not, a cheesy chip with mayo is a thing of beauty.

What the fuck is superchip gravy? Jesus Christ. I wish Northern Ireland could have an independence referendum. And I was the only one allowed to vote. And the two options both said you had to leave.

I missed 'superchip gravy'

what the fuck is wrong with people. Cunts like NV and ROTOQ cause famine and Aids.

I can accept people not liking things like Mayo, or tomato sauce. I can even accept the bad sex cases of the GF liking vinegar.

But superchip gravy? No. Just no. It's on par with NV not liking gravy and chips.

What the fuck is superchip gravy? 

I can accept people not liking things like Mayo, or tomato sauce. I can even accept the bad sex cases of the GF liking vinegar.

But superchip gravy? No. Just no. It's on par with NV not liking gravy and chips.

And yet I am the one who ignorant? I'll bet most if not all of you have never witnessed superchip gravy, yet shout it down like the ignorant plebs you are. Go back to your plain old chips with vinegar you fucking peasants.

Superchip gravy sounds like an excuse your mum would make for your nan shitting on your dinner as a kid

"But it fucking stinks mum she was making noises and everything"

"As I said, it's Superchip gravy so it is, catch yourself on, it'll make you strong and give you night vision so it will"

scruffy. fucking. bastards

• Upvote 3

What's "Booths" then?

Is this some wool way of saying Boots or am I missing something?

A supermarket chain with branches in Lancashire and Cumbria with a strong emphasis on locally sourced products. Great fresh fish, meat and deli counters and the best beer and wine selections I've ever seen in supermarkets

Right.

I live in a private road in a big semi in Walton on Thames (having grown up in Walton L4).

We have 2 cars - both Vauxhalls. Our kids go to private school. Neither of us woudl ever dream of voting Tory.

I haven't been skiing since I was at school (Bluecoat) and my missus (from a comp in Rotherham) never has and never will. 

She works in the City, I'm a barrister. We're both quite a bit less posh than most of our colleagues (and probably a bit insecure about it). My best friends are school colleagues, uni mates (grammar and comp educated) and work colleagues who are nortehr or have parents from Liverpool.

The kids get sweets/chocolates/crisps every day. They don't have daft names.

We go on holiday on packages to the canaries (usually in hotels with low proportion of punters wearing ****ball shirts). I  drink shitloads of everything, but usually wine to keep the beergut at bay.

We're messy fuckers and probably have the worst-kempt  garden on the street. I'm guilty about everything - guilty for living in the  south, guilty for sending the kids to private school, guilty at being messy, but too working-class and/or insecure around bohemeian types to be bohemian, guilty that I don't work hard enough, guilty  that I work too much, guilty that I don't earn more, guilty that I earn too much. 

I feel like I don't fit in anywhere in the world outside of my group of school/uni mates, especially when we are 'back' in Liverpool (in bars and pubs that we didn't go to back in the day).

I very much  recognise the  types in Section's OP though. 

Now judge  away. 

• Upvote 5

Class is a weird thing these days. I've got two groups of mates, my 'proper' mates from Uni and lads I hung around with where I live.

The uni lads are all middle class, by middle class I mean their families own homes in nice areas and their parents are pretty well paid and have regular holidays etc, they've never been without, been to a rough school or lived in a rough area. They're all sound lads and have what I'd call regular jobs, office jobs mainly but not professions as such, they're not well paid and don't really care. They're not that into consumer stuff. They don't really get that worked up about politics etc, but if they do they're more left leaning.

The lads where I live come from working class families mainly, as in their dads worked in factories, ran pubs etc, but these lads have mostly all got professional jobs and like to show off their (relative) wealth. They're teachers, surveyors etc (probably largely thanks to New Labour opening up further education) and are much more money oriented, yet have largely right wing views (dumb right wing too, not remotely informed). They're very much in the Barrett estate class.

Interestingly though, despite these lads pretentions of class they have very lilttle of it compared to my proper mates. I've frequently been embarassed by, for example, their deliberate belching and farting in restaurants or refusal to say please and thank you to waiters. They also wouldn't know a current affair if it twatted them around the head.

Right.

I live in a private road in a big semi in Walton on Thames (having grown up in Walton L4).

We have 2 cars - both Vauxhalls. Our kids go to private school. Neither of us woudl ever dream of voting Tory.

I haven't been skiing since I was at school (Bluecoat) and my missus (from a comp in Rotherham) never has and never will. 

She works in the City, I'm a barrister. We're both quite a bit less posh than most of our colleagues (and probably a bit insecure about it). My best friends are school colleagues, uni mates (grammar and comp educated) and work colleagues who are nortehr or have parents from Liverpool.

We go on holiday on packages to the canaries (usually in hotels with low proportion of punters wearing ****ball shirts). I  drink shitloads of everything, but usually wine to keep the beergut at bay.

We're messy fuckers and probably have the worst-kempt  garden on the street. I'm guilty about everything - guilty for living in the  south, guilty for sending the kids to private school, guilty at being messy, but too working-class and/or insecure around bohemeian types to be bohemian, guilty that I don't work hard enough, guilty  that I work too much, guilty that I don't earn more, guilty that I earn too much. 

I feel like I don't fit in anywhere in the world outside of my group of school/uni mates, especially when we are 'back' in Liverpool (in bars and pubs that we didn't go to back in the day).

Now judge  away. 

I went to the Bluecoat and when I was there it was full of middle class pricks. Not proper middle class 'my grandfather voted tory, my father...." but people who wanted to elevate themselves above everyone else by voting tory,

If people have come from a background with cash - good luck to them, i really don't care. What I do care about is when someone buys a coffee machine that cost more than my bike and then think that makes them some sort of go getter. It doesn't. It just makes them a prick with a John Lewis credit card.

Right.

Now judge  away. 

I'm not quite sure what you're guilty and insecure about

You should feel guilty about feeling guilty & insecure

In fact, no, stopping feeling guilty. It's fucking stupid

Have you murdered anybody or bummed small animals?

• Upvote 1