You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Middle Class Generalisation Thread

Section_31

Stringy is correct. The true middle classes are not on housing developments or indeed to be found wasting cash on shite like an M3. That's for lower class scum. They have a mortgage paid off on a nice pad in a village or not in a position of stress with a 5% rise in rates and will be driving a bullet proof 10yo suburb legacy. Spend once and spend well. Prudence is a watchword

You know it.  They certainly wouldn't spend their money on flash cars, cruises, or nice patio furniture.   

A schoolboy error on my part. I have thought about asking him whether he has any pictures of her in that gear, but I am aware that that might sound a bit creepy.

Maybe best going straight to the source or hosting a 'Oktoberfest' type theme night at your gaff and getting them heavily involved in the setting up.

The old school middle class couldn't give a fuck.  They've got their houses. Done and paid for.  They don't need to impress anyone with cars acquired on the never never.  The aspirational middle class, which most of this thread refers to, will all be up in arms and very possibly out on their arse once the mortgage rates go up.  

No need to gloat.

• Upvote 1

Nowt worse than new money. Nouveau riche cunts.

I worked with a bloke who was very middle class, he didn't really need to work, collected wine and had a beautiful Eastern European wife. I was at his offices and a bloke came into the car park in a new Porsche, he looked at it and said "new money" the way he said it made those two words the biggest insult I've ever heard.

I worked with a bloke who was very middle class, he didn't really need to work, collected wine and had a beautiful Eastern European wife. I was at his offices and a bloke came into the car park in a new Porsche, he looked at it and said "new money" the way he said it made those two words the biggest insult I've ever heard.

I always remember reading a thing about Michael Hestletine in which he described the middle class as people who have to buy their own furniture

• Upvote 2

I always remember reading a thing about Michael Hestletine in which he described the middle class as people who have to buy their own furniture

Fish knives are another give away. I watched a TV programme once that revealed when the commoners started getting rich during the industrial revolution they wanted silver cutlery but the aristocrats wouldn't sell theirs. They had to get new ones made and the silver smiths saw an opportunity to rip them off and invented new knives.