You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The New Star Wars Films

Section_31

I've been watching Episodes IV-VI in preparation for the weekend and have a random question.

Why does Vader die after touching the Emporer for a few seconds when Luke was exposed to it for much longer?!

Luke had also injured him by that point as well. Can only imagine it short circuits his suite.

Anyway, the early reviews from the premier is that The Force Awakens is really good and comparable to the original trilogy. I keep trying to tell myself that the early reviews for The Phantom Menace were good as well to keep my feet on the ground, but 9.15am Saturday morning literally can't come fast enough.

Luke had also injured him by that point as well. Can only imagine it short circuits his suite.

Anyway, the early reviews from the premier is that The Force Awakens is really good and comparable to the original trilogy. I keep trying to tell myself that the early reviews for The Phantom Menace were good as well to keep my feet on the ground, but 9.15am Saturday morning literally can't come fast enough.

So it starts off fine, peaks in the middle and has a meh ending?

Is the Cineworld on Edge Lane a really shit cinema?

Just checked and still loads of tickets available for next Thursday morning.

I am not sure if seeing it in a shit cinema is the place I want to see it. Or hopefully it is a decent cinema but not well known.

Thanks for all the advice. 

I have booked my ticket for Cineworld on Thursday morning at 10:10, if the cinema is crap I will blame all of you equally. 

Monday morning. On my own like a proper dweeb.

I'm going by myself as well. I like going to the cinema by myself. Every time it comes up in conversation people always look at me funny but I don't get why - you sit dark room for 2/3 hours, pretty much in silence and if the other person talks to you, you "sssshhhh" them and tell them to shut the fuck up, especially going to see this.

I understand having a chat about the film is the social aspect of going with friends, but it doesn't bother me. I'm happy with my own thoughts on a film.

Also, I don't want to take my wife to see this. I've put some comments in the 'Rate the last film you watched' thread and the level of idiotic questions that she'd try and ask me either during or after the film would drive me bonkers. It'd definitely be twice as expensive and half as much fun.

• Upvote 3

I'm going by myself as well. I like going to the cinema by myself. Every time it comes up in conversation people always look at me funny but I don't get why - you sit dark room for 2/3 hours, pretty much in silence and if the other person talks to you, you "sssshhhh" them and tell them to shut the fuck up, especially going to see this.

I understand having a chat about the film is the social aspect of going with friends, but it doesn't bother me. I'm happy with my own thoughts on a film.

Also, I don't want to take my wife to see this. I've put some comments in the 'Rate the last film you watched' thread and the level of idiotic questions that she'd try and ask me either during or after the film would drive me bonkers. It'd definitely be twice as expensive and half as much fun.

All of this.

Have dialled my expectations right down for this. Rewatched the original yesterday and I don't think it will come close to that sense of wonder and poetic, religious undertone of Kenobi vs Vader. The experienced British actors on the Empire's side portrayed evil in a way no young American dude ever will.

Will enjoy it as I enjoy every other modern movie. Soulless popcorn.