You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Dejan Lovren

WhiskeyJar

Degsy looked ace At Southampton as he had Wanyama and Schniderlin in front of him. Then Rodgers brought him here with nothing in front of him other than a big space for the opposition to attack. That alone has probably been giving him nightmares for years. Hopefully when we get Kieta and with a leader like VVD next to him he’ll start to regain some of his confidence again.

Who is the worst unit in our defence?

It's probably going to sidetrack the conversation somewhat to go down that route.

Be interesting to see how degsy reacts. Will he sulk or could we see a step up in his game. If anyone thinks Jurgen is going to bomb him out I think they will be disappointed it is not his way. Unless he does sulk and act like Sakho then he will be.

Degsy looked ace At Southampton as he had Wanyama and Schniderlin in front of him. Then Rodgers brought him here with nothing in front of him other than a big space for the opposition to attack. That alone has probably been giving him nightmares for years. Hopefully when we get Kieta and with a leader like VVD next to him he’ll start to regain some of his confidence again.

These two posts are what I was trying to communicate. I think that Lovren can be good enough, if he works his socks off at eradicating the errors that creep into  his game.

It's probably going to sidetrack the conversation somewhat to go down that route.

I'm interested in who you see it as, is all.

These two posts are what I was trying to communicate. I think that Lovren can be good enough, if he works his socks off at eradicating the errors that creep into  his game.

Yeah, if he stops being so outstandingly shit, he'll be good. Sorry for the sarcasm, but really... yes, if he stops doing the things he has done all his Liverpool career, leading everybody to want him out, then he'll be good. I just can't see it, though.

I hear on the news today that Lovren has been accused of giving false information in a Croatian Court. That's not the only place that he has been giving false information, he's been doing it at center-back at Liverpool for the last two years.

It will be interesting to see if he gets into serious trouble with that though.

I hear on the news today that Lovren has been accused of giving false information in a Croatian Court. That's not the only place that he has been giving false information, he's been doing it at center-back at Liverpool for the last two years.

It will be interesting to see if he gets into serious trouble with that though.

We should demand a full refund of his wages,

• 1 month later...

What do other people think? I'm not bothered. What's important is what the manager says because he is the man in charge of me. If he's positive about me then that's confirmation for myself that I'm one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

Confirmation? Who the fuck other than himself thinks he's one of the best defenders in the Premier League? Maybe in a Premier Inn he is.

What do other people think? I'm not bothered. What's important is what the manager says because he is the man in charge of me. If he's positive about me then that's confirmation for myself that I'm one of the best defenders in the Premier League.

Confirmation? Who the fuck other than himself thinks he's one of the best defenders in the Premier League? Maybe in a Premier Inn he is.

I'm not even sure he's the best defender in his neighborhood.

Afternoon horror show coming up. That's how it works ain't it?

If Lovren doesn't speak to people for two days after an error, I think he will be very quiet for anything up to a fortnight. Hopefully the other players will make up for it by expecting it and covering for him.

Credit where credit is due. A very good game last night. 

The block in the first half to save what looked like a deffo goal when it was 0-0 and then to be fair to the lad, the covering up of the half hearted challenge by VVD in the second. Was the sort of play wyou want from the other half of your centre halve pairing. 

Perhaps him being on the right hand side of the centre halve pairing is making the difference, which when we had Sakho there, there was a reasonable partnership flourishing