You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Words or Phrases that get on Your T*ts

VladimirIlyich

From the footballing world:

Expectancy - it's expectation to me.

Ascendency - it's on top to me

'Probably hit it too well' - he didn't hit it well enough

'He's capable of that' - because 10 million have just witnessed him do it

'He's got that in his locker' - see above

'You'll not see a better strike than that all season' - this is the 14th time that phrase has been used this season. So I think I probably will..

'Most definitely' - Stick to football lad, and leave interviews to someone who can speak England (sic)

'Yeah, no' - Two words into the interview and you've just re-affirmed the above.

From where?

From the footballing world:

'You'll not see a better strike than that all season' - this is the 14th time that phrase has been used this season. So I think I probably will..

'Most definitely' - Stick to football lad, and leave interviews to someone who can speak England (sic)

'Yeah, no' - Two words into the interview and you've just re-affirmed the above.

You know the rules by now.

British people who use baseball terms like Curve ball, Rain check and Close of play

Isn't "Close of play" cricket?

Agreed, it is annoying though.  "Can you get that to me by close of play Thursday?"

Probably not as I'll be surreptitiously watching the 2nd test on my laptop and not really doing any work.

• Upvote 1

From the f@#$**^*ing world:

Cas-shake-head.gif

Close of play is a shout. Does my head in that does. "Yeah I will do it before close of play"

*throws chair at the cunts head*

"Howzaaaaat!!!!!!????*

The ultimate cunt phrase in work lately is "thats the nature of the beast" normally used to people moaning about additional work-load or no payrise. I found myself saying it once and swore to myself, out loud.

Also wankers who do the inverted comma thing with their fingers when talking. Die on elm street you fucking twats

Guest Slim(fast)Shady

Agree with all the "office" phrases...

But one that gets me is "take on board"...as in "need to take on board some fluids"...

Bollox...why not just say "have a drink of water"...

What are they...a boat or a plane or something?

• Upvote 1

Stressed.

Chicks are always saying it. Being honest, very few of us have such important jobs that it's literally a matter of life or death.

I can understand a doctor or surgeon feeling stressed. But the average person? No, not for me.

I am often stressed. I put a lot of pressure in myself and feel the strain of that pressure from time to time. With that said, I can't think if a time when I've actually told anyone that I'm stressed, so yeah, I'll second this one.