You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez bite v2

Chippo

There's half the England team then. But why punish Sturridge, Sterling etc? It should be their choice if they want to pull out of the England squad in protest.

Because the FA isn't going to pay their wages. Perhaps insist on a year's wage up front for every England international match, then. No one could intelligibly argue that wouldn't be fair under the circumstances.

In a 1994 quarterfinal, Italy defender Mauro Tassotti's elbow to the face of Spain's Luis Enrique escaped the referee's attention. FIFA later banned Tassotti for eight international matches.

I think Suarez should get a similar punishment to this.

Because the FA isn't going to pay their wages. Perhaps insist on a year's wage up front for every England international match, then. No one could intelligibly argue that wouldn't be fair under the circumstances.

If Suarez were to be banned in the PL, then the issue is with FIFA, the FA, Suarez and Liverpool FC. I fail to see how forcing Liverpool players to withdraw from England benefits us, apart from avoiding the odd injury. It wont make Suarez available to play and English players won't want to come to us in the future because we'll stop them from playing for their country.

• Upvote 1

Voice of reason, Joey Barton -

"I love Suarez. I love his passion for the game. I would have him on my team every day of the week. I am also aware you can't defend him here.

"All things considered I'd rather receive a bite than a leg-breaking challenge. Whilst he should be punished, it is not the end of the world."

• Upvote 1

If Suarez were to be banned in the PL, then the issue is with FIFA, the FA, Suarez and Liverpool FC. I fail to see how forcing Liverpool players to withdraw from England benefits us, apart from avoiding the odd injury. It wont make Suarez available to play and English players won't want to come to us in the future because we'll stop them from playing for their country.

Agree with this.

If Fifa can ban him for only internationals, then his ban will be for about two years. If it's club also, then I reckon that we are looking at a ban until anywhere from December - March 2015. Fifa will want to send a message out that what he did was unacceptable. They are corrupt scumbags, but to be honest, they have to give him as hefty ban.

It's hard to keep defending Luis. I love him, partly because he pisses off the British establishment with their self-righteous, judgemental moral compass bullshit and because he is probably the greatest player I've seen in a red shirt (only Kenny and Souness can compare imo). A country where the likes of Terry and Giggsy are lauded is pretty fucked up, especially when it is clear that Luis, despite all his madness, is 100 times a nicer fella and a good family man. Even if he had fucked off to Spain, I still would have loved the lunatic.

However.....if he is banned for most of next season, then I don't feel I can argue too much. We can argue all we like about other players like Keane and Cantona, but he's done this three times and it's animalistic behaviour. At least, we have a justifiable argument that the last time, he wasn't banned from playing for Uruguay.

The good news is that the Spanish clubs won't go near him. Neither need to touch him, when they have their pick of great players from around the world. We are stuck with him and while I think he will have one major controversy a year, I am delighted he won't be leaving us. However, I can't imagine how we will come if he is missing for anything more than 3 months next year.

If Fifa can ban him for only internationals, then his ban will be for about two years. If it's club also, then I reckon that we are looking at a ban until anywhere from December - March 2015. Fifa will want to send a message out that what he did was unacceptable. They are corrupt scumbags, but to be honest, they have to give him as hefty ban.

It's hard to keep defending Luis. I love him, partly because he pisses off the British establishment with their self-righteous, judgemental moral compass bullshit and because he is probably the greatest player I've seen in a red shirt (only Kenny and Souness can compare imo). A country where the likes of Terry and Giggsy are lauded is pretty fucked up, especially when it is clear that Luis, despite all his madness, is 100 times a nicer fella and a good family man. Even if he had fucked off to Spain, I still would have loved the lunatic.

However.....if he is banned for most of next season, then I don't feel I can argue too much. We can argue all we like about other players like Keane and Cantona, but he's done this three times and it's animalistic behaviour. At least, we have a justifiable argument that the last time, he wasn't banned from playing for Uruguay.

The good news is that the Spanish clubs won't go near him. Neither need to touch him, when they have their pick of great players from around the world. We are stuck with him and while I think he will have one major controversy a year, I am delighted he won't be leaving us. However, I can't imagine how we will come if he is missing for anything more than 3 months next year.

Really?

I genuinely can't believe he has bitten someone again. It is so wrong that it actually borders on being very fucking funny.

Fucking lunatic.

And the way he's holding his teeth after it.  I think it's hilarious, like I did when he did it to Ivanovic.  The act itself I mean, not the consequences, which clearly won't be funny if they affect us again.

And the way he's holding his teeth after it.  I think it's hilarious, like I did when he did it to Ivanovic.  The act itself I mean, not the consequences, which clearly won't be funny if they affect us again.

Agree with all that.

The writhing round holding his teeth takes the biscuit. Just quality.

I really hope he isn't banned domestically. And I really hope the people saying he can't be, know their onions.

And the way he's holding his teeth after it.

I agree, it is as though, in some parallel universe his victim has assaulted him, and his teeth hurt, or he is upset that the skin was so tough.

He is a fantastic striker, but biting people, three times, on television, culminating in during a WC Finals tournament is not normal, acceptable, or excusable behaviour.

Perhaps Colgate will sponsor the new main stand?