You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

If the Academy can't produce a better keeper than Brad Jones or a better striker than Lambert for our style of play, then why are we even bothering with one?

Yeah, why the fuck isnt the academy like vauxhall's plant at ellesmere port. They have no problem churning out copies there! If only producing quality footballers was so easy.

Problem is you can only play one keeper at any one time per team and physique is also important. Fulton looks decent but whether he makes the step up to the first team is another question.

We've got some exciting young players coming through the academy, wilson, ojo, rossiter and the like so its not all doom and gloom.

Well thats one way of analysing it.

As a side note, how much of your personal wealth will you be handing to brendan to buy a new keeper in january?

His scouting team have identified some targets you see and you seem to have faith in him getting it right at the third attempt.

Its not difficult to sort out our teams problems, a striker, dm and Gk and we are strong enough for top four.They don't even have to be world class just a decent striker with pace, a dm with energy and a Gk who doesn't panic when the ball is near him would make a big difference.

We only spent 30m net in the summer, hopefully mig and borini are shipped out in January, funds should not be an issue.Rodgers probably earned us more then 30m himself last season with qualifying for the CL and all the tv money we got last season because everyone wanted to see our games.

Rodgers will know better then anyone what our weaknesses are and I would have confidence in him getting it right.

Anyone remember when people on here were having a go at Rafa for 'wasting money' on back up keepers? Those were the days.

What happened to all those young gk's we had a few years back. Surely one of those would have been better than Brad Jones now?

Its not difficult to sort out our teams problems, a striker, dm and Gk and we are strong enough for top four.They don't even have to be world class just a decent striker with pace, a dm with energy and a Gk who doesn't panic when the ball is near him would make a big difference.

We only spent 30m net in the summer, hopefully mig and borini are shipped out in January, funds should not be an issue.Rodgers probably earned us more then 30m himself last season with qualifying for the CL and all the tv money we got last season because everyone wanted to see our games.

Rodgers will know better then anyone what our weaknesses are and I would have confidence in him getting it right.

Hes not addressed any of those issues since hes been here hes made each worse when given money. 200m. I dont think he understands how to address them.

Gk -sold reina for peanuts, couldnt wait to get shut of him.

Bought mignolet for a lot more. Dropped him at the point his form started to recover now seems bent on running him out the club even if we get relegated with brad. Puts his hand out asking for more money. For John Ruddy it seems.

Dm -doesnt seem to acknowledge this position exists except as a tool to retire Gerrard with.

Brought lucas in and watched us tighten up a bit, concluded that it would be better to put gerrard back there for a game away at man u we needed to get something from to prevent the mancs slipping away. Doesnt give us a minute to view can to see if he might be of use there. Puts hand out for more money.

Cf -after two years of preparing for suarez departure signed mario, fabio and lambert none of whom are lfc class. Signed sturridge but has question him to the point people are wondering if hes alienated him too now. He would rather die than pick borini, so would i but the prick signed the prick and should play the prick so we can all see the proud prick picker pick the prick and stick with the prick since he signed these players just to leave them out on wages we pay. Thatll learn them.

Oh and guess what he wants more money sgain to solve this fuck up too.

Reina thought he was better then the club and was on the decline it was right to sell him just the wrong replacement.

Your right the dm is one area he never addressed but after this season and seeing how clear it I we need one I cant see him carrying on ignoring it.

Borini was brought three years ago when we had different goals, lambert is a plan b and third choice, Mario I a gamble who would have got goals in the team that was creating shit loads of chances last season.Im sure if Rodgers is allowed go for another one he would go for someone with pace who runs the channels as its clear our team is crying out for this kind of player.

I don't know what you are talking about when you say he has alienated sturridge, I'll go by what I know which is seeing sturridge hug Rodgers after goals and calling him the best manager he has worked under.

Edit, forgot to quote this is reply to Dennis tooths comments.

Reina thought he was better then the club and was on the decline it was right to sell him just the wrong replacement.

Your right the dm is one area he never addressed but after this season and seeing how clear it I we need one I cant see him carrying on ignoring it.

Borini was brought three years ago when we had different goals, lambert is a plan b and third choice, Mario I a gamble who would have got goals in the team that was creating shit loads of chances last season.Im sure if Rodgers is allowed go for another one he would go for someone with pace who runs the channels as its clear our team is crying out for this kind of player.

I don't know what you are talking about when you say he has alienated sturridge, I'll go by what I know which is seeing sturridge hug Rodgers after goals and calling him the best manager he has worked under.

Edit, forgot to quote this is reply to Dennis tooths comments.

You have more optimism than me for a man who has never won anything and dines out on one 2nd place finish when everyone from chelsea to man u and arsenal spurs collectively had their weakest seasons in years.

Fair play.

According to Brendan Rodgers, quoted by BBC, Mignolet was told: "I said to Simon it's for an indefinite period".

Good he has finally admitted that his choice for the GK position, the player he handed a starting position unchallenged, is not good enough.

Grobbelaar was abdolutely spot on about Mignolet.

Mig is the best of a bad bunch. Jones is a nice lad but he's a League 1 calibre player. It's absolutely crazy that he's first choice at Liverpool now. That stat about him conceding 5 goals vs 8 attempts sums him up and is no surprise. Mig needs to return to goal before we hopefully buy a better 'keeper in January.

Jones and Achterberg should both be at Tranmere reserves not Liverpool number 1 and goalkeeper coach. Absolutely bonkers.

Mignolet should be back at Sunderland and sat on the bench. 

There's no way Jones is in goal for the rest of the season. Mignolet will come back in after the window shuts if we get nobody else. 

• Upvote 1

Can someone go through this thread and find all the people who wanted Jones to replace Mignolet so we can point and laugh at them. No that there was many, even us losers on the Internet knew Jones was far too shit to play for this club.

There were plenty of people getting their dicks out when Balotelli was signed too but whether you wanted Mig or Jones is like choosing between getting shot or hung and could be excused. Don't recall anyone saying Jones was any good.

• Upvote 1

Nah, Balotelli was an exciting gamble and even though people were right to be cautious and some got carried away with the "we can change him" stuff, it was a welcome bit of excitement.

Anyone worth thier salt could see that despite his own numerous faults, Mignolet is by far a better keeper than Jones who has rarely risen above anything but woeful.

Of the 3 on target shots that Brad has saved, they include the one near the end from Cazorla that I could have held & he flapped it out to Sanchez & a late save at Bournemouth was a pearoller that he had to walk towards to make it count as a shot.

The other could have been a worldie I have forgot about, I suppose. 

At first I thought playing Jones was a good bit of management, like when you were young and got stuck with a dimwit cousin for a weekend. You couldn't let anything happen to him or you'd be for it when himself got home. Rodgers must have reckoned everyone would play better and more carefully knowing Jones was back there.

Maybe they did, but our defending is so bad it hardly matters.

I'd be looking to replace Mingolet as soon as possible but there's no way Jones deserves to start ahead of him.

I don't play computer games often but when I have a go of a football game and the keeper ends up three yards past his post and the other team just pass the ball in the net... Jones brings that style of keeping into a reality.

Of the 3 on target shots that Brad has saved, they include the one near the end from Cazorla that I could have held & he flapped it out to Sanchez & a late save at Bournemouth was a pearoller that he had to walk towards to make it count as a shot.

The other could have been a worldie I have forgot about, I suppose. 

Think it was from van Persie, dipping volley from the edge of the box he tipped over, it was a decent save to be fair but one you would still expect even Jones to make, i think.