You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mignolet

Pureblood

So he drops Mignolet, stating publicly that it's indefinite, and yet putting Lovren straight back in the starting 11 is the solution to our defensive problems. I don't have a problem with Mignolet not being in the team, but why not drop him, say, after West Ham or Palace? The decision-making process of the players is frustrating enough, but now I can't even see the manager's rationale either.

• Upvote 1

So he drops Mignolet, stating publicly that it's indefinite, and yet putting Lovren straight back in the starting 11 is the solution to our defensive problems. I don't have a problem with Mignolet not being in the team, but why not drop him, say, after West Ham or Palace? The decision-making process of the players is frustrating enough, but now I can't even see the manager's rationale either.

You don't know what goes on behind closed doors.

• Upvote 2

Didn't united drop degea initially?

That said, once it happens, particularly so publicly and high profile there's rarely any way back

Yes and Man City dropped Joe Hart and Chelsea dropped Peter Cech. If players are not performing they should be taken out of the side. Rodgers made the right call.

At the very least Rodgers needed to sign decent back up keeper in the summer, he obviously didn't want to ditch Mignolet so why no insurance policy?...  Mignolet was ropey as fuck last season and there was every chance of him being ropey as fuck again, presumably they must have thought Brad Jones is good enough, it really does beggar belief how hopelessly stupid these people at our club are.

2/3 million quid would get you a good solid back up keeper, in our case it probably wouldn't but it should.

Its not the dropping but to come out and publicly say its indefinite and for the backup to shit the bed too, its just a farce. We are being turned into a tragicomedy.

Indefinite can mean 1, 2, 3 or more games. He said johnson was out indefinitely due to injury a while ago.

I dont think its an issue to be honest.

• Upvote 2

Mignolet took the fucking fall for the rest of the defence as well as the manager, fuck it the manager should be benched as well, for ineptitude the United defence is as bad as ours, and any no 9 would've got on the score sheet at least once. just sat through the game again Degea is shite as well, fucking raving about man of the match they were all shots hit at him he never had to move too far, put the u21 keeper in against Bournemouth, couldn't be any worse.

He's still massively shit. I have none of this bring mignolet bollocks back. Crack heads can save better than jones and slugs with gout can kick it better than mignolet. If we could just combine them together we would end up with either the perfect alien or that room full of mutants sigourney weaver puts a flame thrower too. I think we would do better with just a giant table football goalie.

Yep, passing the blame as Stringy said. Plus like I said on the MF. Ironic that he brought Lovren back into the fold for the same game. Rodgers needs to stop talking to the press on certain subjects and keep it in house, why the fuck did he deem it necessary to pass this info onto the media?, If he hasn't already lost certain players he soon will. We are a fucking mess atm and the last thing we need is players forming camps within a camp.

The dressing room is probably toxic due to the manager's awful management, leadership and decisions this season along with the results. 

The comparisons to the Hodgson season are scary.

What happens if Jones throws a couple in against Bournemouth or Arsenal? What happens if we get a keeper in January and he goes to shit just like every other keeper under the expert coaching of Achterberg?

Yes and Man City dropped Joe Hart and Chelsea dropped Peter Cech. If players are not performing they should be taken out of the side. Rodgers made the right call.

Did they have the worst number 2 keepers in the league? Makes Rodgers' transfers worse for not going for a keeper in the summer when loads of good ones were going cheap.