You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Special One: The Dark Side of Jose Mourinho

Lario

I see the media still running with the news that Spsnish FA help clubs more and its unfair etc. I also see on my sky planner that Athletico are playing Sunday at 4pm against Valencia

Yeah, but you have magic Super-vision that allows you to see things that hacks can't!

I have always found this 'man' to be exactly what he is; a petulant, spoiled brat. As oleaginous as the canned sardines his father's factory produced and as cowardly as the weedy gangster who employs him, this press pampered, indulged, money hoovering, pompous, bullshit spouting, shit stirring, game corrupting sack of personality disorders is rapidly becoming the hateful abyss of misanthropy and putrefying ordure that was Alex Ferguson. 

I just can't take to the guy.

I can sense a 'but' coming...

There was a further extract I picked up on aswell, not sure it's been shared yet;

Hre arrived at the training ground in his silver Jag,  On his left wrist
he wore his €20,000 deLaCour ‘Mourinho City Ego’ watch, with the
words ‘martin Atkinson will be the referee on 27/04/14 when I return to Chelsea' inscribed
on the casing of sapphire crystal.

There's an interesting article in the mail apparently, by Jamie redknapp where he's trying to justify Mourinho playing a weakened team against us to concentrate on winning the CL.

I only found it interesting because in 2007 another manager prioritised in the same way and was slaughtered by him and others for doing so and undermining the league.

I'd love to say I was surprised by his lack of awareness...

• Upvote 2

This really isn't a story.. Just smoke and mirrors. 

Mourinho shouting loudly he will play a weakened team is utter crap. He will play the best side he can in light of injuries and suspensions. One or two like Hazard might not be risked but all there is to see is a weird cunt being a weird cunt and we already knew he was a cunt.

I hope we bum them so hard he pokes his own fucking eyes out

• Upvote 2

I can see them winning the champions league

If they do it's a poor reflection on the champions league. Look at the Milan side we beat in Istanbul compared to a lot of what's out there now. When it leaves terrestrial TV I doubt many people in England will be arsed going down the pub to watch it unless their club is playing, an over ripe fruit.

If they do it's a poor reflection on the champions league. Look at the Milan side we beat in Istanbul compared to a lot of what's out there now. When it leaves terrestrial TV I doubt many people in England will be arsed going down the pub to watch it unless their club is playing, an over ripe fruit.

To be honest I rarely watch it now while it is on terrestial tv. Different now where in it mind. 

Madrid beating Mourinho in the final would actually be kind of beautiful. Quite confident that would tip him over the edge.

I wonder if anyone has ever been so despised collectively by all of Spain's 3 big clubs. (I don't).

Do they hate him that much in Bilbao as well?

Shitcoat took a bit of a pasting in the Metro this morning.

https://metro.co.uk/2014/04/24/minnows-mentality-proves-jose-mourinho-was-never-right-for-manchester-united-4707811/

As Manchester United began their search for a new manager, they were at least spared any cause to regret the one that got away.

Any post-mortem into the David Moyes debacle must include reference to Jose Mourinho’s rumoured willingness to join United last summer. With Chelsea 90 minutes from another Champions League final and still alive in the title race, some at Old Trafford will wish he had.

But events in Madrid on Tuesday illustrated why Sir Alex Ferguson, if wrong to anoint Moyes, was correct to overlook the Special One.

MORE: Meet Jose’s £98.2million second string

Ferguson, apparently, opted for the supposedly safe bet of Moyes after concluding Mourinho would not be right for United. The Chelsea manager’s influence on and off the field in the Champions League semi-final with Atletico suggested the Scot was not totally mistaken.

You may think a coach who has won 16 major trophies in 12 years would be right for any club but Mourinho’s actions could tip even the most silverware-heavy scales the other way.

The sheen hiding the petulance and cynicism which did for him at Real Madrid has worn away, revealing a manager who does little to charm and much to alienate those outside his own dressing room.

It was there when recently mocked his own strikers in public and returned when he crassly ‘congratulated’ Mike Dean after the Sunderland game – no better than a player sarcastically clapping a referee and just as worthy of punishment.

Then, on Tuesday, came the threat to field a weakened side against leaders Liverpool on Sunday. Mourinho, quite happy to play Saturday-Tuesday this week (three days later for the struggling mathematicians among you) does not want to play Sunday-Wednesday (again, three days) next week even though, with the second leg at home, he and his players can spend the night before the game tucked up in their own beds.

No, Jose would rather protect the integrity of the Premier League by shunting the biggest match of the season forward by two days.

Still think he’s right for any club?

Then let’s set aside the demeaning off-field behaviour and the suggestion than all this is really about giving Chelsea an excuse if they lose – and perhaps devaluing Liverpool’s title win before it’s even happened – and look at what Mourinho produces on the park.

Undoubtedly a great organiser of teams, perhaps his greatest strength is convincing good players they are worse than they are.

His suffocating brand of pragmatism is that of a big manager with a small-club mentality. With ambition stripped from their game some of the best players in the world can more easily nullify equally-talented, but less risk-averse opposition.

It’s why Chelsea approached Tuesday’s game against a counter-attacking Atletico team – assembled at a fraction of the cost of their opponents, in their first European Cup semi-final for 40 years – with all the ambition of San Marino taking on Spain.

Perfect for Chelsea in 2004 and Inter Milan four years later it is this minnows mentality which was behind Mourinho’s relative failure at Real Madrid, the doubts about his suitability for Manchester United and why his second coming at a Chelsea who reached greater heights in his absence may be a brief resurrection.

With the Moyes experiment a dismal failure United will no doubt abandon their desire for a long-term solution in favour of the quick-fix of an Ancelotti or Van Gaal.

What they won’t abandon is the idea that United are a team that plays on the front foot. Losing the odd game is acceptable, giving away the initiative is not. For all the fears about the negative effect Mourinho could have had on their image, it’s the damage he would have done to Manchester United’s on-field identity that meant he was never the right man to succeed Ferguson.

Tuesday may have been the day United accepted they were wrong to choose Moyes, but it was also the day that confirmed they were right to ignore Mourinho.

Shitcoat took a bit of a pasting in the Metro this morning.

https://metro.co.uk/2014/04/24/minnows-mentality-proves-jose-mourinho-was-never-right-for-manchester-united-4707811/

As Manchester United began their search for a new manager, they were at least spared any cause to regret the one that got away.

Any post-mortem into the David Moyes debacle must include reference to Jose Mourinho’s rumoured willingness to join United last summer. With Chelsea 90 minutes from another Champions League final and still alive in the title race, some at Old Trafford will wish he had.

But events in Madrid on Tuesday illustrated why Sir Alex Ferguson, if wrong to anoint Moyes, was correct to overlook the Special One.

MORE: Meet Jose’s £98.2million second string

Ferguson, apparently, opted for the supposedly safe bet of Moyes after concluding Mourinho would not be right for United. The Chelsea manager’s influence on and off the field in the Champions League semi-final with Atletico suggested the Scot was not totally mistaken.

You may think a coach who has won 16 major trophies in 12 years would be right for any club but Mourinho’s actions could tip even the most silverware-heavy scales the other way.

The sheen hiding the petulance and cynicism which did for him at Real Madrid has worn away, revealing a manager who does little to charm and much to alienate those outside his own dressing room.

It was there when recently mocked his own strikers in public and returned when he crassly ‘congratulated’ Mike Dean after the Sunderland game – no better than a player sarcastically clapping a referee and just as worthy of punishment.

Then, on Tuesday, came the threat to field a weakened side against leaders Liverpool on Sunday. Mourinho, quite happy to play Saturday-Tuesday this week (three days later for the struggling mathematicians among you) does not want to play Sunday-Wednesday (again, three days) next week even though, with the second leg at home, he and his players can spend the night before the game tucked up in their own beds.

No, Jose would rather protect the integrity of the Premier League by shunting the biggest match of the season forward by two days.

Still think he’s right for any club?

Then let’s set aside the demeaning off-field behaviour and the suggestion than all this is really about giving Chelsea an excuse if they lose – and perhaps devaluing Liverpool’s title win before it’s even happened – and look at what Mourinho produces on the park.

Undoubtedly a great organiser of teams, perhaps his greatest strength is convincing good players they are worse than they are.

His suffocating brand of pragmatism is that of a big manager with a small-club mentality. With ambition stripped from their game some of the best players in the world can more easily nullify equally-talented, but less risk-averse opposition.

It’s why Chelsea approached Tuesday’s game against a counter-attacking Atletico team – assembled at a fraction of the cost of their opponents, in their first European Cup semi-final for 40 years – with all the ambition of San Marino taking on Spain.

Perfect for Chelsea in 2004 and Inter Milan four years later it is this minnows mentality which was behind Mourinho’s relative failure at Real Madrid, the doubts about his suitability for Manchester United and why his second coming at a Chelsea who reached greater heights in his absence may be a brief resurrection.

With the Moyes experiment a dismal failure United will no doubt abandon their desire for a long-term solution in favour of the quick-fix of an Ancelotti or Van Gaal.

What they won’t abandon is the idea that United are a team that plays on the front foot. Losing the odd game is acceptable, giving away the initiative is not. For all the fears about the negative effect Mourinho could have had on their image, it’s the damage he would have done to Manchester United’s on-field identity that meant he was never the right man to succeed Ferguson.

Tuesday may have been the day United accepted they were wrong to choose Moyes, but it was also the day that confirmed they were right to ignore Mourinho.

Id like to buy that journo a pint

The most disgusting part is not even his extremely negative tactics. It's the way he acts in the English Premier League context. He behaves as if everyone owes him an apology, as if he owns the entire business, the entire "franchise". His body language during his midweek conference was disturbing, accusing referees, the chief referee, the FA, avoiding to say anything about Hillsborough, Gerrard, Villanova, to give any credit to anybody. Just sitting there spouting negative shite in broken English. He has been managing in the Premier League for 4 season yet he goes around calling a failure someone who is 20 seasons in the same league, branding players divers, consistently judging referees, never giving any credit to anyone. 

Granted, the old drunk had similar behaviour but he managed in the Premier League for 27 years and won everything multiple times and his tactics were never as negative. Plus occasionally when beaten he would, at least, officially give some credit to the opposition. The Portuguese rat has taken everything to a new level and thanks to the Oligarchs stolen money and the media support that they can buy, he Turbo charges his shit concept to the World stage.

I honestly think he's worse than Ferguson. Ferguson was repulsive and a bully, but it was at least solely in a sporting context. There's no doubt he was- and still is- a megalomaniac, but there are certain things, such his message to Kenny over Hillsborough or a quote I read from him concerning the NHS (which I'll try to look up) which made me think you can't knock him for it.

Mourinho, I don't think has any redeeming qualities. He's just a surly fucker and some of the shit he's done- gouging someone's eye, lying about an ambulance service's response- is just fucking low.

• Upvote 3

No question he's a bigger cunt than Ferguson. 

I loathed Taggart, but I would fucking run Mourinho over given half the chance.  Felt the same when they beat Arsenal recently and he smugly fucked off without shaking Wenger's hand, ditto the way he ran around The Nou Camp when Inter put them out of the CL that year, so it's nothing to do with them getting the win over us. 

Lot of guff spoken today about him being some sort of 'big game master'. Here's his approach, broken down:

1) Claim your team have had it too hard and the other team has had it easy. This can be anything from lack of CL footy to spending more money. No-one will pull you up on this shit because they're too in thrall to your clever, clever ways.

2) Spend every press conference talking up a point, because of the above.

3) Dress like a hobo who's let himself go.

4) Turn up and put 10 men behind the ball.

5) Wait for a mistake or a set piece goal. Posture if it happens.

6) If 5) doesn't happen, point out repeatedly that you've said all along that you were up against it in this match and that this explains why you played the worst football seen in this country since Wimbledon were at their zenith/nadir. Ze point is a good result, you're happy with it.

7) Should you lose, do something outrageous.

He loads the fucking dice, and it cunts me off. His football stinks but he's allowed to do it because people fall for this shit. All week he talked about how Chelsea - the same Chelsea that have been spending blood money on ill-gotten players for a decade - we're turning up like a third division team. Any other team plays like they did today and they'd be pilloried. Fucking pilloried. But not Jose. No attempt to win the game, just fulfill his bullshit of "lucky to get a point" wait for an error. It's not being a genius. It's spinning bullshit so that any fucking result and any fucking performance is seen as a good one. Cunt.

• Upvote 10

Lot of guff spoken today about him being some sort of 'big game master'. Here's his approach, broken down:

1) Claim your team have had it too hard and the other team has had it easy. This can be anything from lack of CL footy to spending more money. No-one will pull you up on this shit because they're too in thrall to your clever, clever ways.

2) Spend every press conference talking up a point, because of the above.

3) Dress like a hobo who's let himself go.

4) Turn up and put 10 men behind the ball.

5) Wait for a mistake or a set piece goal. Posture if it happens.

6) If 5) doesn't happen, point out repeatedly that you've said all along that you were up against it in this match and that this explains why you played the worst football seen in this country since Wimbledon were at their zenith/nadir. Ze point is a good result, you're happy with it.

7) Should you lose, do something outrageous.

He loads the fucking dice, and it cunts me off. His football stinks but he's allowed to do it because people fall for this shit. All week he talked about how Chelsea - the same Chelsea that have been spending blood money on ill-gotten players for a decade - we're turning up like a third division team. Any other team plays like they did today and they'd be pilloried. Fucking pilloried. But not Jose. No attempt to win the game, just fulfill his bullshit of "lucky to get a point" wait for an error. It's not being a genius. It's spinning bullshit so that any fucking result and any fucking performance is seen as a good one. Cunt.

This might just be the most correct post currently on the internet, if not the entire written world.