You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Gin

Champ

Tried it, tasted ok. Don't think it'd taste like the Gordon's effort which would either be far superior or taste like a tramps arse in comparison.

I depends what elderflower cordial you get I suppose. I swear by Rocks organic.

Gordon's tastes like a tramps arse anyway. It uses the same distillates as Glens Vodka I reckon. Vile shit.

I base many of my relationships with people on their gin drinking habits.

1.) Never use lemon

2.) only use Schweppes tonic (Canada Dry is like bad perfume) - I'm sure you in the UK have better options.

3.) Sapphire Blue is for martinis, not a g & t. 

Good post here - shitload of crushed ice and always lime. TBH if you are mixing it with tonic please do not suggest Sapphire. Tonic can kill roaches.

a gin and fresh orange is delicious, 

Laid back, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.

• Upvote 1

Just looked, seems it's only in Ocado, you posh bastard!  Asda have Belvoir elderflower which seems to get good reviews so I'll give that one a shot.  Pip pip!

Haha! Far from posh! A shop on Bold Street in Liverpool called Mattas sells it. It's like an Aladdin's cave for world food and mystic concoctions.

The first negroni on record was just Campari and Aperol. Both bitter and sweet aperitifs. Then they found gin.

Gin.

The Negroni was born when Count Negroni in Florence asked his barman to strengthen his favourite cocktail, the Americano, which he did by replacing the soda water with gin.

A drink of Campari and Aperol would be odd as they are both bitters. Vermouth is sweet.

The Negroni was born when Count Negroni in Florence asked his barman to strengthen his favourite cocktail, the Americano, which he did by replacing the soda water with gin.

A drink of Campari and Aperol would be odd as they are both bitters. Vermouth is sweet.

Italian vermouth is sweet. French vermouth is grape heavy and really dry. To say all vermouth is sweet is ridiculous.

Taste an Antica Formula as opposed to a Lillet or Noilly Prat and you'll see what I mean.

Campari, also, is known as the bitter aperitif whereas Aperol isn't. Campari is known as the "bitter l'apertivo".

• Upvote 1

Calm down with your "ridiculous" I only meant vermouth is the sweet element of a Negroni not that all Vermouths are sweet.

AFAIK Aperol is one of many bitters, it is a little sweeter than Campari but its still classed as bitters, happy to be corrected if thats not the case.

Italian vermouth is sweet. French vermouth is grape heavy and really dry. To say all vermouth is sweet is ridiculous.

Taste an Antica Formula as opposed to a Lillet or Noilly Prat and you'll see what I mean.

Campari, also, is known as the bitter aperitif whereas Aperol isn't. Campari is known as the "bitter l'apertivo".

Calm down with your "ridiculous" I only meant vermouth is the sweet element of a Negroni not that all Vermouths are sweet.

AFAIK Aperol is one of many bitters, it is a little sweeter than Campari but its still classed as bitters, happy to be corrected if thats not the case.

• Upvote 1

I can't drink vodka anymore because it gives me severe heart pains so I've moved to gin and I love Bombay Sapphire & lemonade or tonic. Had a weird experience the other week, I posted it in the worst you've been bladdered thread and that was because I'd drank too much gin. 5 glasses of it make you go insane.

Out of all the spirirts, Gin and Brandy get me the best drunk. They just put me in a happy drunk mood. 

Whisky makes me piss the bed

Vodka gets me drunk too quick, aggressive and gives me the worst hangovers

Dark Rum/Bourbon gets me drunk and acting fucking stupid. I will likely die from a drunken accident as a result of one or both of these nights

White rum (Rarely drink it) doesn't really do much either way. A boring drunk if you like

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Polished off half a bottle of gin last night. Something about the warm weather and sitting off draws me to it. Zero hangover either. In the back garden now with another one, ice, slice, lime tonic water and minus my masculinity it seems. Lovely stuff.

• Upvote 1