You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs Chelsea (Apr 27 2014)

WhiskeyJar

Ramires ban confirmed.

Hazard definately out too apparantly. Cech, Terry, Ramires, Hazard all out. Lampard and Mikel won't know what hit them when Sterling, Allen and Coutinho are snapping at their ankles, even with Luiz in the midfield that's still an unbelievably slow unit, Matic should play as he's cup tied, whilst running around a lot he's no quicker than the others.

The amusing thing about these conspiracy theories is-

If you took away the goals from the top scorer from each team, we'd still be top.

If you took away penalty decisions from each team, we'd still be top.

Probably best we whisper it tho, as it doesn't suit the agenda.

• Upvote 3

Ramires banned for four matches

24 April 2014 Updated 17:56 GMT

Chelsea midfielder Ramires will miss the rest of the Premier League season after he accepted a charge of violent conduct.

The Brazilian was charged following an off-the-ball incident with Sunderland's Sebastian Larsson, which was not seen by the match officials.

The 27-year-old will serve a four-match suspension.

Manager Jose Mourinho and assistant Rui Faria are also subject to FA charges from the match.

I'm not sure what Mourinho has to gain from this particular 'mind game', it's not like we're likely to level the playing field by playing a weakened side as well. Rodgers would assume that we would face their strongest side, if anything less comes out then it's a bonus surely? The motivation to beat them will still be the same, because it's just a means to the title.

If i was Abramovich, I wouldn't be too happy about this episode at all. Surely one of the responsibilities of the second highest paid football manager in the world, is to make tough decisions like this one.

Its not aimed for us but Abramavich. Mourinho is already seeking excuses to avoid the sack. He has put the ball in their court. If he wins both, but lose to us, it always going happen apparently.

Its not aimed for us but Abramavich. Mourinho is already seeking excuses to avoid the sack. He has put the ball in their court. If he wins both, but lose to us, it always going happen apparently.

Its a recurring theme with Mourinho. Spout any old shite to try and convince the media, the opposition , his players, anyone stupid enough to listen basically, that they are underdogs.

He has done it all season when talking down his chances in the league. I'm sure Abramovich is more than aware of his methods and I doubt any of the histrionics this week are for his consumption or do I believe for one minute he asked for his permission to field a weak side against us. Abramovic is just playing along with the silly cunt

No trying to engineer an exit already by any chance do you think.

Its no secret he wanted the United job, maybe he's trying to upset the apple cart already so he can get the United gig.

He loves to spend big lumps of cash and United will be doing just that to rebuild, you never know.

No trying to engineer an exit already by any chance do you think.

Its no secret he wanted the United job, maybe he's trying to upset the apple cart already so he can get the United gig.

He loves to spend big lumps of cash and United will be doing just that to rebuild, you never know.

Bit machiavellian even for him imo. You could argue stopping us from winning the league and picking up the CL more likely to endear him to the Glazers than deliberately fucking up at Chelsea, 

Been saying on here for a while Mourinho was still a good bet for the mancs. They just fit each other perfectly.

No, apparently Sir Bobby Combover doesn't want a shamelessly hypocritical egomaniac, for whom no child's brain excuse, outburst or spat is too embarassingly infantile, as their manager. 

Wouldn't suit the place, apparently. 

• Upvote 1

Surprise! Mourinho has essentially confirmed that he won't be fielding a weakened team on Sunday.

From the BBC:

When pushed on whether he will play a weakened team against Liverpool, Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho said: "Do you want me to laugh or cry. I can't say the truth because I don't feel free. I can't speak. I play mind games? You wait for Sunday and Sunday you will know our team.

"Every team I speak there is a consequence. I don't feel free at all. If you want a better press conference speak with the FA."

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It's like he's cracking up without any need to. He's going off the rails but nobody wants to play the game. Talking about people respecting Chelsea? Erm, fuck off.

His team will be slightly weakened due to the injury to Cech and the ban of Ramires.  Everyone else he has available will play.   

Mourinho is a lying cunt and most probably touches people inappropriately.  Ignore everything he says unless it's to read his suicide note.  And even than that would just be to laugh at it.

• Upvote 2

"I think Chelsea fans would like for Chelsea to get the respect the football club deserves. Chelsea fans know what Chelsea did for English football in the last 10 years. They are the most important football club in this country in European competitions. Chelsea fans think Chelsea deserve more respect than they are getting.

They do, don't they?

• Upvote 2