You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stoke(A) Match Thread

LFC 6 Times

Anyone see crouch,when he hit post near the end, pull toures jersey downward to keep him from jumping properly and to give himself more leverage. I bet nothing would've been said had they scored.

After watching how Skrtel defends this season, when I see opposition players pulling the shirts of our players in the box I just shrug.

• Upvote 1

Not really arsed about the pen, he went down easy but it was far from 'a dive' nor do I think he was looking for it, you see far worse every single week. Fuck Stoke anyway, the dirty alehouse yard dogs make Wimbledon look like Ajax.

Agree, as has been said earlier Walters went down very easily a couple of seasons ago to win a pen and win the game, I don't remember their screaming skull of a chairman coming out and mouthing off over that.

I am pissed though that that John Walters has now scored a 4th goal against us, now that is embarrassing...

Did anyone pick up on Kenwynne Jones texting Hughes to say he wouldn't play against us ?

No explanation but they fined him £80 k. ( Sorry dont seem to be able to post the article)

Hasn't reported in yet either. Probably still wandering round Stoke pissed up wearing one shoe !

Not really arsed about the pen, he went down easy but it was far from 'a dive' nor do I think he was looking for it, you see far worse every single week. Fuck Stoke anyway, the dirty alehouse yard dogs make Wimbledon look like Ajax.

They always hide behind the cliched image they cultivate of being 'honest English salt of the earth grass roots underdogs' club in a permanent state of being aggrieved or victimised and this has allowed them to get away with murder on the pitch under Pulis and Hughes over the years.

It's blinded refs and the media to the antics of Huth Shawcross Walters etc and they've used it successfully to punch above their weight literally at times.

What I most dislike about them is you would think club that nurtures and enjoys such an image would be the last to complain if you decide to mix it with them but they're the quickest to whine.

• Upvote 1

Did anyone pick up on Kenwynne Jones texting Hughes to say he wouldn't play against us ?

No explanation but they fined him £80 k. ( Sorry dont seem to be able to post the article)

Hasn't reported in yet either. Probably still wandering round Stoke pissed up wearing one shoe !

linked with Everton, hope so as he is woeful

Poor Stoke, you can't break anyone's legs these days without those big-club-favouring-referees blowing up for a foul.

To be fair, every foul they dish out other teams can dish out to them in equal measure. If you want anything from Stoke you have to match their physicality and that is something we've failed to do way too often.