You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rodgers praises Henderson

Guest LFD

For me Henderson's greatest quality is his desire to improve. I bet he goes home every day and obsesses about how he can be a better footballer. I don't think things have been easy for him because despite the fact he has great physical attributes and is pretty good technically, he doesn't seem to have a quick football brain. He's not the kind of player who seems to be naturally in the right place at the right time, so defensively, although he runs around a lot, he's often just behind the play and it's almost as if he's playing shadow football.

I think the comparisons with Lucas are interesting because at some stage Lucas learnt to anticipate and step into the tackle and has become incredibly good at winning the ball. If Henderson could do this, and there have signs of it recently, then he'd be great because of his energy levels.

I also think he's not a naturally confident player (and that's not lazy criticism LFD, it's a criticism). If can improve this too there's no reason why he can't add goals to his game.

• Upvote 1

For me Henderson's greatest quality is his desire to improve. I bet he goes home every day and obsesses about how he can be a better footballer. 

I also think he's not a naturally confident player (and that's not lazy criticism LFD, it's a criticism). If can improve this too there's no reason why he can't add goals to his game.

1) He lives in The Hilton in Liverpool One.

2) All players need confidence or they'll perform better when confident.  Henderson did get a few goals last season and showed good finishing.  I'm sure he will continue to improve that area, as you say he works hard on all aspects on his game by the looks of it. I just don't see that he lacks confidence in his ability and I think he has shown loads of character since being here.

2) All players need confidence or they'll perform better when confident.  Henderson did get a few goals last season and showed good finishing.  I'm sure he will continue to improve that area, as you say he works hard on all aspects on his game by the looks of it. I just don't see that he lacks confidence in his ability and I think he has shown loads of character since being here.

He's definitely shown loads of character in terms of his application and it's to his credit. But character and confidence aren't the same thing.

2) All players need confidence or they'll perform better when confident. Henderson did get a few goals last season and showed good finishing. I'm sure he will continue to improve that area, as you say he works hard on all aspects on his game by the looks of it. I just don't see that he lacks confidence in his ability and I think he has shown loads of character since being here.

This wouldn't be out of place in a One Direction forum.

• Upvote 1

LFD is so far beyond parody

He's also a little paranoid as well. He was told to put me on ignore by Dave. But still reads my posts to see if I am talking about him.

Madness.

Let me know if he replies to this please moof. I have him on ignore and don't see his posts unless they are quoted by others. Then again he might PM me.

He's also a little paranoid as well. He was told to put me on ignore by Dave. But still reads my posts to see if I am talking about him.

Madness.

Let me know if he replies to this please moof. I have him on ignore and don't see his posts unless they are quoted by others. Then again he might PM me.

I don't read all of your posts, I read the ones in topics where I think you might have a snide dig at me - like this one.  It is funny how much you chat about me, when I am meant to be on ignore, so ignore me.

You PM'd me yesterday, not the other way round.  I have got the proof.

• Downvote 1

For me Henderson's greatest quality is his desire to improve. I bet he goes home every day and obsesses about how he can be a better footballer. I don't think things have been easy for him because despite the fact he has great physical attributes and is pretty good technically, he doesn't seem to have a quick football brain. He's not the kind of player who seems to be naturally in the right place at the right time, so defensively, although he runs around a lot, he's often just behind the play and it's almost as if he's playing shadow football.

I think the comparisons with Lucas are interesting because at some stage Lucas learnt to anticipate and step into the tackle and has become incredibly good at winning the ball. If Henderson could do this, and there have signs of it recently, then he'd be great because of his energy levels.

I think this is an excellent post. Henderson's attitude is absolutely spot on. He wants to continually improve and looks at his games to identify areas he needs to work on. I was saying to a mate the other day that if you took Zlatan's ability and matched that with Henderson's attitude you would have one of the best players in the world. Unfortunately for Zlatan his attitude stinks and hes a fucking poofter cunt to boot.

Of course he's banging the maid. Id also say Jordan is a passionate lover who cares about his partner, constantly asking her if she is happy with how he is making love to her and if there is anything he can do to make her enjoy the moment that bit more. Strong 7.9/10.

LFD, is this true?

• Upvote 1