You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Torres in his prime definitely (Had more to his game that Sturridge),

Torres of now no chance.

I've never been convinced that Suarez and Torres would've worked that well together, of course Torres in his prime was better than Sturridge, thats no slight on Sturridge though, prime Torres was the best out and out striker around at the time

think a few people are forgetting how highly rated Kagawa was before he went there and they don't have a clue how to use him, whilst not very consistent under Ferguson he did have spells last year where he was very good

hopefully Moyes messes up with Mata just as much

Hope you're right.

Hope you're right.

I'm not saying he will be a flop by any means but I do think its completely possible that they could misuse him and its by no means a forgone conclusion that they'll improve now

did anyone honestly think Torres to Chelsea would turn out how it has?

I'm not saying he will be a flop by any means but I do think its completely possible that they could misuse him and its by no means a forgone conclusion that they'll improve now

did anyone honestly think Torres to Chelsea would turn out how it has?

Slight difference.

We were playing Torres and he was shite for a good 3 months. The evidence of the decline following injury was prevalent

Mata hasn't been playing but only because Mourinho doesn't fancy him. He's not had any injury and his last run of games saw him up there as the best midfielder in the country.

He's better than any player Chelsea have but Mourinho doesn't think he fits with the fast counter attacks. He's going to be Uniteds best player too, our only hope is that they misuse him but surely after breaking their transfer record for him and being Moyes 2nd big signing they'll build the team round him.

Could see him playing off Rooney and van Persie fucking off in the summer

Slight difference.

We were playing Torres and he was shite for a good 3 months. The evidence of the decline following injury was prevalent

Mata hasn't been playing but only because Mourinho doesn't fancy him. He's not had any injury and his last run of games saw him up there as the best midfielder in the country.

He's better than any player Chelsea have but Mourinho doesn't think he fits with the fast counter attacks. He's going to be Uniteds best player too, our only hope is that they misuse him but surely after breaking their transfer record for him and being Moyes 2nd big signing they'll build the team round him.

Could see him playing off Rooney and van Persie fucking off in the summer

but at the time I think most would've backed Torres to get back to his best having had injury problems and playing under a terrible manager

Whilst I share your sentiments on Mata and if I was in charge of that Chelsea team I'd have had him as the key man (albeit Hazard seems to be stepping it up another level now), Mourinho is no mug and as well as him perhaps not fitting the way he plays its also been suggested he is a bit lazy (not something I've ever noticed but I've never really looked for it either) and perhaps that could correlate to Chelsea not playing anywhere near to their potential the last 2 seasons domestically with him in the team, not saying that was the case but its possible?

I think that Moyes is a very similar manager to Hodgson, I know I wouldn't have trusted Hodgson to get the best out of a player like Mata (or Suarez for that matter) so its not a forgone conclusion he'll be a success

• Upvote 1

Should bbe good to I will sit back and watch us try to get him for £12m only for a team who dont push pennies to come in and meet the £20m valuation on the final day of the transfer window and loan him out to one of our rivals for 4th place.

On the plus note all the signs are that the mata deal is a sweetener for when Rooney joins chelsea in summer.

Shitcoat on ITV has just said Salah is done.

F9 - I hope your right about Mata but I honestly think he and Rooney will interchange between a wider and central position.

if that was the case I could see that going well for Mata but not Rooney

I just don't see a situation where they get the best out of those two and Van Persie without a radical change of formation that goes against everything that Moyes and Man United have always done, I've always admired Mata as a player and would've loved us to get him and wish he hadn't gone there but I'd have been more concerned if they had got Khedira or someone (know he is out long term but he is just what they need) nowhere near as good an individual player as Mata but he is the sort they lack

Plus I've also come to the conclusion that Mata is nowhere near enough of a cunt to be a success there, the only inoffensive player who has been a success there over recent years is Carrick (and De Gea too I guess but he has had dodgy points)

Liverpool transfer news and rumours: Reds linked with Spanish starlet as Victor Moses eyes permanent stay

The Reds are set to launch a bid for Atletico Madrid's on-loan midfielder Saul Niguez, according to Alan Nixon of the Sunday People.

Rodgers is looking to add some strength to his midfield, and the injury to Lucas Leiva has made the area a pressing concern before next Friday's deadline.

The Northern Irishman has identified the Atleti youngster as a potential star, and has dispatched a delegation to watch him in action for Athletic Bilbao, where he is on loan, against Rayo Vallecano on Sunday evening.

It is believed that Rodgers has also held talks with the player's father about a move to Anfield.

Los Rojiblancos are looking for around £20m for the Spain Under-21 international, but it is understood the Reds were prepared to offer around £12m.

Sunday's Liverpool transfer stories from the other newspapers and websites

Meanwhile, Victor Moses has intimated that he is planning to use his performance against Bournemouth in the FA Cup as the catalyst to try and secure a permanent deal at Anfield.

The on-loan Chelsea winger opened the scoring for the Reds as they beat the Championship side in the fourth round on Saturday afternoon.

Moses has struggled during his stay, but said he is looking to use the display against the Cherries to propel him towards a long-term contract.

"[The performance] was really important; I know I haven't been myself for the past few weeks," Moses told the club's official website.

Moyes is far from fucking clueless give it a rest they are having done terrible luck, wait till the season is done because he's probably going to have you's looking like a load of idiots. You don't write the Mancs off ever it comes back to bite you on the arse almost always.

done ffs

wth.gif.pagespeed.ce.ggOAYQi-o-.gif

• Upvote 1

Moyes is far from fucking clueless give it a rest they are having done terrible luck, wait till the season is done because he's probably going to have you's looking like a load of idiots. You don't write the Mancs off ever it comes back to bite you on the arse almost always.

done ffs

I agree. Moyes has managed Everton teams without a pot to piss is that have been better than us for for the last couple of seasons. I do think that the Mancs previous aura of infallibility has gone but they can't be written off. Have enjoyed their fuck ups though.