You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fabio-coentrao-transfer-manchester-united-2989098

Coentrao reportedly available for £12 million.

I think he would be a great addition. He is versatile enough to play in a few positions, and he's very good on the ball too. He reminds me a bit of Fabio Aurelio but a less injury prone version.

Also signing him would piss of the Mancs, and I'd like to see Flanagan given a run at right back when he is back from injury.   

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/fabio-coentrao-transfer-manchester-united-2989098

I think he would be a great addition. He is versatile enough to play in a few positions, and he's very good on the ball too. He reminds me a bit of Fabio Aurelio but a less injury prone version.

Also signing him would piss of the Mancs, and I'd like to see Flanagan given a run at right back when he is back from injury.

He's nothing like Aurelio tbf. Coentrao's main strengths are his pace and dribbling ability. Aurelio was slow, but he had a wonderful left peg. He seldom overlapped, he could deliver it from deep as well as anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry a bit slow here. You mean Dortmund let the guys contract run down? They didn't get a penny for him?

Stupid, stupid, stupid!

They decided they were better off keeping him rather than letting him go for a cut-price to their main rival. Now he goes on a free but they got an extra season out of it.

Frankly I'm a bit disgusted by players joining rivals like this. I know there is no romance in football anymore, but still you have to be a selfish cunt to do something like that and it's not like he couldn't have joined a club outside Germany instead.

• Upvote 1

Doesn't he have discipline problems. Wasn't he the player who turned up drunk to training?

He must be on quite high wages to be available at that price.

Good left backs are really hard to find, just look around some of the top teams and once you get beyond the top 5 or 6 they are all pretty much average.  I would think Real Madrid would have no problem rinsing some Middle Eastern owner for 20 million for Coentrao if he were on a reasonable wage.

You mean this Lescott:

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/manchester-citys-joleon-lescott-accuses-supporters-of-abusing-him-20140105-30bg0.html

Manchester City defender Joleon Lescott has accused his club's supporters of subjecting him to unnecessary abuse during Saturday's FA Cup tie at Blackburn.

Lescott was unhappy that a small group of City fans singled him out for criticism in the 1-1 third round draw at Ewood Park.

The England international, who has been linked with a move away from City in the January transfer window, took to Twitter to vent his frustration a few hours after the final whistle.

"Can only apologise for not showing apperception after the game but some comments I heard from a small group of our fans were unnecessary," Lescott tweeted.

Pass....

Craig Roddan has gone to Accrington Stanley on loan. He's one that definitely needs games because being stuck in the U21s was doing him no favours. I don't think he'll make it here anyway because he doesn't offer enough to be a worthwhile inclusion.

Remember Astrit Adjarevic? He was a winger in our ressies about 5 years ago, and he's just gone on loan from Standard Liege to Charlton.

Craig Roddan has gone to Accrington Stanley on loan. He's one that definitely needs games because being stuck in the U21s was doing him no favours. I don't think he'll make it here anyway because he doesn't offer enough to be a worthwhile inclusion.

think he has just come back from Carlisle or somewhere where he didn't get a look in so unlikely we'll ever see him in first team