You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool Vs Celtic - 10/08/13 - Match thread

Code is one of those special people who seems to hate all new players until they "prove" themselves. Support does not come naturally to him.

Yeah, it'll probably take a while for Alberto to be judged acceptable to him even if he does well, but I think there's a decent chance of it happening.

I think we've done well. Aside from the moment that lead to the goal, we've been the better team.

Of course we've been the better team, celtic are fucking rubbish. Its also worth mentioning that we are actually playing celtic reserves. The worry is that we are, not for the first time, struggling to break down a vastly inferior side.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Of course we've been the better team, celtic are fucking rubbish. Its also worth mentioning that we are actually playing celtic reserves. The worry is that we are, not for the first time, struggling to break down a vastly inferior side.

We've broken them down many times. What we've not done is put the ball in the net. Still, it doesn't take people long to come out with stuff like this. A half of football and the dark clouds start to appear over head.

I think it's been a good match so far - certainly more entertaining than most friendlies. Apart from the Celtic goal, we've had a few chances and not put them away. Coutinho has looked great and surprisingly, Downing has actually beat a man more than once. Johnson is presenting a more attacking option than usual. But I'm sure that if we lose this friendly, people will spontaneously combust.

We've broken them down many times. What we've not done is put the ball in the net. Still, it doesn't take people long to come out with stuff like this. A half of football and the dark clouds start to appear over head.

You haven't broken them down until you put the ball in the net. Get a grip man.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You haven't broken them down until you put the ball in the net. Get a grip man.

Nonsense. So in your world we could beat their defence 10 times for each man, take it past the keeper, then hit the post, but we wouldn't have broken them down? Okay.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Anyone eles worried about the DM position? Lucas still looks sluggish we where badly exposed at time last season.

Yep. That said, I've been worried about it for years. Nobody seems to give a fuck.

Because we've seen it before, repeatedly.

We have a midget side, and are quite thin at the back. If our attack has an off day, I'm not at all confident of us holding the other team out and sneaking a scrappy goal off a set piece, something all decent sides need to do occasionally. All our eggs are in one very fragile basket, and when Joe Allen and Stewart Downing are two of those people carrying that basket, we have the right to worry.

Code is just angry that Alberto stole the goal from his golden boy Downing midweek.

Goldenboy Downing, he is fuckin shite as well.

Why do people go out of their way to big up shite players?

Is it not better to like the good ones like me?