You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watches

Elmyn Noos

That looks pretty cool, FP

Nice

Cheers mate. I nearly always change the strap purely to be a bit different. Loads of superb waterproof straps on ebay (decent ones about £20 etc). Leather straps are more comfy that metal IMO. I also used Timpsons to put the strap for me, only costs £5.00.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I wear my Pebble. Only watch I've ever worn for longer than a couple of days. They just annoy me usually. Rattling off the desk when your typing, banging off weights in the gym, catching on sleeves in jackets and shirts.

The can look very nice, mind. Just can't justify the price for a nice looking one I'll maybe wear on a night out once in a blue moon.

Did you end up getting one? I got bought a 1966 omega seamaster that I was after for yonks by the other half it's bloody amazing, understated, smart and perfect as I have slim wrists that modern watches mock.

Solidarity rep.

I would have added a raised fist salute, but my weedy wrists don't have the structural integrity for that kind of carry-on.

• Upvote 1

I love stuff like that - when you get ejected from an plane and your first thought is "what time is it?"

It's crazy, it's also good for a few thousand meters under the sea.

Apparently they do a version for fighter pilots who've genuinely ejected from a plane, it has a different coloured bezel. I'd want more than a different coloured bezel to be honest.

I own a fake Patek Philippe, it looks so good, that I wear it even though it does not work any more. It's gorgeous, even though I don't know what time it is.

Now I'm looking to get a fake DeLaCour, a City Ego with a fake Mourinho signature on the back, if possible.

That first paragraph is just pure unmitigated genius.

Personally I'm not keen on fakes at all even if it's a good one. id feel embarrassed if anyone commented on it, even positively as you would either have to lie or admit your trying to fool someone about your lifestyle.

Proper fakes cost a fair few quid too which I don't understand. Why spend that kind of money when you can get a vintage or second hand watch. I love simple designs so my watches often go unnoticed.

• Upvote 2