You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watches

Elmyn Noos

I need a new watch as I've managed to fuck up my old one. I have a budget of up to around £300, and it needs to be the sort of watch I can leave on whilst swimming and arsing about with the kids. My old one was a G-Shock but I fancy a change.

I'm looking at Citizen, but I'm open to ideas. I'm not interested in designer clothes types that put their names to watches so can rule out Hugo Boss watches and the like.

Recommend a brother a timepiece mother-fuckers.

Not usually arsed paying over the odds for stuff but got this last year, it's £245 and a stunning watch, tough and a great weight.

8854688?$detail$

Tissot men's bracelet watch*- Ernest Jones

I'm after something new myself actually, something a bit tougher with a rubber or thick leather strap that looks quite solid or outdoors.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Tissot is a good shout, Sec., but I'd sooner go for the PRC200 chrono. You can get it in black, white, and blue, with different straps/bracelets. It might be a bit big for some people's tastes, but I like them. Very good price on Amazon of £205.

PRC2001.jpg

productimg1264036310874.jpg

1258371089.jpg

2899396855_38906e49b0.jpg

Hmm..I'm looking for something sturdy with a bit of weight, and I'm now thinking I like the look of those Tissot watches. Tags, aside from being exceptionally pricey, are a bit BMW for my liking, and those old school Casios are only really cool if you don't remember them first time round. I also can't see myself buying online as I'll need to see and feel it before I shell out, so it's looking like a trip to the jewellers for me to try on some Tissots.

Cheers ladies. I'll let you know how I get on.

Problem with the pricey watches is that you may as well buy a fake...unless you want to tell everyone it cost you £300.

A retro calculator watch will always be a talking point. Plus you can use it to calculate how much you've saved!

Problem with the pricey watches is that you may as well buy a fake...unless you want to tell everyone it cost you £300.

Surely the whole point of buying a pricy watch is because it's going to be a well made, long lasting, stylish piece of Swiss timekeeping which looks ace on the wrist, and the chicks dig it...

Well the way that what id consider bulky and old school Scousers love i dont consider any of them watches smart infact i see them as bulky and effortless in terms of design and how it looks its all boring.

Si, that TAG is joyous, not at all bulky and very smart indeed. As are most of the others on here.

Can you give us an example of what you prefer?