You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Watches

Elmyn Noos

The only decent watch I have is an Armani one I got for my 50th. I've worn it about 2 or 3 times in the 7 years since. I wear cheap digital watches on an everyday basis and as soon as I get a new one I somehow manage to scrape the glass watch face. An expensive one would be fucked in days on me. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 30/01/2024 at 12:43, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Thoughts on this? I quite like the British racing green, but I'm not sure if a black face / bezel is the safer option.

product55172-4166_cropped.jpg.thumb_FFFC

Ended up getting it in the "Pepsi" style. Always liked the colour scheme, and I've got more blue shirts it'll go with.

20240216_122945.jpg

Might change the strap though to a jubilee. My house watch has one and I think the smaller links are more comfortable.

• Upvote 4

20 minutes ago, Remmie said:

Not a fan of these chunky hands that seem so popular on watches. I like a nice minimalist face and with hands. Why do they need arrows as well? 

I'm not a fan of the arrows. I think the chunky hands become necessary when you go over 40mm though. Slim hands on that sized face can look a bit out of proportion.

The same thickness as the hour marker seems the sweet spot.