You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Suarez: Sell or Keep?

WhiskeyJar

Suarez: Keep or Sell?  

308 members have voted

1. 1. Suarez: Keep or Sell?

• Keep him; he is nuts but he is world class and we do not sell world class players.
    • Sell him; he is world class but too much of a nuisance to our club. Time to cash in.
    • Not sure if we should sell him or keep him.

You can't class a team a 'selling club' if a team is selling players that are adamant they want to leave and the valuation of said player is met.

I know what you are saying but like Spurs and Arsenal we sell our best players to other teams for large amounts of money on a regular basis.

City, United and Chelsea don't tend to do that unless they want the player out anyway.

I can see the difference in resources between the two groups. The fact we sell players isn't a major issue for me. Their are loads of good players out there as long as we're still willing to spend upto £20m to go and get them. I can live with that

So he's went from not for sale to only for sale if someone meets their valuation.

Said this early on about how if Luis does end up leaving it will be because of the club selling him. It was pretty obvious from what Luis said about he wont push for a move(or hand a transfer request in) and that as the club know his situation that if a big offer appeared for him he hoped the club would let him leave if he liked the club.

He knows if the club get offered a decent wedge for him they would let him go , the problem now is the only club to put in a offer is Arsenal and Luis wants to leave the country if he leaves us. So that isn't a club he would like to go to if that big offer appeared.

Though if Arsenal or another English team put a big bid in would the club accept it?

My gut feeling is we would accept it but it would have to be around £45 million if it was a English club. If the club wasn't English then with this £40 million clause that hasn't gone away , I think we would take that for him if it wasn't a English club.

That's just my opinion and I could be totally wrong.

Conveniently ignoring the part where Brendan is looking forward to working with him again this season.

Do you work for the british press?

Surely he can talk about working with him this season as he is not for sale - why add the " if something drastic happens "

Why do we keep changing our stance ?

City, United and Chelsea don't tend to do that unless they want the player out anyway.

When was the last time Manchester United sold their best players to Chelsea, City or Arsenal. When was the last time they sold any (not just their best) player to their domestic rivals?

But I guess John Henry and the genious Ian Ayre know better.

The fact we sell players isn't a major issue for me. Their are loads of good players out there as long as we're still willing to spend upto £20m to go and get them. I can live with that

nice.

Can you list a few players that could replace Suarez.

Surely he can talk about working with him this season as he is not for sale - why add the " if something drastic happens "

Why do we keep changing our stance ?

That's all Brendan can say mate, he wants to keep but we know what Suarez is like and if Rodgers says he is staying at all costs and then he leaves Rodgers is going to look bad.

45 million isn't anywhere near enough for him to go to an English club, we should price everyone of those fuckers out of it. Top 4 sides are prepared to pay 45 million for him these are sides we have ambition of joining in the top 4, we keep him its not even debatable. We sell to an English side then FSG have no bollocks,

45 million isn't anywhere near enough for him to go to an English club, we should price everyone of those fuckers out of it. Top 4 sides are prepared to pay 45 million for him these are sides we have ambition of joining in the top 4, we keep him its not even debatable. We sell to an English side then FSG have no bollocks,

What I said is just how the whole Suarez issue appeared to me at that time. Like I said I could be way off the mark and if I was asked now how I felt it would be he isn't going anywhere.

It was just a gut feeling about how after looking into it all that there was more to this than how it looked. I even said on here at the time about it was starting to look like if he left it will be because of the club. Even got shot down by someone for saying it and told it wont be the club as to which part of he isn't for sale don't I get.

It doesnt matter what Suarez is like. I hate keep saying this - If the club dont accept a bid' date=' he cant move anywhere. He has 3 years left. If they really dont want to sell, they wont.[/quote']

If there's a release clause, as his agent thinks, then the club have no choice at all.

It doesnt matter what Suarez is like. I hate keep saying this - If the club dont accept a bid, he cant move anywhere. He has 3 years left. If they really dont want to sell, they wont.

I don't think the club want to keep him at all costs and why would they?

He's leaving one more season max,causes some sort of problem every season and if the club receive a bid which they find acceptable they will sell like any other club would.

Ayre has already said they have plan if Suarez goes, maybe they think we can come out better off this time.Its gone quiet on transfer front, I reckon we are waiting to see if we sell him and then go for a couple of top players with money.

If there's a release clause, as his agent thinks, then the club have no choice at all.

I agree. Although i hope they weren't stupid to give him a release clause.

If there is no release clause and he leaves, it's because the club chose to sell him.

It doesnt matter what Suarez is like. I hate keep saying this - If the club dont accept a bid, he cant move anywhere. He has 3 years left. If they really dont want to sell, they wont.

I really think we have the best opportunity since we fell out of the top four with him staying of putting in a serious attempt of getting back up there. I don't care what people think about Luis, because to me as a Liverpool fan he is just such a genius and his whole way of playing and his childlike passion for playing makes me believe again.

Its knowing as a fan that the way he plays against other teams defenders and ties them in knots with his nutmegs and makes them look stupid. They must dread playing us with him up front.

Said this early on about how if Luis does end up leaving it will be because of the club selling him. It was pretty obvious from what Luis said about he wont push for a move(or hand a transfer request in) and that as the club know his situation that if a big offer appeared for him he hoped the club would let him leave if he liked the club.

That is just so far wide of the mark.

How can you say it's the club's fault if he leaves? Open your eyes man.

If there is no release clause and he leaves' date=' it's because the club chose to sell him.[/quote']

They wouldn't have just frivolously slapped a release clause on him, if there is one then its because he and his agent asked for/demanded it.

What I said is just how the whole Suarez issue appeared to me at that time. Like I said I could be way off the mark and if I was asked now how I felt it would be he isn't going anywhere.

It was just a gut feeling about how after looking into it all that there was more to this than how it looked. I even said on here at the time about it was starting to look like if he left it will be because of the club. Even got shot down by someone for saying it and told it wont be the club as to which part of he isn't for sale don't I get.

This is like the Alonso thing. 'He's desperate to stay', 'he's being forced out of the club'.

It's just nonsense.

get him back, clip him round there ear, tell him to get his training gear on and make him do laps round melwood. Then button it. he is under contract, i'd love to see a club just ignore everything else going on and tell him tough shit he is under contract, we will fine you every time you bring the club into disrepute.

haha more chance of us winning the league with downing as captain.

He will be gone and I have yet to read from anybody who is in favour of selling him regarding an appropriate replacement. I'm still waiting...

If there is no release clause and he leaves, it's because the club chose to sell him.

They may have added the release clause last year, when he signed the mysterious extension(?) so they can have an excuse to sell him and justify it to the fans.

If there's no release clause it will be the club's choice to sell.

You think its that simple? Whatever, I was challenging the idea that Suarez is happy to stay and the club are trying to engineer a move behind the scenes for him.

He will be gone and I have yet to read from anybody who is in favour of selling him regarding an appropriate replacement. I'm still waiting...

They may have added the release clause last year, when he signed the mysterious extension(?) so they can have an excuse to sell him and justify it to the fans.

That's a bit much mate. The club might be open to offers for him but to say about the clause being so they can sell him is so wrong.