You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fucking badger was back digging in the lawn last night. Little cunt. It didn't have teeth the size of lemonade bottles though.

Looks like it's going to have to be badger proof fencing - that's going to cost me a fortune.

Rico's Badger Watch.  For once, not taking part in a pub.  

• Upvote 2

Fucking badger was back digging in the lawn last night. Little cunt. It didn't have teeth the size of lemonade bottles though.

Looks like it's going to have to be badger proof fencing - that's going to cost me a fortune.

I wonder if its a time of the year thing. Several large holes have appeared in my borders, mostly around plant'roots. I long since accepted that I'm just a passing tenant on this little patch.

Men and their lawns, eh, rico

116i4n4.jpg

Tell me about your chilli, Howie.

Are you showing us the colouring or its texture?

I had a couple that had similar texture last summer. I thought they must be diseased.

I'm off to buy my chilli and tomato plants tomorrow. Who'd have thunk this was something to get excited about! Fingers crossed for a similar season to last year

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

People, I have loads of weeds on my lawn. I don't want them anymore.

I know nothing.

Help.

You need something like this. Readily available in supermarkets, Homebase, garden centres

Posted Image

And in a week your grass will look something like this

Posted Image

If you can get a liquid weed and feed, it will lessen the chances of you overfeeding and burning the grass. I had a bare corner of lawn with only weeds on it in April, so i seeded it and have kept it fed and it has gone from soil to grass in four weeks.

8ca4819f09ac18a2b2dbbc187f125394.jpg

The bottom left corner in the photo. I couldnt be arsed moving my suburban rotary dryer for the picture.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mortified.  I'm going out to buy a post-industrial achingly contemporary clothes drier just as soon as the shops open.  Do you like my magnolias?

Sadly not. Its a pregnancy thing that goes back to when I was expecting J. Even now I can barely look at them, or write about them, for that matter, without feeling sick.

I'm sure others will love them; they seem to inspire that in people

• 2 months later...

Oh and the view from the glorified shed is this....5f590010db289309d9a46a479389b624.jpg

Edit: This was before we'd turfed and cleared a fair few shrubs and bushes.

That shed will be getting extended and you'll rarely, if ever, see your husband.

Stupid ants have built a woolly aphid farm on my dwarf orange tree. I thought someone had wrapped half the leaves in cotton wool.

Getting a good crop of lemons this year though

• Upvote 1

That shed will be getting extended and you'll rarely, if ever, see your husband.

Stupid ants have built a woolly aphid farm on my dwarf orange tree. I thought someone had wrapped half the leaves in cotton wool.

Getting a good crop of lemons this year though

Ha, thats mine. He's got his own shed down the bottom garden. I'm putting an electric fence around the perimeter to keep the kids away too! 

Half way through the top garden, plants and decking still to go, along with finishing off the glorified shed.

fe5c692f122160d0db5fa3ebdce897a8.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Have you got a 'before' picture? From what I can remember I couldnt have imagined that you'd have so much open space. The shed's yours, right?

Edit. Just seen your reply about your summerhouse