You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Reinvested in who?

Ronaldo? Messi?

Heh, course not.

No, we'll go for the next tier down, like Iniesta, Aguero, Bale, Van Persie, Falcao.

Oh wait...they 'probably' don't want to play for us because we'll finish 7th or 8th in the division, and no longer have Suarez, and our next best asset is 33 in May.

Under NO circumstances do we sell Suarez. Bite Ivanovic? Who gives a fuck. He could dig up Anne Frank's corpse and bum it and it'd still be madness to sell. He's paid to play football, and he's fucking good at it, and unless WE fuck that up then he'll be here for another 4 years.

Cock. Go to bed, Funnneeeee, you're drunk.

Guest San Don

Well what a fucking game. I see the big talking point is whether we equalised in the 96th, 97th or 99th minute!

Seriously, people are getting out of their pram over Suarez's bite on that gentleman player ivanovics? You kidding me, surely? If the FA ban him for more than 2 games if at all, then they are just targetting the lad. Anyone want to tell me his bite is \ was worse than aguero's two footed lunge the other week? WTF did the fa do about that/ Fa, that's what.

Anyway, thought we were not very good today. Too many players having an off day and in all honestly, the difference between one team that was organised and one team that wasnt stood out like a sore thumb.

Once again, just wtf do our defensive coaches do all week, read books cos they certainly arent drilling the players at defensive situations? Oscar looked totally unmarked for the opener.

We looked toothless and Suarez was once again isolated up front on his own. I've had two moaning twats sat behind me for the last 21 years. I've hardly agreed with a single thing they have uttered in that time. But, at half time today, I found myself agreeing with them. WTF!?

Yes, they were discussing how we managed to start the season with one recognised striker, how we whinged about it all the way up to the winter window then, bought in Sturridge pretty sharpish. Played him for 3 or 4 games then quietly dropped him and have been playing with just Suarez up front on his own again.

We looked a different team after Sturridge came on. Within minutes he'd struck the post and testing Cech on more than one ocassion. But, almost as soon as we'd stopped celebrating his goal, we had a pen against us.

Although the incident was right in line with me, I couldnt see why the pen was given. Certainly carragher wasnt happy with something Mikel had done and he argued and pointed the finger even with the ref stood right next to him.

The pen was despatched and we were up against it again. We huffed and puffed but it seemed another defeat was on the cards. With many fans streaming out of Anfield and many already left, one final cross and there was Suarez to nod it in, 2 - 2!

Get in. Then back at the car, the BBC nobs had already decided Suarez was guilty of biting ivanocock. Redknapp and Souness piled in saying 'disgrace' and he should 'never play for the club again.' Thanks for your input boys. One wonders what pat crerrand would have said if this had of been paul scholes and yet another horror tackle.

Seriously, shut the fuck up if you arent going to defend the club and player. Take a leaf out of crerrand's book once in a while wont hurt you know.

Guest San Don
are Sky sports "breaking news" ? or have they just fucked up as usual

No, they are breaking wind. Either that or their breath stinks cos they're talking out their arse. As per.

I thought a number of players were below par today - particularly in the first half. Countinho was peripheral, and Lucas might as well not have been there - he's really struggling with mobility imo, and gave the ball away a couple of times in areas where we could easily have been punished. Gerrard in particular must feel frustrated that he has to babysit Lucas, as it takes away so much of his own game. Enrique some way away from his peak, back to making the wrong decisions when in possession, Downing was a bit hit and miss, literally, and Henderson shouldn't really be asked to play so far up the pitch. We're missing a really good solid midfielder at the moment which would allow Gerrard to play further forward - closer to Suarez and Sturridge.

Sturridge in the mood today - a far cry from recent infuriating and insipid performances which smacked of 'I don't really give a fuck'. At least he has shown that he can snap out of the self-obsessed 'poor me' mentality when it suits him, which is more than can be said for Torres, who continues to be almost wilfully shite.

Shelvey was shit when he came on, and typically fluffed an easy chance. We do need to move him on in the summer. When you look at their midfield compared to ours, it was more than a little embarrassing.

All in all, good tactical switch by Rodgers wrested control of the game and should have brought us victory.

Suarez. Indefensible behaviour. I hope the club deal with it severely. He really must be damaged in some way, nobody can be that fucking thick.

Embarassed to see people, media etc. overreact to this. Yes, it was a stupid thing to do. Was anyone harmed? No. Is this the worst thing anyone can do on the pitch? Far from it. How the fuck can anyone defend it if he gets a lengthy ban while others have escaped far worse offences recently?

If they follow the penalty Defoe got, which was a booking and would have meant he would be sent off, then he should get a one match ban. That's it. If they come up with some outrageous ban the club better stand up and fight for him like they should have done with the Evra incident.

Oh and any red wanting to get rid of him is a fucking cunt.

Embarassed to see people, media etc. overreact to this. Yes, it was a stupid thing to do. Was anyone harmed? No. Is this the worst thing anyone can do on the pitch? Far from it. How the fuck can anyone defend it if he gets a lengthy ban while others have escaped far worse offences recently?

If they follow the penalty Defoe got, which was a booking and would have meant he would be sent off, then he should get a one match ban. That's it. If they come up with some outrageous ban the club better stand up and fight for him like they should have done with the Evra incident.

Oh and any red wanting to get rid of him is a fucking cunt.

There is no reason whatsoever to get rid.

Luis got a seven game ban last time for biting, so I assume this one will be longer.

Ivanovic didn't make a meal of it, which was to his credit, but there is plenty for the disciplinary commission to get their teeth stuck into.

Luis got a seven game ban last time for biting, so I assume this one will be longer.

That was from the Dutch FA. I'd be surprised if he got more than three games. It's not that bad really and if he gets something like what he got when he played for Ajax it will be a disgrace to the FA and the game if you consider what has happened recently with other players.

Very sad but also very true, we are at least 5 top class players behind a top 4 place and that might well be £100+ million we need to spend.

Rogers isn't to blame on his own but i would trust him to spend £100m even if we had it

GET IN LUIS YOU FUCKIN BEUT.

Agree with this view. I'm a huge Rafa supporter, wish he'd never left, and was honestly worried they'd destroy us but in reality they just have 3-5 better players than we do.

I was surprised but genuinely happy with how Rodgers set us out. Personally I would have started Sturridge over Downing, but that's mainly because I think Downing is a shithouse as Sturridge form lately hasn't exactly been great. Likewise I would have brought in Sturridge for either Downing or Henderson rather than Coutinho who I thought was our only threatening player first half.

Still though you can't argue with results and had Luis not handled the ball we'd have won the game if everything else remained the same. Overall reaction is genuinely pleased although maybe that's just because of the result because I was unimpressed with the first half barring the 15 minutes to start.

If the FA do charge him, he'll have time to respond to the charge, right? Hopefully, he'll still be able to play against Barcodes and in the derby, depending on how long it takes the FA to figure this one out.

Surely it would be best to just get as much of the ban out of the way this season as possible. There's not really a lot resting on the end of this season now. I don't think we're going to climb any higher or fall any lower. Unless a ridiculously long ban is given then we should just accept it and move on.

Still not sure what Suarez was thinking today. Like other people on here have said it's kind of hard not just to laugh at the incident when you see replays of it. It's just such a bizarre thing for a player to do. If it was a player with any other club it would be hilarious to be honest but it's Suarez who gets loads of abuse even when he doesn't do anything so you just know the media shitstorm on this will go on and on.

Regarding the game - we seemed to start quite well and I just don't know what happened with Johnson when he was put through on goal. As soon as i saw it was him I just thought back to his winner at Stamford Bridge the other season and expected him to calmly slot it away again but it looked as though he was anticipating getting clattered by Cech and didn't really fancy it and just had a half assed prod at it as quickly as he could. Sadly it seemed in keeping with his play at both ends of the field in the last few months. Thought he was our second best player after Suarez in the first half of the season but he's been shit for some time now.

Chelsea started pretty poorly and hadn't really threatened but as usual with us they didn't really have to do anything much to score. Another poorly defended corner and I feared they would score every time they got a corner today as we just looked all over the place trying to defend them. The 20 minutes after the goal were just depressing to watch. Just misplaced pass after misplaced pass and Henderson in particular didn't seem to be able to do anything right.

Great start to the second half with Sturridge making an instant impact. He's been crap recently but I wanted him to start this one as I thought he'd want to have a big game against his former club. If he'd started I would have had a bet on him scoring. Looked like the player we had in the Arsenal and City games. Not sure what's happened since. Is he someone who just thinks he needs to perform in the big games or maybe doesn't have to bother so much after a couple of good displays occasionally or has he just been struggling to get back to form after injury? Hopefully the latter but he showed what he could do today which makes his recent performances all the more frustrating.

Fancied us to win it after that but almost straight away they got the penalty. Maybe Suarez was fouled a bit and that led to the handball. He clearly wasn't happy about something but maybe he was just angry with himself. Hazard scored and celebrated like a twat. Players never seem to mess up penalties against us. Reina's poor record for saving them in recent years gets mentioned a lot but I can't remember many he's stood much chance with.

We played alright after that but I never really expected us to score. It seemed to be like most games at Anfield where we've needed a goal towards the end of the match and there are a few token attempts on goal but there doesn't seem to any real belief we'll actually score. Shelvey was crap again when he came on. Got booked virtually straight away for another needless challenge and added another to a long list of unbelievable misses from our players in the past 2 seasons. It was a pleasant surprise to get the goal right at the end. We deserved something or at least I don't think Chelsea deserved 3 points as they did fuck all in the match other than score 2 goals we gifted them. Funny reading on a forum before their fans alll whining about how Suarez and Sturridge shouldn't have even been on the pitch and how the ref should have blown the whistle by then and how it might cost them champions league football. With them all moralising about Suarez and calling him a disgarce to football after some of the players they've had in recent years I hope it does. Would be hilarious if they missed out by those couple of points.

I didn't expect us to score in injury time because I can't remember the last time we did during this season. Maybe someone has the stats. I'm disappointed we only got a point out of this because we started so well for the first 15-20 mins of the first half and then we just seemed to stop playing. But I'll take the fight in the second half and the utter determination not to give it up. We showed that at Reading and got a point out of it and no goals.

I said that if we got Suarez scoring again, we'd have better luck in front of goal. So he sets up one, gets the equaliser in the final minute of injury time and rescued a point. I'd love to know why Sturridge didn't start. Anyway, all other things aside, I took positives from the fact that we didn't give up.

We defo deserved at least a draw; Gerrard was immense today, and why oh why did Sturridge not start??

Still no word from Boston, but FSG will surely want to cash their chips in now on Luis - that gives Brendan his funds for more mediocrity.

Still no word from Boston' date=' but FSG will surely want to cash their chips in now on Luis - that gives Brendan his funds for more mediocrity.[/quote']

So who would you have in our managers place? Who would you trust with the funds?

That was from the Dutch FA. I'd be surprised if he got more than three games. It's not that bad really and if he gets something like what he got when he played for Ajax it will be a disgrace to the FA and the game if you consider what has happened recently with other players.

Second guessing the FA is no easy task.

I suspect that biting will also involve a charge of bringing the game into disrepute.

Although the first incident was in Holland, it will be hard for the FA to ban him for a second offence for less than their Dutch counterparts did for a first offence.

I can think of no other instances, ever, of a second biting offence by any player.

So who would you have in our managers place? Who would you trust with the funds?

BR has a four year deal, so I would expect him to continue. January transfer window aside though, we haven't really improved with another 50 million spent, and I would imagine FSG will want sales for more purchases.

I'd say, on balance, the transfer results for the season, including loans, have been poor.