You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tottenham (H) - Sunday 10/03/13, 4PM

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It didnt do any such thing. They bossed the midfield from start to finish, and the possession (55%Spurs) says it all. One bad Spurs error and a penalty (genuine) got us home.

Obviously I'm wrapped with result, but jeeeez we got out of jail. Our defence was woeful at times with its ineffective clearing/passing and there was a disconnect between the back four and our defensive midfield. Carragher and Johnson guilty of hoofing long , and Lucas gave the ball away too much, by his standards. I'd have replaced Lucas with Allen, not Courtinho, Sturridge didnt get into the match until the second half and I dont think he and Luis had a particularly good synergy today.

Anyway, we guts it out and got the points against the better side. Well done lads.

I hate Gareth Bale - sure, he's a dynamic player, but he really was play acting to get Gerrard sent off. Its the kind of stunt Drogba would pull, in fact it was a fine acting ensemble by him and trainers - oh what a surprise when he immediately returns with a pinpoint cross for a goal. 2nd goal was the same-Bale puts hands to head after a LIGHT challenge, wins a free kick and its 2-1. He's a shit head. Good player though.

Thought Jones acquitted himself well.

That about sums it up for me. When we equalised I never left my seat as I was fucking shell shocked at how we had lost all discipline and formation. We were all over the place and I fully expected spurs to score again.

We've been due a bit of luck and got it when we equalised.Spurs have been the most impressive team I've seen at Anfield this season so it was great to see us tough it out and win.

A word for Downing today. He worked really hard today. He had to as Johnson had an off day. He's certainly stepped up.

A massive win for us and with that level of commitment and some luck I see no reason why we cannot go on a winning streak to the end of the season.

Not a great performance by any means but a very good result. We played better against them at their place and got fuck all so I'm more than happy with this. Don't think the team selection was great to be honest but fuck it, I'm just happy to see that horrible twat Bale on the losing side.

Guest San Don

Well what a game that was, swung one way, then the other and back again!

Have to say we looked fucked during that game and you wouldnt have said spurs had had a game on thursday while we didnt. They looked fitter and sharper than us for most of that game.

Suarez's goal was an excellent move with great play between Coutinho, Enrique to be finished excellently by Suarez. But despite Skrtel being dropped, the defence is still delicate. We almost looked like we'd conceed every time they attacked. Johnson looked like his mind was on some upcoming england fixture rather than this game, I thought he was poor all game.

The defence just does not like the keeper playing the ball short to them. Its like the keeper is giving them a hot fucking potato all the time. 'You have it.' 'No, you have it.' 'Who me? I dont fucking want it!'

We very nearly gave a couple of goals away with this nonsense. Just fucking launch it if you dont want it!

Thought the lino on the Centenary side had been talking to lee mason about offsides. he was giving offs when players were running onto the ball from a position behind the last man, the fucking incompentent!

And that was never a foul for the spurs free kick which lead to their second. Spurs players were flattening Suarez and Countinho for fun and getting away with it all day in comparison. So, I was surprised our 'friend' actually gave that pen for Stevie to score. Mind, Countinho could have had a pen in the first half when he was clearly pulled and then johnson was blatantly brought down after Suarez's pen but the ref and his lino didnt want to give a second in such a close game. Why not? If its a pen, its a pen!

Good to see downing get 2 in 2. Once Lloris fucked it up I thought he was nailed on to score but he seemed to shoot straight at a spurs defender and somehow find the net.

The last 5 mins + 3 mins injury time was a bit fraught. Still, 3 point and a place higher in the table, what more could you want on a freezing day?

Guest San Don
[YOUTUBE]0SY_dKJqRN0[/YOUTUBE]

He punches (/attempts to punch) Suarez at the end there. Downing stops it. I want us to complain because thats out of order.

Shit cunt.

WTF is going on there? looks like the twat shouted something as well seeing as Suarez is walking away then turns suddenly. The ref is right there too so wtf isnt he doing something?

Mind, he hardly got anything right during the game so perhaps no surprise.

Very nice win, for once the players rescued it from the manager's mistakes. As soon as we brought the third midfielder on, we were OK. We kept Bale quiet, Lucas and others deserve credit for that. Gerrard just keeps running this team, Coutinho needs games, but is excellent to see a player like that. I'm happy with this, more wins please...

What complete bullshit

We ran the game for the first 30-35 minutes, they didnt have a sniff, we scored a great goal and could have had a couple more (strurridge 1 v 1 chance, when his touch to go round the keeper was too heavy)

They are the most inform team in the league and have good players, and responded after about 30 minutes, we conceded and went in half time 1-1

What did our manager do that was so wrong? What was he meant to do, make a sub at half time?

We controlled the majority of the half, played some great football and looked threatening. Such an in form team was always going to come back and they did. Was there a need for panic subs at half time? No!

So 2nd half starts, bullshit freekick is given and again we cant deal with a long ball from deep and we concede again. Thats was 8 minutes after the re-start.

So we gave the same players, who dominated the first half, a little longer to see if they could react. They didnt, so we made the change.

There was no mistake from Rodgers today, his sub changed the game and stopped spurs flow. We got a footing in the game and it allowed us to keep the ball abit more.

I dont know what fucking game some of our fans watch.

Il gladly take those 3 points, thought we started the game really bright, but started to lose control after about half an hour.

Tottenham went in front after schoolboy defending at the back for both goals, Johnson especially culpable for the first, and i thought they were well in control until the equaliser which turned the game and gave us fresh impetus.

Suarez and Coutinho were brilliant in their movement and technique.

3 points. Coming from behind to win, and scoring 3 goals against THE form team, who we haven't beaten since 2010. Beating a top 3 team, never mind a top 10. Jones did pretty well. Coutinho was very good.

So we CAN beat the shite, and beat the better teams. Onwards and upwards. I just hope we can carry this run on and fulfill our potential for the remainder of the season. 4th may be a pipe dream, but with Chelsea being forced to play another game, every 3 points we get brings that dream a little bit closer. All we can do is win and see what happens. Not our best performance of the season, but a hugely significant result.

Saturday can't come quick enough.

WTF is going on there? looks like the twat shouted something as well seeing as Suarez is walking away then turns suddenly. The ref is right there too so wtf isnt he doing something?

Mind, he hardly got anything right during the game so perhaps no surprise.

That dembele is one bad loser

What complete bullshit

We ran the game for the first 30-35 minutes, they didnt have a sniff, we scored a great goal and could have had a couple more (strurridge 1 v 1 chance, when his touch to go round the keeper was too heavy)

They are the most inform team in the league and have good players, and responded after about 30 minutes, we conceded and went in half time 1-1

What did our manager do that was so wrong? What was he meant to do, make a sub at half time?

We controlled the majority of the half, played some great football and looked threatening. Such an in form team was always going to come back and they did. Was there a need for panic subs at half time? No!

So 2nd half starts, bullshit freekick is given and again we cant deal with a long ball from deep and we concede again. Thats was 8 minutes after the re-start.

So we gave the same players, who dominated the first half, a little longer to see if they could react. They didnt, so we made the change.

There was no mistake from Rodgers today, his sub changed the game and stopped spurs flow. We got a footing in the game and it allowed us to keep the ball abit more.

I dont know what fucking game some of our fans watch.

Spot on. I was made up when I saw the team sheet. I was worried that we would go more defensive like we did first half at Man U away. It worked well for first half and he changed it when it wasn't working in the second half. Couldn't ask for more.

Jesus christ on a bike. Anyone get any further than that? I didn't.

How thick is your skin? You have no concept of how unpopular your posts are on this site but you keep coming back for more. What's wrong with you? Go and post on another site. I'm sure there are sites out there on which you'd be less unpopular than this one.

Oh dear. Such a total lack of self awareness.

Finally we have won when we didn't deserve to! Great win, finally showed a bit of character. Don't think we can play with four attackers against top teams though.

Sums it up. It took BR too long to rectify our midfield problems, once Allen came on the match was more balanced. Luck and character was needed. 4th far away but still possible.