You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

interview today says that he wants to stay with liverpool and become a legend like Gerrard and Carragher.

read into that how you want to, but i really would like to embrace him like we all did with torres at start, but its hard when you got burned before.

Suarez: I'm extremely happy - Liverpool FC

Suarez: I'm extremely happy

Luis Suarez has spoken of being 'extremely happy' at Liverpool - and stated his ambition to become an Anfield legend of the stature of players such as Steven Gerrard and Jamie Carragher.

In an interview with Liverpoolfc.com this week, the 26-year-old was asked if he felt like an 'honorary Scouser' after two successful years at the club.

He replied: "First and foremost, I'd love to be.

"From the point of view of being at such a big and successful club for so long like Steven and Carra, they are players who have given so much for the club, I'd love to be able to do the same.

"But when it comes to speaking, the accent and the way the Scousers talk, I think it's going to be very difficult for me!"

No one who saw the Uruguayan's passionate celebration following his 25th goal of the season against Zenit last week will be in any doubt as to how much the club means to Suarez.

He added: "I always say the same thing, every kid or young player growing up dreams of playing here at Liverpool, and today, here I am, highly privileged doing just that.

"I enjoy every minute to the maximum because it's a great opportunity that my life has presented me and for which I am very pleased.

"I'm here at a club where I always wanted to be and where I always wanted to play, and for that I'm extremely happy."

Suarez is the first Liverpool player since Fernando Torres in 2009-10 to score more than 20 goals in a season - a feat he achieved three times in Holland with Ajax.

Given the standard of opposition in the Barclays Premier League, does he consider this season's form the best of his career?

"I don't know if it's my best form but I do know that I continue to feel comfortable and happy in a side where my teammates help me a lot," said Suarez.

"That's an important thing for a player. I also think that when you feel good out there on the pitch it shows that things can go well.

"A player always has something he can improve upon or something new to learn.

"Recently I've been featuring in positions that I'm not so used to playing in, which I'm happy about because I'm learning how to play in another role which is a good thing for me and will also benefit the team."

Suarez has scored 18 goals in the league this season - one fewer than Manchester United forward Robin van Persie and four more than both Michu and Gareth Bale.

"Of course it's a dream for any striker to be the top scorer in the Premier League, but to be honest it's not one of my main aims," he said.

"My focus is getting the team to the highest possible position in the league. For sure, I'd be delighted if I were to win the award and even more grateful to the club and my teammates because it would be thanks to them that I would be receiving any accolade.

"But for now, with quite a few games to go in the season and many other quality goalscorers in the Premier League, it's too early to be thinking about any award."

Meanwhile, Suarez's contentment on Merseyside was reiterated by Brendan Rodgers on Thursday.

The boss enjoyed a productive chat with the player's agent recently.

"I had a great conversation with his agent a couple of weeks ago," Rodgers told reporters from the national press.

"He came in and rolled it out that he was so happy here and keen for the club to progress over the next couple of years.

"I've made him sort of my architect within the group and he and I communicate a lot so I get a feeling. It is not like I don't talk to him. Is he deserving of that Champions League level?

"Of course he is but I would be confident enough he will be here because he is enjoying his football. I was talking about the future and development and he was reciprocal in his conversation that he is loving it here.

"He has really enjoyed the season - the most productive since he has been here. He is enjoying the style and the way of working. His desire is to see Liverpool progress and that is why he signed last summer.

"I don't feel or see anything different that would change my mind."

Besides his talent have you ever seen a player that puts so much effort in? He's at it 100% for the full 90 mins EVERY game without fail. outstanding.

Work effort of Kuyt with the ability of Barnes and Beardsley. Not a bad combo

I was in the pub yesterday and I said to my mates (all non LFC fans), that Suarez should be PFA player of the season. They said, "no because he is a diver and racist!"... unbelievable really, but people genuinely believe that.

Would love this whole situation so much more if I didn't think we were about to lose him. Also kind of funny how many times people said we needed an out and out goalscorer and he's now top scorer in the league. He just needed the time to settle in properly.

I hope he ends up at Barca if he leaves, but they're apparently after Neymar so who knows. Please don't end up at Real or Man City. And we had better get a huge amount of cash for him if it happens, even if he is almost impossible to replace.

He's a brilliant and truly gifted player, but after what happened with Torres I just can't and won't get too attached to him. It's almost like every goal he scores now is tinged with the thought of him leaving edging closer, kind of sucks but that's football for you I suppose.

'runs down blind alleys with his head down' I think your talking about Milan Baros there not Louis Suarez. Louis Suarez is one of the most aware strikers / no.10 I have ever seen, he definitely does not run down blind alleys. Of course he would fit at Barca he is the player Barca thought Alex Sanchez would be.

If Louis had to go to barca I would take Alex Sanchez plus 40m no less.

He'll be here next season, I'm sure the £40m+ bids will come in over the summer and I don't think the owners would have the balls to take the money. If we don't get 4th next season then I reckon he'll be off. Really can't see him playing for another Premiership club, but after Torres, it's never say never.