You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/w_SwoLXQZT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/nnJ4Hnd5S9g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by amli

Like how he undermined his own argument by saying Cantona and Keane were exempt from ethical considerations as they were roundly respected for their talent, then denying that situation could ever be enough for Suarez. So what you mean is you personally just don't like him and can't see beyond that, while trying to pretend it's about something more worthy and defend that arbitrarily.

Shift the goalposts as much as you want you mediocre hacks, Luis will still smash a ball into them after making each of your personal blue-eyed boys look foolish.

And morally defending Planet Head in comparison to anyone short of Josef Fritzel somewhat cashes in your chips as a commentator of any credibility.

Even he knew his arguement was weak as piss, "yeah but cantona had humility" haha what! To then have to say but players respected them for their talent. The man just displayed in one conversation the bias idiocy aimed at Suarez and because he himself made it look ridiculous he had to then bring up the racist issue at the end.

Has it become the bbc's policy to continually smear Luis' name?

Its actually repugnant that an outlet which is required to (and purport to) be unbiased, fair and balanced has been doing their best to smear his reputation.

If it was the Daily Mail I wouldn't care so much but to think that I pay for the privilege of this shit makes me want to put my foot through the TV.

Its actually repugnant that an outlet which is required to (and purport to) be unbiased, fair and balanced has been doing their best to smear his reputation.

If it was the Daily Mail I wouldn't care so much but to think that I pay for the privilege of this shit makes me want to put my foot through the TV.

Stuff like that happens when your club let you be branded a racist.

They'll "move on" we were told. Right.

I disagree with people being unequivocal about Suarez being player of the year. Certainly I think he's the best player in the country and has had a better season than any other player; that said, Robin Van Persie's contribution has been directly responsible for his team winning the league title. As far as contributions go, nothing eclipses that. That's why I don't think it's unreasonable for him to be given the award.

They are the two contenders, though, in my view. Nobody else can credibly claim to belong in the conversation.