You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

It is a link to my post where I collected three of your posts from this very thread. They are as follows:

and

I can sum them up if you don't want the bother of reading them:

I have no idea who Coutinho is. I have looked at some stats. I hope we don't sign him.

In short you were wrong. Oh so very wrong. Wronger than socks with sandles.

How was I wrong, I said I had no real interest in looking into him before we signed him.

I said I had a feeling, not an opionion, my feeling was wrong, my opinion not.

People need to get a life.

How was I wrong, I said I had no real interest in looking into him before we signed him.

Headcase. Pure and utter fucking headcase. Pot Kettle etc.

You were wrong and EVERYONE on this forum except you knows it.

RiS has just proved it and yet you still go on and on. Give it up ya bleeding headbanger.

Back on the subject and ignoring the resident narcissist - I was wrong about Coutinho, I didn't think he could, would hack it centrally and as a No 10. I felt he would need to stay out wide and someone like Erikson would be needed.

Oh how wrong I was! He could be an absolute nuggett and is, in part, one of the reasons we did not miss Luis, unlike last year when we relied upon Adam and Caroll to step up.

I am so looking forward to him, Sturridge, Luis and Tello as our front four next season. Although I do think we need a real physical presence to compensate, Wanyama or Strootman would be nice.

How were you wrong? You said "I hope we don't sign him" based on stats. If in your mad world that isn't wrong then fair enough. Here on earth that counts as wrong.

But carry on, I am off to find a life as spectacularly right as yours.

Re: Kevin Strootman.

Yes please. Similar to the Big Greek lad that plays for Schalke, this boy is a brick. He's inhumanly strong. Not only that, he's mobile too and is in the same mould as the vastly under-rated Moussa Dembele.

As for Phillipe Coutinho, for someone that is slight, he's a little bulldozer. His interception stats are out of this world. I can't believe that Inter let him go so cheaply.

Then again mistakes can be made. Do any of you remember a player Gerard Houllier signed called Alou Diarra from Bayern Munich on a free?

Rafa let him go for £2 million and he ended up being the captain of France. He was one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe. He's past it now. But he's was awesome in his prime.

I looked at it and there was nothing from me on the page you posted and the one before or after.

I know what I said.

I said I had a feeling he would be shite, but I could be very wrong as I have only seen a minutes youtube clip from him from one game and even for someone with my knowledge and understanding thats not really enough to judge a player.

Shouldn't take anymore than 15 minutes.

Then again mistakes can be made. Do any of you remember a player Gerard Houllier signed called Alou Diarra from Bayern Munich on a free?

Rafa let him go for £2 million and he ended up being the captain of France. He was one of the best defensive midfielders in Europe. He's past it now. But he's was awesome in his prime.

he has never been that good, played for some decent teams in France in Lyon and Marseille where he never set the world alight and was let go after a year each and had a decent spell at Bordeaux, he is still only 31 so can't be that past it

A defensive midfielders job is not to set the world alight. Their job is to knit the midfield together and create a balance between defence and attack.

Javier Mascherano never really set the world alight at Liverpool. He as a defensive midfielder had a job, it was to destroy. From what I've seen over the years that's exactly what Alou Diarra did.

Headcase. Pure and utter fucking headcase. Pot Kettle etc.

You were wrong and EVERYONE on this forum except you knows it.

RiS has just proved it and yet you still go on and on. Give it up ya bleeding headbanger.

How can you be wrong without having an opinion?

How were you wrong? You said "I hope we don't sign him" based on stats. If in your mad world that isn't wrong then fair enough. Here on earth that counts as wrong.

But carry on, I am off to find a life as spectacularly right as yours.

I said I hoped we did not sign him because I had a feeling he would turn out shite since we had discussed him for so long without anyone really knowing much about him.

It had nothing to do with his stats, the stats were just information I thought I would share with the forum, why would anyone base their judgement on stats?

My gut feeling was wrong, I think I'll live fine with that as it was based on as much information as if I feel I would win the lottery and end up getting fuck all.

I said I hoped we did not sign him because I had a feeling he would turn out shite since we had discussed him for so long without anyone really knowing much about him.

It had nothing to do with his stats, the stats were just information I thought I would share with the forum, why would anyone base their judgement on stats?

My gut feeling was wrong, I think I'll live fine with that as it was based on as much information as if I feel I would win the lottery and end up getting fuck all.

YXta4TD.gif

JUST. LEAVING. THAT. THERE.

I have certainly never based my judgement on stats ever.

If you have never seen or studied a player you can notice patterns looking at his stats which will give you a good idea about what kind of player this is, but if you never study him closely a couple of games you will not be able to say for certain.

COOP

You're feelings were probably the feelings of the majority. Have we signed another Aquilani? A player that looks good in the slow paced Serie A but in England would be considered to be made of glass?

However our doubts have been eliminated. Philippe Coutinho isn't made of glass, he's not another Aquilani. He may only be 5ft 6, and slight, but he can handle himself.

His prem stats make some reading. I got some of these from the official Liverpool site. The suprising one is his interception stats. His interception stats are 75%.

That's not only unreal for someone so slight, but it's unreal for someone new to the premiership. One thing for certain, is he's stronger than he looks, and will only get stronger. He plans to pump iron during pre-season.

I have certainly never based my judgement on stats ever.

If you have never seen or studied a player you can notice patterns looking at his stats which will give you a good idea about what kind of player this is, but if you never study him closely a couple of games you will not be able to say for certain.

What the flying fuck?