You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Its so obvious Suso needs a season long loan at a PL team, preferably one that likes to play football, Saints or Wigan (if they stay up) would be ideal.

Yea i think you're right, then atleast we will have an answer if he will be a success here or not.

Coutinho has the potential to go on and be one of the best players in the league. A joy to watch.

I think you are selling him short a bit there, given his age, and the fact he has only just come to this league, he could go on to being one of the best in Europe let alone further afield.

Amazing vision as well as his close skills, deffo a midfield controller of the future, SG but shorter.

I think you are selling him short a bit there, given his age, and the fact he has only just come to this league, he could go on to being one of the best in Europe let alone further afield.

Amazing vision as well as his close skills, deffo a midfield controller of the future, SG but shorter.

Shorter, but with a better disposition towards errant DJ's.

I would suggest that Mata is probably nearer to his style, rather than Stevie.

Very young & will be up & down ( he was shocking last week ) but I think he will be a potentially world class asset in years to come.

yeah he is definately a Mata/Silva sort rather than a Stevie, truth be told we won't see another Stevie for a long time but hopefully the likes of Henderson can fufil their potential and can build a good platform to supply the likes of Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge with them hopefully all still being here

Shorter, but with a better disposition towards errant DJ's.

I would suggest that Mata is probably nearer to his style, rather than Stevie.

Very young & will be up & down ( he was shocking last week ) but I think he will be a potentially world class asset in years to come.

yeah he is definately a Mata/Silva sort rather than a Stevie, truth be told we won't see another Stevie for a long time but hopefully the likes of Henderson can fufil their potential and can build a good platform to supply the likes of Coutinho, Suarez and Sturridge with them hopefully all still being here

I agree, but I was thinking within LFC, and couldnt pick anyone who has or does run the centre and dictates apart from SG.

Either way, he is one to watch and keep a hold of.

What impresses me most with Coutinho is his vision. Just look at the 2nd goal against Newcastle. 99 of 100 playres would try to play Henderson through, but he read the movement of the defenders superbly and opened up the defenece with that pass to Sturridge.

Technically gifted and with a vison like that at 20 years of age. This could be one of the worlds top 10 players.

He needs to perform more consitently though.

What impresses me most with Coutinho is his vision. Just look at the 2nd goal against Newcastle. 99 of 100 playres would try to play Henderson through, but he read the movement of the defenders superbly and opened up the defenece with that pass to Sturridge.

Technically gifted and with a vison like that at 20 years of age. This could be one of the worlds top 10 players.

He needs to perform more consitently though.

That was genius

The Beardsley comparison is good. Hadn't thought of that.

I love the way he can dink a pass that doesn't look on. The kid looks to have huge talent.

If we can keep Luis, then along with Sturride we will have a seriously potent frontline.

Its been a while.

I've never seen a player who can spot and play killer through balls with such regularity. And that's only in the handful l of games he has played for us.

never watched me play. I remarked to my mate during the villa game that the weight of the pass to Henderson is exactly how i would have played it. Exactly, it was quite remarkable.

Considering i'm a big (fat) unhealthy centre half, i've a great touch on my passing.

except last night at 5-a-side, where i didnt pick out a teammate all bloody night and had a total shocker. Scored a worldy though, dribbling past 4 players before wrong footing the keeper after giving him 'the eyes'.

Inconsistency, thats my problem. (apart from being fat and unhealthy)

EDIT: (and having a bit of a dodgy knee)

I agree he looks very good, but hes young and not the strongest or quickest. His potential is there to see. Lets not jump all over him after the Everton game if he's quiet due to not having any time or space

He's small enough to duck under Fellaini's flying elbows, but expect him to get his shins raked by Pienaar's studs a couple of times.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I agree he looks very good, but hes young and not the strongest or quickest. His potential is there to see. Lets not jump all over him after the Everton game if he's quiet due to not having any time or space

He's plenty quick. I've seen him put himself about a bit, too. Physicality definitely isn't one of his greatest attributes, but for somebody so slight I've been impressed with how resilient he is on the ball.