You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Philippe Coutinho

Megadrive Man

Guest San Don

I think this lad is something special. Read a post where someone was saying he couldnt last half a game but, conveniently forget he hadnt played for a number of weeks when we signed him plus, the PL is a lot quicker than Serie A.

The lad has such vision. Although slightly built he can pick a sublime pass. Good things ahead I think (and hope!).

He was brilliant today and should get even better with experience and training. One of my favorite things about his game is that despite being small he's not a pussy and will get in there physically against bigger players.

Admittedly I was worried when Debuchy tried to kill him but he seemed just fine after.

He was brilliant today and should get even better with experience and training. One of my favorite things about his game is that despite being small he's not a pussy and will get in there physically against bigger players.Admittedly I was worried when Debuchy tried to kill him but he seemed just fine after.

I agree with that completely. Several times yesterday he went shoulder to shoulder and came out on top. For a scrawny git he holds on to the ball well. His eye for a through ball is sublime, bordering on genius. He was the epicentre of everything good that happened, and he deserved a goal.

I'm looking forward to seeing Borini and Coutinho together. Borini's movement is class, and Coutinho's vision and weight of pass is amazing.

I do think we need another player like coutinho, and the jury is out as to whether Suso or Texeira can do the same. My guess is they cannot, especially seeing as Coutinho is 20 and Suso is 19 and Texeira is 20.

Rodgers did say in Dec/Jan that his big aim was to bring in a proper number 10 in the Summer when we had more money. He then went and bought 20 year old Coutinho in January. Was that the signing he meant, or was Coutinho bought 'on the hoof' and with the future in mind? Either way, if he's not playing then there's nobody else like him.

I'm looking forward to seeing Borini and Coutinho together. Borini's movement is class, and Coutinho's vision and weight of pass is amazing.

I do think we need another player like coutinho, and the jury is out as to whether Suso or Texeira can do the same. My guess is they cannot, especially seeing as Coutinho is 20 and Suso is 19 and Texeira is 20.

Rodgers did say in Dec/Jan that his big aim was to bring in a proper number 10 in the Summer when we had more money. He then went and bought 20 year old Coutinho in January. Was that the signing he meant, or was Coutinho bought 'on the hoof' and with the future in mind? Either way, if he's not playing then there's nobody else like him.

Patience Funnee - a years' worth of development can be huge for young players and they do not all develop at the same rate either. The main thing is that they are working in an environment where it works for the type of player that they are, technical players with an eye for a pass. Who knows for sure where they are at 23-24? All I know is that I would rather be giving them the chance than, say, Carroll.

Signing players like coutinho is why I'm excited about the future of lfc under him,he seems to like going for attacking technical flair players who can do magic.At Swansea he was apparently raving about dos santos who would probably be the best they could attract at that level,it would have been a risk like coutinho but when you take risks on these kind of players and it works you end up with one of top players in Europe.

Also when he signed sturridge the way he was describing him was as if he signed him as a target man, I mean if sturridge a fast technical player is his idea as a target man up front it tells you about the kind of football he is looking to play.

I do think we need another player like coutinho, and the jury is out as to whether Suso or Texeira can do the same. .

Suso doesnt have that turn of pace

But i think your wrong about texiera, he will make it here i think. He looks a brilliant player