You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Boxing 2018

DanDanShaw

16 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

I posted this earlier in this thread, but I'm going to post it again:

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=783150&highlight=Daniel

At the very, very least 17 of them absolutely ducked GGG. As in, if you were an ambitious US Attorney who wanted to run for governor and wanted your record to shine, you would take 17 of these cleanly to trial.

We watched everybody duck this man, and in that time, did you ever think you'd see a man meet him square in the middle of the ring and back him up? GGG is the baddest motherfucker of our generation and Canelo went straight after him in the middle of the ring. 

It was the iconic title fight we always hoped for. 

The boy became a man, and the man became a legend. 

My personal feelings are that the judges ruined an epic fight. In 20 years time we should have been talking about one of the great bouts for the right reasons. But to me, it will be how Golovkin was robbed for the second fight in succession.

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, byrnie said:

My personal feelings are that the judges ruined an epic fight. In 20 years time we should have been talking about one of the great bouts for the right reasons. But to me, it will be how Golovkin was robbed for the second fight in succession.

All this. 

Not taking anything away from Canelo who fought a great fight but i had GGG winning by a round or two. I could have lived with it if it was scored a draw but a win for Canelo? Not for me Clive

Lennox Lewis and Jamie Moore both gave it to GGG by 2 rounds. Both men who's opinion I respect. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, KMD7 said:

All this. 

Not taking anything away from Canelo who fought a great fight but i had GGG winning by a round or two. I could have lived with it if it was scored a draw but a win for Canelo? Not for me Clive

Lennox Lewis and Jamie Moore both gave it to GGG by 2 rounds. Both men who's opinion I respect. 

Well myself, Woolster, Kevin D and Steve Bunce had it 114-114. You respect Lennox fucking Lewis more than us?

Like JP once remarked about Gary Neville. We absolutely know what we’re saying is right because Steve Bunce agrees with us. 

Doesn't take away from the fact that GGG was robbed the first time as well as Canelo being juiced up, of course. Hopefully BJS grows a pair and brings Golovkin over here for a cash out fight at Wembley. 

• Upvote 2

29 minutes ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Well myself, Woolster, Kevin D and Steve Bunce had it 114-114. You respect Lennox fucking Lewis more than us?

Like JP once remarked about Gary Neville. We absolutely know what we’re saying is right because Steve Bunce agrees with us. 

Doesn't take away from the fact that GGG was robbed the first time as well as Canelo being juiced up, of course. Hopefully BJS grows a pair and brings Golovkin over here for a cash out fight at Wembley. 

Ha Ha. Bunce > Lewis

Didn't mean any disrespect obviously, and I did say I could understand a draw being given.  Don't think Canelo deserved to win though

• Upvote 1

The controversial decision is taking the attention away from the fact that Spike spent 3 months talking a Herculean amount of shit about what he would do to Lemieux, then go on to do against Canelo/GGG, before his C level, daft moustache having, punk ass got knocked clean out in the first fucking round.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Captain Turdseye said:

Repped for using one of the great JP quotes in your argument.

1 hour ago, Babb'sBurstNad said:

Repped for using one of the great JP quotes in your argument.

I don't know if you know this about me, Babb, but I'm a huge people person. And as a people person, I'm obliged to quote the line in its full glory:

"No one will convince me I don't have a good knowledge of football, I impressed myself with what I said about the spurs game as I saw Gary Neville say the exact same after I had wrote it."

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kevin D said:

The controversial decision is taking the attention away from the fact that Spike spent 3 months talking a Herculean amount of shit about what he would do to Lemieux, then go on to do against Canelo/GGG, before his C level, daft moustache having, punk ass got knocked clean out in the first fucking round.

He's a complete tit. You'd have thought he have learned after Eubank JR made him quit.

29 minutes ago, Elite said:

He's a complete tit. You'd have thought he have learned after Eubank JR made him quit.

He’s Richard Hammond to Saunders’ Clarkson.  Coming along gobbing off at fighters Saunders has beaten, like being his mate and chief underling carries any weight.

Annoyed I’ve only yet seen the punch which ended it in slow-mo.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Dr Nowt said:

He’s Richard Hammond to Saunders’ Clarkson.  Coming along gobbing off at fighters Saunders has beaten, like being his mate and chief underling carries any weight.

He's on quite a few American shows, then again the yanks have a fondness for annoying twats 

2 hours ago, Dr Nowt said:

He got 400k last night which is 1.5 more than any of the other undercard fighters. He's really managed to con the Americans, and I almost admire it given we know He's a 34-year-old that an Instagram dickhead like Eubank beat.

What a fight though. What a fucking fight. Don't think I've seen a fight with as many punches thrown. I loved De La Hoya as a fighter, he is one of my all time favourites but the sheer fucking blatant owning of the judges is disgusting. It is so fucking obvious. GGG won that, he won both fights but De La Hoya wants a 3 fight saga. GGG gets the result and Canelo has no right for fight 3. Canelo winning raises a 3rd fight. Its a fucking joke of a sport these days. Anyone who had Canelo ahead is a fucking cunt and hasn't had a fight in their lives. 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It isn't just for this trilogy. It's for future business for Canelo.

They are the two best middleweights in the world. GGG is 36, Canelo is 28. Both will go down as greats but Canelo will be the man to beat. And the man to beat him is GGG. Again, for a third time. I hope he knocks his fucking head off and throws it at the judges. He might nick a draw then. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

It isn't just for this trilogy. It's for future business for Canelo.

Watched it again just now and I gave Canelo just rounds 2,7,8 and the final round. Seems a lot more clear cut on second viewing Some rounds were close but I think GGG was a clear winner.  Fuck vegas and golden boy

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kevin D said:

He got 400k last night which is 1.5 more than any of the other undercard fighters. He's really managed to con the Americans, and I almost admire it given we know He's a 34-year-old that an Instagram dickhead like Eubank beat.

Remarkable that payday, wasn’t it. 

Regardless of Lemieux getting embarrassed by Saunders, comparing his pedigree to O’Sullivan’s would be laughable and yet the latter from some reports earned near enough double for the fight. 

10 minutes ago, Jairzinho said:

Someone that knows more about the Middleweight division, how good are the unbeaten fighters - Charlo, Andrade and Derevyanchenko?

I know the latter is fighting Jacobs in October, and Andrade is fighting Saunders.

Any of them any good, like?

Both Charlo brothers are good

I think Saunders is best suited to taking a fight to Canelo though, not sure he has the work rate to beat him though. 

I had the fight really really close

Many similarities to Hagler-Leonard imo. Do you like the pressure and walking him down of Canelo of the jab of Golovkin. On first watch i had it GGG by 3 but also had three rounds drawn and a fair few rounds i could have seen the other way. Very very close. I think the fact it was Canelo is swaying the opinion on the fight, the PED test,Golden Boy etc. Shouldn't be forgot GGG got a questionable win over Jacobs.

• Upvote 1