You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest San Don
Blaming the ref is a losers mentality.

We have more than enough ability to impose our will on games.

You're as big a fucking joke as mason is.

Compared to some of the ref performances we've had, I didn't think it was the worst. The main bone of contention was the fact that he let a lot go early on. Therefore Stoke kept it up - and why wouldn't they? So Mason should have got hold of the game early. By the time he found which pocket his yellow card was in Stoke had had an hour or so of unchecked thuggery.

Compared to some of the ref performances we've had, I didn't think it was the worst. The main bone of contention was the fact that he let a lot go early on. Therefore Stoke kept it up - and why wouldn't they? So Mason should have got hold of the game early. By the time he found which pocket his yellow card was in Stoke had had an hour or so of unchecked thuggery.

Mason was pathetic

Mason was shit, but you always expect refs to be horrible when playing Stoke.

They get away with this almost every week, fucking incredible. They deliberately commit fouls whenever a player goes past one of theirs and they time waste every time the ball goes out of play. How Huth stayed on for 90 minutes is a fucking mystery, foul after foul after foul and he also managed to stomp Suarez in his chest.

Mason was shit, but you always expect refs to be horrible when playing Stoke.

They get away with this almost every week, fucking incredible. They deliberately commit fouls whenever a player goes past one of theirs and they time waste every time the ball goes out of play. How Huth stayed on for 90 minutes is a fucking mystery, foul after foul after foul and he also managed to stomp Suarez in his chest.

How Adam stayed on beyond the first half was just as mystifying after his one-man fouling mission. Nice to see the shit cunt has fitted right into Stoke's kick'n'kick 'philosophy'.

You're as big a fucking joke as mason is.

You are strong on abusing fellow supporters-weak on any analysis.

Normally you are quite strong on events on the pitch, on this you are embarrassingly wide of the mark. Our home record this year is testimony to a side that has has lost the ability to impose itself. Blaming the ref and the opposition provides a ready made excuse which players will happily swallow. Fortunately Rodgers is not taking your losers apologies.

Our players will put this right. Not referees, or the opposition being nicer to us ( how far your estimation of our club has fallen.)

And they will turn this around.

I don't know how anyone can say anything other than that Mason was fucking pathetic today. Suarez was almost assaulted on some occasions . He's going to get seriously hurt soon at this rate.

Pulis is a cunt as well for his comments after the game. Sure Suarez dived but If I had received the shit kicking that he had to deal with all game I probably would have gone down a hell of a lot earlier than Luis did.

I am flabbergasted at what I am reading on this thread. Absolutely stunned. I complain about referees week in, week out and maybe it's a case of crying wolf, but the first half is the worst display of refereeing I have ever seen in my life. Mason is weak, pathetic and absolutely incompetent.

How anyone can comment that he was "ok" or "alright" is making my eyes pop out of my head. That first half was ridiculous from Stoke, they just fucking booted our players up and down. He didn't book one of them early enough and the game totally escalated out of his control.

Huth should have been sent off four times over, he stamped on Suarez which I didn't see until later, but he should have picked up yellow cards on at least six occasions. I didn't and don't have him down as a dirty player but he was a disgrace to the game today. Every time Sterling got the ball, he was having his shirt pulled, being kicked at and being elbowed.

Stoke stuck to their tactics because of the refereeing. Lee Mason embarrassed himself today, I am convinced the assessor paid him a visit at half time because in the second half he was completely different. Something had to change. He was absolutely atrocious. He let Huth off with an awful tackle on half way, which was a regulation yellow card and from then on it was effectively duck hunting season. Stoke kicked lumps out of us, he did nothing, Skrtel gets Crouch in the Tazzmission, nothing, the goalkeeper wastes 25 minutes, nothing. It says it all that both captains spoke to him on seperate occasions to complain and I don't blame them. The worst 45 minutes I've seen bar none.

And referees can be shit without costing us points. Just saying, like.

True.

Pullis came to spoil, and succeeded.The refs do have an obligation to help a game flow and Mason did little to assist that by pulling Stoke up on their destructive approach.

But we have to be able to deal with teams like Stoke, and as Rodgers gains experience, we will.

Sadly Lawrenson's comment seems to the general consensus in the English media and while incompetent displays from referees are being ignored or even praised like Halsey's the other week then the standard is never going to improve. I don't even buy the theory that Mason didn't contribute to the result today. Had he done his job properly then it could have been a completely different game (maybe even an entertaining one where some football actually got played) and therefore a completely different result.

I am flabbergasted at what I am reading on this thread. Absolutely stunned. I complain about referees week in, week out and maybe it's a case of crying wolf, but the first half is the worst display of refereeing I have ever seen in my life. Mason is weak, pathetic and absolutely incompetent.

How anyone can comment that he was "ok" or "alright" is making my eyes pop out of my head. That first half was ridiculous from Stoke, they just fucking booted our players up and down. He didn't book one of them early enough and the game totally escalated out of his control.

Huth should have been sent off four times over, he stamped on Suarez which I didn't see until later, but he should have picked up yellow cards on at least six occasions. I didn't and don't have him down as a dirty player but he was a disgrace to the game today. Every time Sterling got the ball, he was having his shirt pulled, being kicked at and being elbowed.

Stoke stuck to their tactics because of the refereeing. Lee Mason embarrassed himself today, I am convinced the assessor paid him a visit at half time because in the second half he was completely different. Something had to change. He was absolutely atrocious. He let Huth off with an awful tackle on half way, which was a regulation yellow card and from then on it was effectively duck hunting season. Stoke kicked lumps out of us, he did nothing, Skrtel gets Crouch in the Tazzmission, nothing, the goalkeeper wastes 25 minutes, nothing. It says it all that both captains spoke to him on seperate occasions to complain and I don't blame them. The worst 45 minutes I've seen bar none.

Abso-fucking-lutely. How Stoke finished the game with 11 players absolutely boggles my mind!

No other team gets as much leeway for pure brutality than Stoke. I don't know how they get away with it, really.

They absolutely kicked lumps out of our entire team, for the entire game, and only managed to get SIX yellow cards. It should have been closer to fuckign 20.

Agreed. This cunt Mason was trash, just as bad as Halsey really and the argument can be made that he was worse even though he wasn't the reason we didn't win. It really does look like Suarez is going to have to get his leg broken to win any fucking fouls too the way that cunt Huth stamped on him, I don't think I'd have been able to restrain myself from punching him in the fucking throat.

He has been the worst referee in the league for 2, maybe 3 seasons. Only Michael Oliver and Kevin Friend run him close. To make matters worse, he seems to take special delight in fucking us in the arse on a consistent basis. In 09/10 I remember him sending off Degen and Carra at Fulham away, Mascherano at Portsmouth away for far less offences than Huth yesterday. It's no wonder our success in the last decade has come in Europe, where we get treated with a modicum of fairness.