You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

And you thought the only time you would get called Wiggo was when you eventually invest in a syrup.

Go Paulie!

Yeah. I've started calling Cavendish 'cav' as well

What bike did you end up getting Paulie?

Raleigh Strada 2. Mid range hybrid. I couldn't stretch my post baby budget baby higher unfortunately

Are using standard pedals or are you using cleats ? If your struggling with hills, cleats will help.

Just standard pedals. When I'm a bit more confident on the roads I might upgrade. I think my fitness level is the major issue.

Having a day off today and cycling in again tomorrow.

Guest Super Sub

Just got back from cycling from Manchester to London. Good fun apart from the shitty weather yesterday morning.

Isn't there also a bike ride that starts on the East coast by Hull and heads towards Liverpool over the Pennines takes about 12 hours, have you heard of it or done it? Head that the first part is up hill as you head up the Pennines but once you get the top it's down hill.

For any lycra bunnies out there I give you my best new discovery.....

......arm warmers

http://media.nashbar.com/images/nashbar/products/1500/LG-ARW-BK-FORM.jpg

Might invest in them I was freezing this morning on my way in. Or just long sleeves of which I own practically zero as I'm always warm under normal circumstances.

Any tips on kinds of gloves to get? Think I'll need them shortly