You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Siggurdsson himself apparently just tweeted he knows where he'll be playing next season. Highly likely its Spurs i suspect

Are footballers advised by their agents to play the attention seeker? It's obviously Spurs.

Actually forget this, nearly every post relating to some footballer in a transfer window is some nobber's fake account.

That is unfair! It seems pretty obvious that we had agreed a deal with him, and it is him that has renaged. This isn't Barry, or Alves or Simao, this is someone who a month ago wasn't even a target.

Lets hope we repay them for Joe Cole!

I thought we agreed terms with Hoffenheim and still had to negotiate his wages. If we tried to offer him the same terms at Swansea it wouldn't surprise me if he never came. I think we can all agree he has the quality to go straight into the first team. Rodgers doubled his wages by moving to a bigger club, I'm sure the player thought that would be on the cards.

Now lets discount for a second that it is nothing to do with him hearing spurs plans and being impressed and looking at their record over the past 3 years. Weighing up the options and deciding that spurs are in a better position to finish higher up the table. Even if he did want an extra 20k per week that is one percent of the wage bill, if Rodgers wants him let's support him.

Oh I'd say Gylfi is more a replacement for VDV than Modric if he ends up there.

Isn't Sigurdsson a huge United fan? I remember reading somewhere that he once wished (as a teenager) that Anfield burned to the ground or something.

If it were me, and I had a chance to make a big move in English football as a 22 year old, and it were down to United and Spurs, if the offers were even close I'd choose Spurs. I know it should come down to footballing questions instead of sentiment, but there's a part of me that hates everything about that club and what it stands for so much that I would struggle to pull on the shirt.

Not saying I wouldn't put that aside for 70k a week, obviously, but if another club came in and offered me 80k I'd jump at it. I think Sigurdsson is probably thrilled to stay away from us, even though he obviously has a connection to Rodgers, and I won't fault him if he makes an emotional decision instead of a rational one. I would have liked him here (I think the rumoured 9 million is a bargain, given reasonable wages) but wouldn't be too upset to see him at Spurs. It's not as if he's the next Messi.

Not a dig but I don't know how people do it - hanging around a transfer thread in the golden age of disinformation. All that excitement, but the chance of something substantiates is so little while the chance to be disappointed is enormous.

It's good to have another hobby, isn't it?

Isn't Sigurdsson a huge United fan? I remember reading somewhere that he once wished (as a teenager) that Anfield burned to the ground or something.

It means fuck all really. Look at the boyhood Blues who have played for us. And the Reds that have played for the Mancs.

When it comes to choosing a career, I think players will put rivalries on the backburner and choose whatever is best for their career/wallet/lifestyle*

*delete where applicable.

Not a dig but I don't know how people do it - hanging around a transfer thread in the golden age of disinformation. All that excitement, but the chance of something substantiates is so little while the chance to be disappointed is enormous.

It's good to have another hobby, isn't it?

Suggesting everyone on the thread goes and gets a life is a tinsy-winsy dig isn't it?

One of my Spurs supporting mates said on Facebook that there is a rumour the club will be sold, he said the rumour was to a sheik from Quatar, but for some reason such a deal sound starnge to me.

Anyone?

Shearer also said on Twitter Gylfi is going to one club only and that is us.

One of my Spurs supporting mates said on Facebook that there is a rumour the club will be sold, he said the rumour was to a sheik from Quatar, but for some reason such a deal sound starnge to me.

Anyone?

Shearer also said on Twitter Gylfi is going to one club only and that is us.

There have been whispers of them hawking the club round for a while. That Mike Jefferies (Did that anti G +H video) is 100% certain they where trying to sell around January/

Guest ShoePiss
There have been whispers of them hawking the club round for a while. That Mike Jefferies (Did that anti G +H video) is 100% certain they where trying to sell around January/

that Jefferies was also saying FSG were trying to sell the club in January. He also said Ayre was a dead man walking and Warrior would be a disaster, oh and he said Suarez would leave in January, if not the summer.

He says quite a lot.

that shearer twitter account is fake, the problem with silly season is people passing on info that is quite obviously bs

incidentally i am about to pass on info but unlike a lot of internet boneheads i have checked the validity of the source and it's pretty good

it's an icelandic-based source who posts rarely, only when he has something of worth to say on Reading Fc's hob-nob anyone forum - he is regarded as a dreaded itk and has been correct and accurate in his previous claims - he is not bullshitter, he just happens to have info on the icelandic scene which is obviously quite helpful with regard to sig

anyway he said this a few hours ago:

Re: SPECULATION - Gylfi on sale for £6m

Post IcelandicStokie, 26 Jun 2012 15:18

New information!!!!

1. Sadly I have been told Reading are out of the race to sign Sigurdsson. The club has been notified of this and has withdrawn from the race.

2. Gylfi has not agreed to join Spurs

3. Spurs have the best offer but Liverpool has a big appeal because of BR and could raise their offer this week.

Its down to Spurs and Liverpool now.