You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Was the the fee was agreed, then he went on Holiday and then comes back and wants to move to Spurs.

If so how is this the clubs fault? Does it not seem more likely that Modric has told Levy he is off, and they suddenly find they have £30m to waste so spunk £10 on Sigurdson, with a higher wage and he thinks 'fuck Liverpool'. This isn't the clubs fault, and it isn't about wages either as he would never been anywhere near the 70 grand a week that is Spurs limit. Why should we up our offer (which is more than Swansea had agreed) because Spurs have popped in.

The Gaston Ramirez thing is weird.

It was Comolli and Kennywho fancied him, so it just happens that Rdgers does too?

Either Rodgers was left a large scouting file on his desk marked 'Ramirez', or he's not the only one making decisions about players.

Ramirez is pure quality and he's no more small or lightweight than Suarez. He's wanted by Juve and Man City which should say it all and if we can get him despite the current position we find ourselves we should be over the moon.

Another player who doesn't get nearly the respect he deserves is this lad. Think Aaron Lennon with an end product!

Imagine him with Suarez and Ramirez!

Was the the fee was agreed, then he went on Holiday and then comes back and wants to move to Spurs.

If so how is this the clubs fault? Does it not seem more likely that Modric has told Levy he is off, and they suddenly find they have £30m to waste so spunk £10 on Sigurdson, with a higher wage and he thinks 'fuck Liverpool'. This isn't the clubs fault, and it isn't about wages either as he would never been anywhere near the 70 grand a week that is Spurs limit. Why should we up our offer (which is more than Swansea had agreed) because Spurs have popped in.

All this while Hoffenheim are laughing their bollocks off with 10 times the player in Roberto Firmino (the reason why they don't care where Sigurdsson is going).

To be honest I'm completely ambivalent about the outcome of this. If he signs, OK. If he doesn't, OK.

Someone described him as a skillful player who is slower than Charlie Adams.

Skill - I like, Slowness - I don't like.

I'm not going to get aroused by all this papertalk - afterall, every article in the paper is written by someone trying to get attention - with the semi-colon and apostrophe in the right place!

Well, I stand corrected on my previous post!

Never fucking learns this club.

I really don't think it is their fault this time though! He has been away on holiday, and taking into account the way Rodgers behaved regarding Swansea (insisting he spoke to them, which is probably a gesture), Gilfi is being a bit of a shit here.

My new Oracle Dunkan Jenkins, said that "the chase for #lfc is not over but they will need to make a bigger offer, they've been surprised by size of spurs offer. B.R will be angry" and that "i'm on holiday in #skeggy with my bird. i only report solid #info. #lfc were 100% percent certain gylfi was coming. see @neiljonesecho T".

I am not sure, but I think he is suggesting Rodgers is angry with Siggurdson.

Ramirez is pure quality and he's no more small or lightweight than Suarez. He's wanted by Juve and Man City which should say it all and if we can get him despite the current position we find ourselves we should be over the moon.

Another player who doesn't get nearly the respect he deserves is this lad. Think Aaron Lennon with an end product!

Imagine him with Suarez and Ramirez!

I've seen Ramirez get shoved off the ball very easily. Slightest touch and he's on the floor.

I've seen Ramirez get shoved off the ball very easily. Slightest touch and he's on the floor.

I've seen the same from Ronaldo, I've also seen Ramirez dance round about 4 tackles that only had the purpose to floor him. All depends on what his instructions/mood is like.

It doesn't matter why Hoffenheim are letting him go, how slow he is, or whether we may rate him or not. The point is BR said himself how much he rated the lad and how he'd love to bring him to Liverpool. On that basis a deal should have been done. Maybe BR has said that he isn't worth the fee or wages, but given the BBC have said Spurs will pay 8m I doubt it. I'm concerned that we cannot attract a player who had a very close relationship with the manager ahead of a rival.

It doesn't matter why Hoffenheim are letting him go, how slow he is, or whether we may rate him or not. The point is BR said himself how much he rated the lad and how he'd love to bring him to Liverpool. On that basis a deal should have been done. Maybe BR has said that he isn't worth the fee or wages, but given the BBC have said Spurs will pay 8m I doubt it. I'm concerned that we cannot attract a player who had a very close relationship with the manager ahead of a rival.

Well according to reports we had reached agreement! So the fault lies with him, not us.

I'll be concerned when the window is closed and we have or don't have players to go forward with. I don't see what all the fuss is about over one player who may or may not sign for the club. The club seem to have done everything right, it's up to the player if he wants to be here and if he does then that's great but if not well see you later.

Looks like he verbally agreed to come to us and then Spurs came in with a bigger offer and have the cash due to Modric leaving and he is taking the bigger offer, unless we match it.

We should learn from our past mistakes of giving out massive contracts, unless he is the real deal, then we should walk away.

The next phase is people talking about how shit Gylfi is and that he is a little greedy bastard and they didn't really want him or rate him.

That is unfair! It seems pretty obvious that we had agreed a deal with him, and it is him that has renaged. This isn't Barry, or Alves or Simao, this is someone who a month ago wasn't even a target.

Lets hope we repay them for Joe Cole!

The next phase is people talking about how shit Gylfi is and that he is a little greedy bastard and they didn't really want him or rate him.

Nah he's a quality little player but he's hardly a world beater. I don't think I'd be too enamored with the idea of replacing Luca Modric with him that's for sure!

I'll be concerned when the window is closed and we have or don't have players to go forward with. I don't see what all the fuss is about over one player who may or may not sign for the club. The club seem to have done everything right, it's up to the player if he wants to be here and if he does then that's great but if not well see you later.

hear,hear!!