You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Faith and Religion

VladimirIlyich

4 hours ago, Rico1304 said:

Fucking mental

Why is this mental? I don't understand this at all.

I mean, you may disagree with them, but the people that went to live in that tribe believe that everyone who doesn't accept Jesus' death on the cross for their sins will spend eternity in hell. Giving up a comfortable life in the US to go and tell them seems like a reasonable response to that belief.

Far better than someone who says "I believe that everyone who doesn't believe that Jesus died for them is going to hell, but I don't care enough to do anything about it."

2 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

I mean, you may disagree with them, but the people that went to live in that tribe believe that everyone who doesn't accept Jesus' death on the cross for their sins will spend eternity in hell. Giving up a comfortable life in the US to go and tell them seems like a reasonable response to that belief.

Far better than someone who says "I believe that everyone who doesn't believe that Jesus died for them is going to hell, but I don't care enough to do anything about it."

I see where you're coming from, but do you not reckon there were a few people a bit closer to home they could have tried convincing first?

Rather than some vainglorious hunt across the globe for the last doomed savage?

On 15/08/2020 at 22:43, Rico1304 said:

Could cure global poverty in the blink of an eye. Instead, the cover for child molesters.  

if you want to recruit members surely ‘we’ve saved every starving person in the world’ is a compelling message. But all religions need suffering, it’s currency. 

Didn't that evil old cunt Mother Teresa say as much as that? Something along the lines of suffer the little children? And they made her a saint!

On 17/08/2020 at 23:49, Nelly-Torres said:

Disgraceful bastards! A pox on the lot of them!

4 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

It does not give them the right to impose their (warped) religious beliefs on them. Christian proselytizing has caused enough damage of the years.

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

You’re assuming it’s a positive.  I think it’s a disgrace.  Fuck their stupid religion and desire to spread the word and ‘save these savages’ 

• Upvote 2

Just now, Grinch said:

They clearly haven't seen Cannibal Holocaust. 

Is that the same film as Cannibal Ferox ? The one that got banned where they put the person (they might do more I only got so far) in that wooden block then scalp them? 

30 minutes ago, Jose Jones said:

There’s a reasonable book about one of the young Rockefeller’s going missing, presumed eaten, in Papua New Guinea when looking for native art in the 60s.

Worth a read if you’re into that kind of thing.

I'm sure I watched a film about that a couple of months ago.

6 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

Is that the same film as Cannibal Ferox ? The one that got banned where they put the person (they might do more I only got so far) in that wooden block then scalp them? 

Different film but similar.   Holocaust got banned because they used real animals to cut up. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Grinch said:

Different film but similar.   Holocaust got banned because they used real animals to cut up. 

Same happened with Ferox,  it was one of the video nasties that got banned in the early '80s. The Holocaust director actually got arrested as prosecutors thought people had been killed during the filming.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Ne Moe Imya said:

Because they turn up to tribes who have little to no contact with even the native inhabitants of their own country and in comes white upper middle class christian white people bringing with them diseases and all other sorts of nonsense to them. They have survived thousands of years without the Christian God so leave them alone.

• Upvote 4

17 hours ago, Lee909 said:

Because they turn up to tribes who have little to no contact with even the native inhabitants of their own country and in comes white upper middle class christian white people bringing with them diseases and all other sorts of nonsense to them. They have survived thousands of years without the Christian God so leave them alone.

The lessons should have been learned from the Conquistadors.

2 hours ago, Stront19m Dog™ said:

Not to forget all those non-Western empires which conquered bits of Europe, long before the Crusades or Conquistadors were even a thing.

Who have you got in mind here SD?

Obviously you've got the Moors conquering Spain, or al-Andalus.  I believe the native Christians weren't best pleased at the time, but it could be said that leaving behind the Alhambra has balanced that out from a historical point of view. 

Mongols in Eastern Europe?

Any others?