You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Faith and Religion

VladimirIlyich

5 minutes ago, A Red said:

I guess you are commenting that its not worth doing it as the US has a small proportion of the total church following. 

It was more a comment about the astronomical numbers of "evil" adherents to evil movements in the world.

Trumpists, papists etc.

Just now, skaro said:

It was more about the astronomical numbers of "evil" adherents to evil movements in the world.

Trumpists, papists etc.

So you think i'm calling catholics evil, is that it? I'm doing my best here, make it easy for me.

18 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

As Head of an organisation that protects pedophiles the pope should be told unless he offers every single avenue of help to any investigation he will be arrested.

He'd just hide in the Vatican with Benedict. 

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/apr/11/ex-pope-benedict-xvi-blames-sexual-abuse-on-swinging-sixties

18 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

As Head of an organisation that protects pedophiles the pope should be told unless he offers every single avenue of help to any investigation he will be arrested.

Could you apply to extradite the Pope from The Vatican? Isn’t it a city state? And if you could, wouldn’t hordes of die-hard Catholics descend on Rome to stop it happening? 

It could actually prove quite entertaining - a bit like the escape from Jerusalem segment in World War Z. Compelling viewing from News helicopters.

14 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Could you apply to extradite the Pope from The Vatican? Isn’t it a city state? And if you could, wouldn’t hordes of die-hard Catholics descend on Rome to stop it happening? 

It could actually prove quite entertaining - a bit like the escape from Jerusalem segment in World War Z. Compelling viewing from News helicopters.

No luck so far with the last one

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/11/pope-complicit-child-abuse-say-victims

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Was watching a thing tonight about edgy comedy. How comedians dont give a fuck and will take the piss out of anything including religion..... Frankie Boyle was one. Cue quite a few taking the piss out of Jesus and Christianity and Judaism. Funnily enough, not one, I repeat not one taking the piss out of what Muslims believe in.

Fuck off Frankie Boyle, youre as edgy as my arse 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, A Red said:

Was watching a thing tonight about edgy comedy. How comedians dont give a fuck and will take the piss out of anything including religion..... Frankie Boyle was one. Cue quite a few taking the piss out of Jesus and Christianity and Judaism. Funnily enough, not one, I repeat not one taking the piss out of what Muslims believe in.

Fuck off Frankie Boyle, youre as edgy as my arse 

He’s on Louis Theroux’s podcast talking about that this week. Doesn’t come out of it well at all. As ever it’s ok to joke about everything apart from the things he thinks it’s not ok to joke about. 

17 minutes ago, Grinch said:

Had to laugh at him complaining about Ricky Gervais making jokes about the trans community. 

Has he forgotten about what he came out with when he was funny? 

Genuinely had to rub my eyes to check I had read the article properly, what a hypocrite. Said it many times Boyle is an utter turd of a man.

• Upvote 2

• 5 months later...