You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Racism in football - is there a problem?

theacademic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
7 hours ago, Reckoner said:

It is Spain,the home of Franco,a functioning Royal Family and a nation to whom Hitler was an ally during it's Civil War. Old habits never die. Haven't you wondered why racist English pensioners retire there to 'get away from the blacks and immigrants.'

On 22/05/2023 at 06:32, VladimirIlyich said:

It is Spain,the home of Franco,a functioning Royal Family and a nation to whom Hitler was an ally during it's Civil War. Old habits never die. Haven't you wondered why racist English pensioners retire there to 'get away from the blacks and immigrants.'

They have a considerably more left wing government than the UK.

• 5 months later...
4 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

I am not on Twitter.

From Reddit.

A pro team did the same recently I think. Had a statue in the stadium.

This is the heart of the problem to be honest, people believing anything they read or hear so long as it conforms to their prejudices, without actually bothering to check.

3 minutes ago, Reckoner said:

You Riley old Jew you, very clever, now fuck off.

Erm, thanks I guess?

2 minutes ago, Strontium said:

This is the heart of the problem to be honest, people believing anything they read or hear so long as it conforms to their prejudices, without actually bothering to check.

The heart of what problem?

I don't have any prejudices - it was racist and is in the Racism thread.

3 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

The heart of what problem?

I don't have any prejudices - it was racist and is in the Racism thread.

The problem with public discourse and social media in general, this forum included.

I agree it's racist. That was the point she was making. It doesn't stop being racist just because it's actually the other way around.

19 minutes ago, Strontium said:

Negged for dishonestly excluding the post after:

honesty.png

Just out of interest, would you have negged me if I'd posted her tweet saying that those at Liverpool St the other night were singing "Jihad" when in fact they were singing "ceasefire" ? 

7 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Just out of interest, would you have negged me if I'd posted her tweet saying that those at Liverpool St the other night were singing "Jihad" when in fact they were singing "ceasefire" ? 

I thought you did post something about that, someone did anyway. I didn't neg anyone for it.