You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

'You should have stayed at a big club'

Guest San Don

I'd be surprised if he ddin't make the squad, but if he misses out it's difficult to think how it could get any worse for him.

I feel a bit sorry for him. What a sad, sad decline.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHA!

Jonny83 - I think this answers your question!! :whistle:

I have to be honest, I'm well over laughing at him now. The miss against Utd had me in a spluttering fit of schadenfreude. But I just look at it with cold analysis now as if Luis Figo failed in his move to Real Madrid; someone elses problem. A damn shame such a player's talents have evaporated for whatever reason. What was he thinking!!

He must have totally underestimated how unique the support and love we have for our stars is at LFC. He must've thought that all English clubs were like us.

If he came back, I just couldn't love him anything like I did before. I always got a whiff of him seeming like he was doing us a favour though.

How much of a part did his agent play in prompting the move I wonder; suppose I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt, which makes me feel a bit better, and maybe not him.

I always look out for our players whom have moved on, and always hope to see them do well - though not at our expense - such as Benayoun, Riise and Macca. Just thinking about it, this has to be the only big move of a big star from us to a major rival in my lifetime (40). So like I say, I don't take delight in seeing him fail any longer, as feelings like that don't come natural, as I've never had to deal with it before.

If he'd stayed - and assuming his form would have had continuum - we could be in second or third. A fuck him so!!

torres_forblog595.jpg

Guest San Don

Now his signing for a 'bigger' club had resulted in him losing his Spain place, I wonder how long it will be before he starts asking his representatives to find him a new club in an attempt to resurrect his career?

Funny. As. Fuck.

You reap what you sow!

Has there ever been a bigger fuck up by a player? 4 years ago he was playing for us and scoring the winning goal for Spain in the Final of the European Champions to make himself a national hero... Now, when he should be in his prime, he's struggling to even make the squad and I don't think he will as Villa will defo be fit for the Euro's..

The only other player I can think fucked himself as badly as Nando has is Owen.. Moving to Real Madrid for Champions League football and watching us bring home Number 5 in the greatest final of all time....

I posted this a year ago (how do I get the whole post and not just the link?)

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/2749502-post605.html

I think its the fact he kept sticking the knife in rather than let his play on the pitch and his goals do the talking is what sticks in the throat of many fans and why this thread is 60 pages long. I hope managers direct ego mad players to the plight of Torres as to what can go wrong when you think you are bigger than your club.

Guest San Don
I think its the fact he kept sticking the knife in rather than let his play on the pitch and his goals do the talking is what sticks in the throat of many fans and why this thread is 60 pages long. I hope managers direct ego mad players to the plight of Torres as to what can go wrong when you think you are bigger than your club.

Wouldnt disagree with that. Even if he blames the previous owners for the club's deterioration, he should have kept his gob shut when the chelshit PR team told him to say shit like 'now Im at a bigger club' and stuff about 'everyone knows you are a professionsal.'

Those two quotes and others stuck the knife in Liverpool. It also sticks in my craw that he didnt give the new owners a chance and handed in a poxy transfer request in the last hours of the transfer window never mind the 4 or 5 million quid in wages he took during his last year for doing the square root of fuck all on the pitch (except when he felt like it).

He is, quite literally, where he deserves to be right now, a broken player looking for scraps.

He's at a club who think more of daniel sturridge than they do him. Ha, fucking, ha!