You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Assassins Creed

Lee909

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it's going to be boss. I just hope it makes some changes from the current formula, it needs a few tweaks to stop it going stale, as much as I love them.

Agreed. I had read earlier rumours and such about the N American setting and was wondering how the gameplay would get round lack of rooftops and buildings, but seeing the free running in the trees in that video has answered a few doubts.

Hope they fuck off the multiplayer trophies this time round though!! I wish devs would realise that not every game is suited or has to have multi tacked on.

Cannot wait for this. The trailer is ace all on its own.

They're a clever bunch at Ubisoft; they always use the historical setting as the main selling point and it always manages to be so much more than that.

The Washington speech at the end is good; clearly about the British, but also a subtle nod to the war between Assassins and Templars.

It'll be interesting to see how the Desmond story (always the secondary story for me when compared to those of Altair and Ezio) is all tied up. There were a few hints that Lucy had been killed in Revelations but Ubisoft haven't confirmed that she isn't going to make an appearance here. Obviously moving the setting to America will help establish how there comes to be a Temple in modern day New York but it won't explain the role of the Assassins and the Templars in the War of Independence. As you can tell, I'm more than a little excited about this game.

• 2 weeks later...

According to the Ubisoft Assassin's site, the protagonist is a half-Mohawk, half-English feller known by his English name of Connor. Can't remember his native name. He gets into a scrap with the redcoats when they attack his home or village or something. A little like the awful Mel Gibson film The Patriot in that respect.

It should be ace this.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I just cancelled my purchase of this. I'm gutted really, but we're totally skint and have got both kids' birthdays in the next three weeks with Christmas round the corner, all the family at ours for Christmas day and a trip to Tunisia for my sister's wedding to pay for. Plus, I only got that Dishonoured game this week so one of them wouldn't be played for a while. It's going on my Christmas list now.

I'm a bit unsure of the controls at the moment. They've changed them around and I can't say I think it's a change for the better right now. Possibly just because I'm not used to it.

It says you need to use R2 to reload your musket but it doesn't do it as that brings up the weapons selector. Presume that's a bug to be patched?

Not got through, sussed the reloading thing. You have to tap R2 rather than hold it to reload. Fighting is a little odd with the control changes but should get used to that soon enough. Off to work now though to won't be able to have another crack till later on tonight,

I didn't play much last night,but the controls are taking some getting used to.Especially the new party system,I should be easier after a while though.Will play a little more tonight then get stuck in over the weekend.

The gun reloading times are a nightmare,the aiming is fiddly as well.

I pre-ordered it weeks ago from Tesco as they had £5 off pre-launch games. Had an email today saying it's just been dispatched, a day after release, what a shower of shite, last time I order from them. If I'd ordered from Shop To like I usually do I'd more than likely have had it before release day.